3. Lou. Holy Cross-7-11263
4. Fairview-8-01204
5. Hazard-5-21005
6. Pikeville-6-2816
7. Eminence-8-0517
8. Williamsburg-6-2468
9. Lou. Ky. Country Day-6-2349
10. Harlan-4-32610
Others receiving votes: 11, Russellville 12. 12, Frankfort 10. 13, Raceland 4. 14, Nicholas Co. 2.
Class 2A
Rank-SchoolFPVRcdTPPvs
1. Newport Central Catholic(16)8-01691
2. Owensboro Catholic(1)8-01462
3. Glasgow-8-01393
4. Murray-7-1954
5. Somerset-5-3835
6. Danville-6-2707
7. Bardstown-7-1539
8. Owen Co.-8-05010
9. Green Co.-5-3436
10. Cov. Holy Cross-6-219
Others receiving votes: 11, Lou. Christian Academy 17. 12, Prestonsburg 14. 13, Butler Co. 12. 14, Lou. DeSales 11. 15, Leslie Co. 4. 16, Hancock Co. 3. 16, Betsy Layne 3. 18, Carroll Co. 2. 18, Walton-Verona 2.
Class 3A
Rank-SchoolFPVRcdTPPvs
1. Lou. Central(11)6-21561
2. Belfry(2)8-01442
3. Bell Co.(4)7-11423
4. Breathitt Co.-8-01204
5. Paducah Tilghman-7-21035
6. Edmonson Co.-8-0836
7. Garrard Co.-7-1687
8. Fort Campbell-4-4378
9. Pike Co. Central-6-225
T10. Russell-5-31110
T10. Wayne Co.-7-211
Others receiving votes: 12, Corbin 9. 13, Powell Co. 8. 14, Lewis Co. 6. 15, Trigg Co. 4. 16, LaRue Co. 3. 17, Monroe Co. 2. 17, Morgan Co. 2.
Class 4A
Rank-SchoolFPVRcdTPPvs
1. Highlands(17)8-01701
2. Lex. Catholic-7-11402
3. Cov. Catholic-6-21333
4. Boyle Co.-5-3975
5. Johnson Central-7-1806
6. Madisonville-North Hopkins-7-1747
7. Franklin-Simpson-7-1509
T8. Knox Central-6-243
T8. Rockcastle Co.-7-1434
10. Russell Co.-7-1388
Others receiving votes: 11, Ashland Blazer 35. 12, Lone Oak 19. 13, North Oldham 8. 14, Martha Layne Collins 5.
Class 5A
Rank-SchoolFPVRcdTPPvs
1. Bowling Green(15)8-01681
2. John Hardin-8-01502
3. Harlan Co.(2)8-01235
4. Christian Co.-9-01184
5. Warren Central-7-11003
6. Franklin Co.-9-0946
7. Perry Co. Central-7-1568
8. Ohio Co.-7-1379
9. Lou. Jeffersontown-6-23510
10. Anderson Co.-6-2317
Others receiving votes: 11, North Bullitt 11. 12, Conner 3. 13, North Hardin 2. 13, Woodford Co. 2. 13, Cooper 2.
Class 6A
Rank-SchoolFPVRcdTPPvs
1. Lou. Trinity(17)8-01701
2. Scott Co.-8-01462
3. Lou. St. Xavier-5-41304
4. Lou. DuPont Manual-6-21163
5. Lou. Butler-6-21115
6. Lou. Eastern-6-2569
7. Lou. Pleasure Ridge Park-6-2517
8. Lex. Lafayette-6-3376
9. Ryle-5-3318
10. Boone Co.-5-32810
Others receiving votes: 11, Henderson Co. 24. 12, Meade Co. 11. 14, Lex. Bryan Station 9. 15, Madison Central 5. 15, Lou. Male 5. 17, Campbell Co. 3. 18, Lex. Paul Dunbar 2.
———
All Associated Press members in Kentucky are eligible to participate in the high school football poll. Those who voted for this week's poll are: The Daily Independent, Ashland; Daily News, Bowling Green; Times-Tribune, Corbin; The Advocate-Messenger, Danville; The News-Enterprise, Elizabethtown; Daily Enterprise, Harlan; The Gleaner, Henderson; Kentucky New Era, Hopkinsville; Lexington Herald-Leader; The Courier-Journal, Louisville; The Mayfield Messenger; The Middlesboro Daily News; Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer; The Paducah Sun; Appalachian News Express, Pikeville; WKYX; WLKY.

http://hosted2.ap.org/ALDEC/TDSports/Art...5b1fc308f9
Looks like Bourbon County is not getting any respect in 3A.
Harlan County back up to #3 as I believe they should be in the wake of recent results. I am less certain that Christian County belongs above Warren Central. On the one hand you have the Dragons taking a 21 point point loss to Bowling Green. On the other, you have some very disturbingly close calls from Christian County. Try as I might, I still can't convince myself that Ohio County or Graves County belongs in a game with Christian County. I'm not certain I wouldn't even rank Franklin County above Christian County at this point.
DragonFire Wrote:Harlan County back up to #3 as I believe they should be in the wake of recent results. I am less certain that Christian County belongs above Warren Central. On the one hand you have the Dragons taking a 21 point point loss to Bowling Green. On the other, you have some very disturbingly close calls from Christian County. Try as I might, I still can't convince myself that Ohio County or Graves County belongs in a game with Christian County. I'm not certain I wouldn't even rank Franklin County above Christian County at this point.

