Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT's coverage of the Volleyball Regionals
None...14th was held within rock throwing distance. Instead had highlights of the Breathitt Co-Knott Co intense football rivalry.
There is no excuse and it is downright disgraceful. Two years ago they refused to travel to Estill County and due to the distance, that is somewhat understandable. However, you can walk from WYMT studios to Hazard High School. They played up the Breathitt County-Knott County Central football game like it was something special when Knott County is not in the same league as Jenkins, much less Breathitt County. I know in most peoples eye's that volleyball is secondary to football but I guarantee that Letcher Central's volleyball has a bigger fan following then KCC's football.
Derek Forster did put it on his twitter page, but it was never mentioned on TV. Not even the soccer team winning region was mentioned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Who twit's?
No coverage of the State either. You had the 13th, 14th, and 15th playing back to back. Zero coverage again.
Basketball, football, and some baseball. Thats about all your going to get in this area. Perry Central has had a pretty successful wrestling program since the beginning and they have never covered any wrestling.
If you go by results most of the smaller sports have been more successful in this area then the big time sports. However, no one knows about it.
We are proud of all mountain sports. Not just the big three.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]