Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Paintsville 10/21
Raceland easily.
Emmit Brown Wrote:I'm unsure. No one wants to see anyone lose their job. It is his fourth season and they have been far from competetive. The players are just not responding, it's tough to tell.

PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:After a nice chat with the Principal at the soccer game last week, and from what the players are telling me, this will probably be Kinner's last season as head coach. I may be wrong but it just seems to be the vibe around the program no one wants to say it but it is there.

As for this game anyone picking less than a five touchdown win is crazy. But Ill be there in my blue watching the program I love either way.

Go Tigers.
That's pretty unprofessional of Paintsville's principal to be openly discussing this at a PHS sporting event. I agree there does need to be change and agree there probably will be but that is just bad that a school official would publicly say something like this. Now that it has been said that Paintsville will probably be looking for a new coach, who are some possible people to fill the position?
dirtybird Wrote:That's pretty unprofessional of Paintsville's principal to be openly discussing this at a PHS sporting event. I agree there does need to be change and agree there probably will be but that is just bad that a school official would publicly say something like this. Now that it has been said that Paintsville will probably be looking for a new coach, who are some possible people to fill the position?

Forget to notice the statement of "No one is openly saying it"
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:After a nice chat with the Principal at the soccer game last week, and from what the players are telling me, this will probably be Kinner's last season as head coach. I may be wrong but it just seems to be the vibe around the program no one wants to say it but it is there.

As for this game anyone picking less than a five touchdown win is crazy. But Ill be there in my blue watching the program I love either way.

Go Tigers.
Good comment PT. Never ever give up on your team.
dirtybird Wrote:That's pretty unprofessional of Paintsville's principal to be openly discussing this at a PHS sporting event. I agree there does need to be change and agree there probably will be but that is just bad that a school official would publicly say something like this. Now that it has been said that Paintsville will probably be looking for a new coach, who are some possible people to fill the position?
From what PT said in his statement,there is a vibe. He never said the principle said anything about the coach not being rehired. PT only expressed what he took from talking to the priciple and the team and I agree with him on his statement.
Dragonsdad Wrote:From what PT said in his statement,there is a vibe. He never said the principle said anything about the coach not being rehired. PT only expressed what he took from talking to the priciple and the team and I agree with him on his statement.

PT said he had a "nice chat" with the principal and then went on to say that he probably won't be back. I was just simply stating that for him to even mention the principal in that post would indicate that he implied that is was highly unlikely that Jason would be back next year. Therefore if he made any indication of this I would say it was a bad move on the principal, that's all.
Raceland names the score in this running clock fiasco.
Do you know who said what or what was said by who? It appears to be supposiitional much like the assumption of unprofessionalism.
Raceland-42
Paintsville-7
Raceland 40-12.
Emmit Brown Wrote:How many chances should someone get before a change is made to try and salvage what is left and go another direction?

As many as they want when you are a Kinner/Brown.Confusedhh: At the current rate of kids coming out in 2012, Paintsville is ready to make a serious run at the 8-man title. Confusednicker: Honestly he should go and if the AD/Principal/Super leave him in there then they need to go as well. I wouldnt even think about bringing back Runyon to lead this team since he quit on them after his 1 season with a team full of seniors because he thought it may hurt his image if they had a down season. I wouldnt ask the baseball coach/ Voice of the Tigers either. Fall baseball and his radio gig may hurt his chances to do the job right. The Tigers need to get a young and talented coach for the long run. They did it back with Brugh when they let him take over for Wheeler and look how great that turned out.
dirtybird Wrote:PT said he had a "nice chat" with the principal and then went on to say that he probably won't be back. I was just simply stating that for him to even mention the principal in that post would indicate that he implied that is was highly unlikely that Jason would be back next year. Therefore if he made any indication of this I would say it was a bad move on the principal, that's all.

I agree he probably shouldn't have mentioned the principle.
I HIGHLY doubt the Principal said anything.

PTF was just giving his O.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Frank Dux Wrote:As many as they want when you are a Kinner/Brown.Confusedhh: At the current rate of kids coming out in 2012, Paintsville is ready to make a serious run at the 8-man title. Confusednicker: Honestly he should go and if the AD/Principal/Super leave him in there then they need to go as well. I wouldnt even think about bringing back Runyon to lead this team since he quit on them after his 1 season with a team full of seniors because he thought it may hurt his image if they had a down season. I wouldnt ask the baseball coach/ Voice of the Tigers either. Fall baseball and his radio gig may hurt his chances to do the job right. The Tigers need to get a young and talented coach for the long run. They did it back with Brugh when they let him take over for Wheeler and look how great that turned out.

Coach Lemaster. Nuff said right there.
OffTheHook Wrote:I HIGHLY doubt the Principal said anything.

