Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County At McCreary Central 10/21
The Bell County Bobcats travel to Mccreary Central friday night. The Bobcats are coming on strong and hitting there stride at the right time of the season. Its Wanyes World!! Coach wayne mills will have his squad ready!!

Thought and Prediction?

:happysmile:
JV gets plenty of action on Friday.
No doubt...Bell County.
Bells b team wins! Saves starters for next week!
bell.... congrats to the new coach on a good season
Bell Co. big
Bell
Bell's regular season was a predictable 9 and 1 in regular season in 3A land. They are the dominant force in 3A and should and will likely win that state title. Their only challenge may be that 9-1 record. Not sure how those cupcakes prepare you to beat Central who plays teams in 6A land.
Football1 Wrote:Bell's regular season was a predictable 9 and 1 in regular season in 3A land. They are the dominant force in 3A and should and will likely win that state title. Their only challenge may be that 9-1 record. Not sure how those cupcakes prepare you to beat Central who plays teams in 6A land.

I was wondering, other than the district games they have to play what cupcakes teams did they play. Lex Cath, Lex Laf, Harlan Co. OK i'll give you M'boro is a cupcake, but man i sure enjoyed watching that beatdown.:ChairHit:
Football1 Wrote:Bell's regular season was a predictable 9 and 1 in regular season in 3A land. They are the dominant force in 3A and should and will likely win that state title. Their only challenge may be that 9-1 record. Not sure how those cupcakes prepare you to beat Central who plays teams in 6A land.
Really thought it was unpredictable of Bell to schedule Lex Cath and showed a lot of character. Went for the big dogs and I heard a lot of people talk about being impressed. Wouldn't consider whitley a cupcake as they are up and coming. Showed that against Perry. Lex Lafayette has been no pushover with a good season and Bell shut them out in the second half. Other than the Boro and brother that's just fun unless I'm wrong I think the rest of the teams were district. Maybe our ideas of a cupcake don't mesh because I'm not seeing it.

Bell would and will beat Central by 2 TD's. Mark it down.

Lets not throw stones when we live in a glass house.

We played Lancaster Christian who is not even a assosiated team in Tn. G-P who is not very good and Clinton Tn. who is having a really down year. Then add 1-7 West Jessamine. I think we had a few cream puffs too.

Bell had a pretty tough non-district with LexCath, Lafayette, Whitley and Harlan Co.

Bell is still Bell as hard as it is for some to accept.
IF Wayne wanted to be like some coaches we could win 100-0 come Friday night.
When you win it is so easy for those that don't like you to say "you played a cupcake schedule".. IMO Bell played a cupcake district schedule the past fou years, because of district teams couldn't beat them..
William Muney Wrote:Lets not throw stones when we live in a glass house.

We played Lancaster Christian who is not even a assosiated team in Tn. G-P who is not very good and Clinton Tn. who is having a really down year. Then add 1-7 West Jessamine. I think we had a few cream puffs too.

Bell had a pretty tough non-district with LexCath, Lafayette, Whitley and Harlan Co.

Bell is still Bell as hard as it is for some to accept.
I don't disagree that we could have benefited from a tougher schedule. We ended up with very few options and took LCA just so we would have 10 games on the schedule. We had, as some recall, a game scheduled with Bell that was taken from us.

My point is I want Bell to win the 3A title. I think highly of Coach Mills and consider the Bell folks neighbors. I make no effort to hide my disdain for the choice all those involved made to take the Bell game from the seniors on both sides. That notwithstanding, I'm a Bell football fan. They have no challenge outside of HC and LC on their schedule. I hope that does not hurt them in the playoffs.

We have PCC, HC, Rock and Russell Cnty, and Madison Central on our schedule who all represented and represent real loss opportunities for Knox.
redstorm Wrote:When you win it is so easy for those that don't like you to say "you played a cupcake schedule".. IMO Bell played a cupcake district schedule the past fou years, because of district teams couldn't beat them..

You are correct. But it is not as easy and far less popular for those who do like Bell football to point this out. Bell was the best thing that ever happened to Knox Central. The rivalry there spurred our kids to work harder and get better. I always pull for Bell and will continue to do so. That does not change the fact that in a year when you got the gift of moving away from 4A competition you could have made yourself better prepared for the state championship run by playing tougher teams.
Football1 Wrote:I don't disagree that we could have benefited from a tougher schedule. We ended up with very few options and took LCA just so we would have 10 games on the schedule. We had, as some recall, a game scheduled with Bell that was taken from us.

My point is I want Bell to win the 3A title. I think highly of Coach Mills and consider the Bell folks neighbors. I make no effort to hide my disdain for the choice all those involved made to take the Bell game from the seniors on both sides. That notwithstanding, I'm a Bell football fan. They have no challenge outside of HC and LC on their schedule. I hope that does not hurt them in the playoffs.

We have PCC, HC, Rock and Russell Cnty, and Madison Central on our schedule who all represented and represent real loss opportunities for Knox.

