Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Streak
Knott Co Central is currently on a 30 game losing streak. With Allen Central next week and no playoff game, they will probably end the year at 31.

What is the state record & is this the longest active streak?
whats the biggest reason for the streak??
Have they ever been good?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rustyankle Wrote:whats the biggest reason for the streak??

Basketball is king in Knott Co and the administration doesn't care that much about football.
Altro Cat Wrote:Basketball is king in Knott Co and the administration doesn't care that much about football.

The administration coaches the team?
I thought my old coach Tom Sercy coaches them.
maybe they need get assistant coach with a winning team to come and build the program
X Factor Wrote:Knott Co Central is currently on a 30 game losing streak. With Allen Central next week and no playoff game, they will probably end the year at 31.

What is the state record & is this the longest active streak?

Good question, unfortunately I am too lazy to browse through KHSAA for hours to find it.

But if I had to bet on it - I'd say KCC is relatively close or has already passed the record.
Stardust Wrote:The administration coaches the team?

No but they hire the coaches, provide funding for the program, establish the grade school and middle school programs in the county, etc. A lot more goes in to building an established football program than hiring a coach and recruiting a couple players which is what they do for basketball.

You have to build the program up and establish a winning tradition in order to maintain a competitive football program and that requires dedication and work from the superintendant, athletic director, coaches from middle school, grade school and high school.
Sorry to tell you, but losing streaks arent going to be kept in the KHSAA record books lol.
Ive known of worse, but KCC better step it up in there playing or they will be remembered as a team who didnt win a game for 4 or 5 years.
Id hate to be a senior on that team next year going into my senior year with an all time record of 0-30. Id also hate to finish out my high school career with 0 wins of they dont win a game next year.
^ Very true
Its time for some changes, and I don't mean coaches..... They have had several coaches, some people who are in administration need to step down, put some people in who will do what needs to be done to have a good program and do what's right for the kids.
They already have a new head coach in waiting. He was brought in this year to replace Tom when he retires in 2 years. You know Knott Co kids dont start playing real football until like 5th grade? Its all flag football. On top of that they only play about 5 games all year. I think a program has to have a AWESOME feeder program to be successful. Steve Spurrier couldnt come in and make that program a winning program with a lot of changes.
I know Coach Hollan is a great guy and coach, I hope he can make the admins see what is needed to turn the program around.