I've been thinking that Christian Co was better than Warren Central for a few weeks. Ohio Co has been a very good team, but I would have expected a more dominate performance over Graves Co as well. I'm not ready to jump off the Christian Co bus, but I'm moving a bit closer to the door just in case.

Overall, I think the 5A rankings are pretty good.
laker20 Wrote:I've been thinking that Christian Co was better than Warren Central for a few weeks. Ohio Co has been a very good team, but I would have expected a more dominate performance over Graves Co as well. I'm not ready to jump off the Christian Co bus, but I'm moving a bit closer to the door just in case.

I remember we had the discussion. The way I look at it, Central has had one bad performance, that coming at Ballard. They took the loss to Bowling Green, and that just is what it is. The Purples are an outstanding team, and while they were fairly dominant, there were some things that I felt if Central could get ironed out could help them reel it in if they were to meet again. Some probably looked at the Meade County margin as a negative in the wake of Meade losing a few in a row, but the result against Central Hardin just goes to show you what a healthy Meade County looks like when they have Wilson.

Christian County meanwhile has shown signs of distress most of the season. 4 points over Fort Campbell (in a comeback), 4 points over Ohio County (in a huge comeback), and a single point over Graves County are causes for concern. You note Ohio County as a very good team. Ask yourself this, what legitimizes them? It's the close loss to Christian County.

On one of the other boards I've seen it said that this Christian County team is better than last year's team. That is pure, unadulterated, LUNACY.

I feel like Ohio County is definitely overranked, but aside from that I don't have major qualms with the poll. I do feel like Central is better, and now we'll get the chance to find out which one of us is right most likely. I won't take the Graves County / Warren Central playoff totally for granted, but I think I'd be shocked a fair amount if Graves County got super close.
DragonFire Wrote:The Purples are an outstanding team, and while they were fairly dominant, there were some things that I felt if Central could get ironed out could help them reel it in if they were to meet again.
The other side of that coin is the Purples "ironing" some things out and extending the margin.
Thunder Lips Wrote:The other side of that coin is the Purples "ironing" some things out and extending the margin.

Certainly. The Purples could not have been happy with the amount of penalties they took in the game, and neither team executed with perfection. I did not mean to indicate that adjustments are one-sided. I can tell you that they would not trade trying to iron out penalties for Central's unforced turnovers.
Unforced errors?
Fumbles on exchange between FB and QB and one on the snap? Those types of things. Not talking about the sack/fumble BG forced to set up their last TD. Central had two turnovers inside the BG 25 on plays where the player wasn't even touched. So yes, unforced errors.

Coach Wallace mentioned their penalties and Central's turnovers specifically in his postgame interview as things that dictated how stages of the game went.
DragonFire Wrote:I remember we had the discussion. The way I look at it, Central has had one bad performance, that coming at Ballard. They took the loss to Bowling Green, and that just is what it is. The Purples are an outstanding team, and while they were fairly dominant, there were some things that I felt if Central could get ironed out could help them reel it in if they were to meet again. Some probably looked at the Meade County margin as a negative in the wake of Meade losing a few in a row, but the result against Central Hardin just goes to show you what a healthy Meade County looks like when they have Wilson.

Christian County meanwhile has shown signs of distress most of the season. 4 points over Fort Campbell (in a comeback), 4 points over Ohio County (in a huge comeback), and a single point over Graves County are causes for concern. You note Ohio County as a very good team. Ask yourself this, what legitimizes them? It's the close loss to Christian County.

On one of the other boards I've seen it said that this Christian County team is better than last year's team. That is pure, unadulterated, LUNACY.

I feel like Ohio County is definitely overranked, but aside from that I don't have major qualms with the poll. I do feel like Central is better, and now we'll get the chance to find out which one of us is right most likely. I won't take the Graves County / Warren Central playoff totally for granted, but I think I'd be shocked a fair amount if Graves County got super close.

I don't disagree that Ohio Co is overranked, but they have had a good year and have played pretty solid in every game. They are no where near the level of W. Central or BG, but then again, how many teams in 5A really have a chance to go the distance. From the East the only real good team is Harlan Co, and from the west you have BG, JH, WC, CC and perhaps Franklin Co. So, that encompasses the top 6 teams in this poll. I honestly think #7 through #14 or 15 are interchangeable, and a significant step down from the first 5-6 teams. Perhaps Christian Co deserves to be in the later group, we'll soon find out. We'll see how they match up against an improving Southwestern next week.
Wow, at 3-5, Campbell county got votes after beating Ryle. I wonder if they beat Boone this week if they get ranked in the top 10
Eminence has no business in the top 10 until they play someone.