You can't include Rock and Russell in your argument, those are district games and are not in control of the schools. So as someone else said KC's non-district is not very good. HC is the only good team in the non-district PERIOD!! You will see how good PCC is this week.

Calling Bell's schedule a cupcake is ................... well stupid!

M'boro was the only pushover out of the non-district games. Nobody could have predicted that Clay would be bad. LexCath 4A and Lafayette 6A are in the top 10 of there classes. Whitley was 3 yds. away from finishing 2nd in there 5A district. Harlan Co. is 1 of the top teams in 5A. Keep in mind Bell is 3A.

Not to be too cocky but Bell would beat KC this year too just like the years past. Coach Mills made that decision and that is that. I know he still very strongly for the players, coaches and some of the parents at KC.

I wish KC luck this week and hope they bring home there first district title.:Thumbs:
Football1 Wrote:We have PCC, HC, Rock and Russell Cnty, and Madison Central on our schedule who all represented and represent real loss opportunities for Knox.

Madison Central has won 5 games in 3 years and 4 of those was this year. They are not much to brag about.
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:Madison Central has won 5 games in 3 years and 4 of those was this year. They are not much to brag about.

Very true but they are playing somewhat better.
TopCat Wrote:You can't include Rock and Russell in your argument, those are district games and are not in control of the schools. So as someone else said KC's non-district is not very good. HC is the only good team in the non-district PERIOD!! You will see how good PCC is this week.

Calling Bell's schedule a cupcake is ................... well stupid!

M'boro was the only pushover out of the non-district games. Nobody could have predicted that Clay would be bad. LexCath 4A and Lafayette 6A are in the top 10 of there classes. Whitley was 3 yds. away from finishing 2nd in there 5A district. Harlan Co. is 1 of the top teams in 5A. Keep in mind Bell is 3A.

Not to be too cocky but Bell would beat KC this year too just like the years past. Coach Mills made that decision and that is that. I know he still very strongly for the players, coaches and some of the parents at KC.

I wish KC luck this week and hope they bring home there first district title.:Thumbs:

You should be able to count district games because that should play into the coachs mind when scheduling non district. Bell Co knew they had no one except Corbin in there district so they could have beefed it up a bunch.

Everyone knew Clay was way down losing so many seniors and a coach. It was no secret in this area anyway about thereseason this year. It does not matter if Bell is 3a - 4a - or 5a, they are supposed to be a state contender and playing weaker teams expose them to critics. Whitley Co is not that good I dont care how close they come to finishing any game in the district. They are getting better but you should not hang you rhat on Whitley that is like Knox hanging theres on Madison Central. Lafayette is decent but all Lexington 6A schools are decent and no better than any other really. Catholic was a good game and Harlan County. Other than that, nothing really.

Bell Co has - Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Harlan Co and we will say lafayette

Knox Central has - Harlan County, Perry Central, Rock, Russell Co and Gatlinburg Pittman is quality enough.

Bottom line is Bell Co wil be good playing whomever they choose to play but not playing better teams just adds fuel to people fire wanting revenge who cannot win it on the field.
Bell has not seen Central's speed this year.
Bell Co. 52-6.
Tica Wrote:Bell has not seen Central's speed this year.

And your point is?????? I have seen you post this over and over. I don't really understand your motivation. We all know Central is fast and has already been crowned 3A champs by most. :1:

Maybe since they are so fast we should stop playing football and award the title to the best track team? :dontthink
Football1 Wrote:I don't disagree that we could have benefited from a tougher schedule. We ended up with very few options and took LCA just so we would have 10 games on the schedule. We had, as some recall, a game scheduled with Bell that was taken from us.

As I recall and have talked with leaders of both Bell and Knox it was a two way decision. Not "taking from you" but both of them thought it was the best for both teams to stay away from each other a couple years before bringing the game back. Your recall may be an opinion.

Find it hard to believe you don't think Lex Cath and Lex Lafayette are challenging but you have a right to that opinion.

Not taking anything from KNOX because they deserve being recognized for years of accomplishments. I do remember before the Mills era they were in the grave and he led them out to a competitive program.

Been a Bell fan for years and still am
but hope for the best for KNOX.
Football1 Wrote:You are correct. But it is not as easy and far less popular for those who do like Bell football to point this out. Bell was the best thing that ever happened to Knox Central. The rivalry there spurred our kids to work harder and get better. I always pull for Bell and will continue to do so. That does not change the fact that in a year when you got the gift of moving away from 4A competition you could have made yourself better prepared for the state championship run by playing tougher teams.

I think the sched was set when Mills came except for the Lex Cath game.I'd say the team got some prep time when playing them. Seemed pretty competitive when I watched.

Id say the gift came because of those good coaching years at KNOX.
Tica Wrote:Bell has not seen Central's speed this year.

Who has? Can't judge a book by that.
TopCat Wrote:And your point is?????? I have seen you post this over and over. I don't really understand your motivation. We all know Central is fast and has already been crowned 3A champs by most. :1:

Maybe since they are so fast we should stop playing football and award the title to the best track team? :dontthink

Maybe our D Line will knock them out before they take out of the blocks?
Standing behind the Bobcats.