Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ryle
17.86%
Highlands
82.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle at Highlands 10/28
Who wins and why?
Highlands just because they are Highlands. Not al ot of responses on this. Wonder why? Where are all the Highland faithful at. Come out Come out wherever you are.
Highlands - 55
Ryle - 25
Towles plays 72-7. Towels sits 56-7. Towles will likely sit. Isn't the minimum window on a concussion 10 days for clearance?
Wideleft01 Wrote:Towles plays 72-7. Towels sits 56-7. Towles will likely sit. Isn't the minimum window on a concussion 10 days for clearance?

c'mon ryle isnt harrison co.

with PT Highlands 56-17
w/o PT Highlands 42-19
Any word on if Towles will play or not?
Hope PT rests, no need for him to play and will give backup QB's more game time.

Highlands 48 Ryle 14
Highlands big.
Did ryle lose that much? I know they beat highlands once last year why all the lopsided predictions?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Did ryle lose that much? I know they beat highlands once last year why all the lopsided predictions?

They lost a lot except for stud RB Elliot, who is out for the rest of the year after ACL surgery. This in no way is the same team Ryle has had the last 2 years.
Highlands-49
Ryle-10
sstack Wrote:They lost a lot except for stud RB Elliot, who is out for the rest of the year after ACL surgery. This in no way is the same team Ryle has had the last 2 years.

Wow just goes to show how quickly things can change
.............Common Opponents
Highlands............................... Ryle
61 - 13........Dixie Heights........38 - 28
..............margin

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
48.7..........4........1(4A).........Highlands
29.8.........22.......6(4A).........Ryle
Point spread Highlands by 18
Highlands Probability of Victory 85.0782854

Not very likely but I hope the Raiders pull another week 11 upset
Highlands 49
Ryle 7

Ryle without Elliott doesn't have much of a chance.
Highlands 56
Ryle 14
Ryle's JV QB came in last week and ran wild, for over 250 yards. Highlands will win going away on Senior night, with the starters watching in the 2nd half. Article in the paper said Towles will play if medically cleared to play. Head/Neck trauma is so individual to the player. The fact that he is 6'5+, 230+ pounds is certainly a plus for someone who takes a blow to that head/neck.

If Towles plays, HHS 56, Ryle 13
If Towles sits, HHS 56, Ryle 13.

McCoy would be the starter for just about every other N.Ky team, save Dixie, CCH, and NCC.
Highlands wins 48-17
Highlands big.
Highlands which may be the best team in the state. The only other argument would be Louisville Trinity. These two are by far the top two in the state.
Highlands should win easily with or without Towles, but hope Towles is good and gets to play.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Ryle's JV QB came in last week and ran wild, for over 250 yards. Highlands will win going away on Senior night, with the starters watching in the 2nd half. Article in the paper said Towles will play if medically cleared to play. Head/Neck trauma is so individual to the player. The fact that he is 6'5+, 230+ pounds is certainly a plus for someone who takes a blow to that head/neck.

If Towles plays, HHS 56, Ryle 13
If Towles sits, HHS 56, Ryle 13.

McCoy would be the starter for just about every other N.Ky team, save Dixie, CCH, and NCC.

McCoy would be the starter for 90% of the teams in KENTUCKY!
Highlands wins by at least 3 td

Reasons: 1. Ryle lost a lot from last year. I saw them at Colerain earlier in the year. O was pathetic, D not much better.
2. It is at DCMS
3. PT probably does not play or sees very limited action. If PT plays it will be much worse than 3 tds
4. Revenge for last year's week 10 loss in Union.
McCoy by 4TDs, Towles by 5TDs. or more. Revenge will be sweet.
I would like to see an and 1 game at the end of the year between Highlands and Trinity!!! What a game that would be!!! Highlands would be the only team in Ky that could play close to Trinity and might even beat those big shots!!
Trinity and Highlands have scrimmaged one another the last two season...last year Trinity 49-42 and this year 38-14. My guess is if the realignment of each class would of happen in 2008 you would of seen them play a real game...Highlands was playing Male for the longest time til that ended and they got Trinity for the preseaon game.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I would like to see an and 1 game at the end of the year between Highlands and Trinity!!! What a game that would be!!! Highlands would be the only team in Ky that could play close to Trinity and might even beat those big shots!!

Confusederiously:Love my Birds, but no way. Trinity might be able walk through the playoffs unscored upon if they choose to go that route. I'm thinking that after the season they've had, the playoffs are going to seem like a series of Highlands/Pendleton County games. Starters out by the half and the rest of the school gets to do a preview of next year.
Highlands by 14+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Towles is starting this game at QB. Highland's defense is playing very well. Highlands wins the game and will be well prepared for the playoffs.
^ I'd say it's just to get reps and his feet back into the fire. My guess is that they won't go more than a few series with him
Stardust Wrote:^ I'd say it's just to get reps and his feet back into the fire. My guess is that they won't go more than a few series with him

I would disagree with playing Towels. It is a game Highlands will prob win going away without him. And It's not like he needs the reps to be familiar with the offense he is a four year starter. Ryle may not be as good as last year but they are much better than boyd county and could actually put a good hit on towels and keep him out of playoff action. I'd rather see them sit him this week and let him work off the rust next week against boyd.