Fairview is not better than Hazard.

Williamsburg should not be in the top 10 either.

It seems they are rewarding teams for playing no one and winning. Raceland would do work on Williamsburg, IMO.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Eminence has no business in the top 10 until they play someone.

Fairview is not better than Hazard.

Williamsburg should not be in the top 10 either.

It seems they are rewarding teams for playing no one and winning. Raceland would do work on Williamsburg, IMO.

I agree with it all.
DragonFire Wrote:Fumbles on exchange between FB and QB and one on the snap? Those types of things. Not talking about the sack/fumble BG forced to set up their last TD. Central had two turnovers inside the BG 25 on plays where the player wasn't even touched. So yes, unforced errors.

Coach Wallace mentioned their penalties and Central's turnovers specifically in his postgame interview as things that dictated how stages of the game went.

Should "good" teams be making those type of fundamental errors in the 8th game of the season? Interesting.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Should "good" teams be making those type of fundamental errors in the 8th game of the season? Interesting.

It happens in the NFL every week.
What idiots voted for woodford co. Whoever they are their votes should be taken away. They are out of the playoffs winless in district and just lost 38-0 to Montgomery co. Just makes me wonder if some of these people even keep up or just vote for who they like.
Scott Co. #2 in 6A. They would almost be my pick if Trinity wasn't playing in 6A.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Should "good" teams be making those type of fundamental errors in the 8th game of the season? Interesting.

You're right, they suck.

We're done here.
laker20 Wrote:I've been thinking that Christian Co was better than Warren Central for a few weeks. Ohio Co has been a very good team, but I would have expected a more dominate performance over Graves Co as well. I'm not ready to jump off the Christian Co bus, but I'm moving a bit closer to the door just in case.

OK i know ones record is not what you can go by...... But Graves Co. is actually pretty good (not trying to scratch their back) but they have played some hard faught games .... Mayfield is the only one to really beat them..... last week they played christian co down to the wire and came back,they lossed their qb at the end of the 1st qt and there was two crazy bad calls at the end of the game that cost GC the game ... seen them on replay and from what you can see both calls were bad... with their qb in GC would had won that game by at least 2tds...THe playoff game against WC will be a very good game and close maybe.... besides the #1mayfield and #6madisonville game they have lost to 4 ranked opp. by only 5pts total.... i do agree that chriastian and warren need to be switched
ontopofthewest Wrote:OK i know ones record is not what you can go by...... But Graves Co. is actually pretty good (not trying to scratch their back) but they have played some hard faught games .... Mayfield is the only one to really beat them..... last week they played christian co down to the wire and came back,they lossed their qb at the end of the 1st qt and there was two crazy bad calls at the end of the game that cost GC the game ... seen them on replay and from what you can see both calls were bad... with their qb in GC would had won that game by at least 2tds...THe playoff game against WC will be a very good game and close maybe.... besides the #1mayfield and #6madisonville game they have lost to 4 ranked opp. by only 5pts total.... i do agree that chriastian and warren need to be switched

I had noticed the 4 games by 5-points the other night. My point was that if Christian Co is a top 4 or 5 5A school, then they should have beaten graves by a larger margin. Graves' 2-6 record is very misleading, but I would expect Warren Central to win by a much more significant margin, and our discussion was Christian Co vs Warren Central.
[
WilliamMunny Wrote:Looks like Bourbon County is not getting any respect in 3A.

What the heck I have a twin!!!

They will have to win a game or two in the playoffs for that to happen. Very soft schedule and loss to m'boro makes them hard to give respect to them IMO.
William Muney Wrote:What the heck I have a twin!!!

They will have to win a game or two in the playoffs for that to happen. Very soft schedule and loss to m'boro makes them hard to give respect to them IMO.

IMO,the other WM is "funny Munny". You're the real deal!!
They will have to win a game or two in the playoffs for that to happen. Very soft schedule and loss to m'boro makes them hard to give respect to them IMO.[/QUOTE]

Would have to disagree to the schedule but thats why we have Opinions.
So 1 loss creates a lack of respect? Really....disappoints me.
This is the AP polls too. So taking that into account, their rankings mean nothing.
sounds right in 3a until belfry can knock off lou-central
Pike Central has broke into the top ten.
Grid Iron Warrior Wrote:This is the AP polls too. So taking that into account, their rankings mean nothing.

:Thumbs:
How Russell is still #10 in 3A is a mystery......they lose to Lewis Co. for the first time in school history and won't even win their district, yet they stay @ #10.....bizarre...
Agreed,,, Bourbon should be in there.