PTF was just giving his O.

Just the vibe lol.
I check out BGR alot and I am always seeing PTF on the Paintsville sites. Has this person EVER played a sport of any kind or does he/she always have an opinion? I commend you on being a fan, but sometimes opinions need to be kept to yourself. If the principal did make any comment on the status of the coach, shame on him. If he is only giving his opinion, maybe he should take a little time and watch the wording of his statements.
frank dux Wrote:as many as they want when you are a kinner/brown.Confusedhh: At the current rate of kids coming out in 2012, paintsville is ready to make a serious run at the 8-man title. Confusednicker: Honestly he should go and if the ad/principal/super leave him in there then they need to go as well. I wouldnt even think about bringing back runyon to lead this team since he quit on them after his 1 season with a team full of seniors because he thought it may hurt his image if they had a down season. I wouldnt ask the baseball coach/ voice of the tigers either. Fall baseball and his radio gig may hurt his chances to do the job right. The tigers need to get a young and talented coach for the long run. They did it back with brugh when they let him take over for wheeler and look how great that turned out.
would say that kinner is a young coach who maybe took over the program a little to early in his career.
Next coach or current coach is going to have to put some pride & enthusiasm back into the program by getting players out and the community support. Believe runyon is a master motivator and could re-build the program to where brugh would be proud.
Raceland 58-6
doubledown Wrote:would say that kinner is a young coach who maybe took over the program a little to early in his career.
Next coach or current coach is going to have to put some pride & enthusiasm back into the program by getting players out and the community support. Believe runyon is a master motivator and could re-build the program to where brugh would be proud.
Didn't he already quit the Tigers after coaching one year? I don't believe Runyon is the right man to rebuild the Tigers. Here are just a few names to throw out there for potential coaches Paul Raines, Hager from SC, Joe Chirico, Reeves from JC, Chester McCoy, and possibly consider bringing back David LeMaster.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I check out BGR alot and I am always seeing PTF on the Paintsville sites. Has this person EVER played a sport of any kind or does he/she always have an opinion? I commend you on being a fan, but sometimes opinions need to be kept to yourself. If the principal did make any comment on the status of the coach, shame on him. If he is only giving his opinion, maybe he should take a little time and watch the wording of his statements.

I clearly said it was the vibe around the program. And it has been all year. The principal said nothing about the coach, I agree I shouldn't have mentioned that but to get on here and say this is absurd.

Go Tigers.

What part of that is difficult to understand Cooter?

The fact of the matter is that you haven't been around this site long enough to form any opinion of me. I have always supported Kinner, ask all of the other Paintsville fans on here about it. I truly like the guy but I also know that his job is in serious jeopardy. The schedule this year was built so that he could have a winning record we now are looking at quite possibly the worst season in 60 or 70 years. I mentioned the principal because of the pressure he is under from alot of people to get rid of Kinner. But he agreed with me that We both want Kinner to win, and that we both like the guy. He was not the person the vibe was coming from it was coming from the players who have been telling me since the Loss the BL that Kinner has given up on his career. I guess I should have worded what I meant better, but to assume that the principal would say something about the head coach's job is idiotic.
LClion4life Wrote:Raceland 58-6

Multiple injuries could lower the point spread! We have some key kids hurt. Not saying who. But we are a little beat up. Don't be surprised if the score is a little lower then what some expect.
Tiger fans I applaud you for hanging in on BGR. Most fans when they get to losing stay off of these sites. Shows the love of the game. Not just winning!
See you guys friday night. Plan on doing a little shopping with the wife at some little country store she heard about in Paintsville. Fun fun fun!! But she'll be happy and so will I as soon as I see the lights of the stadium over the city.
Also can't wait to see my son play. Getting better every game!
If the people in power at Paintsville decide to relieve Jason of his duties as head football coach, who would take the position? First of all there isn't anyone in the school system that could make the team any better than what Jason has them playing inluding BMR or Burr, they have both had their turn at the job. If a coaching change is made, who do you go after to fill the job?
Who would want the job?
White Feather Wrote:If the people in power at Paintsville decide to relieve Jason of his duties as head football coach, who would take the position? First of all there isn't anyone in the school system that could make the team any better than what Jason has them playing inluding BMR or Burr, they have both had their turn at the job. If a coaching change is made, who do you go after to fill the job?
Who would want the job?

Somebody who is up for a challenge...
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
White Feather Wrote:If the people in power at Paintsville decide to relieve Jason of his duties as head football coach, who would take the position? First of all there isn't anyone in the school system that could make the team any better than what Jason has them playing inluding BMR or Burr, they have both had their turn at the job. If a coaching change is made, who do you go after to fill the job?
Who would want the job?
The coach I believe still has his job. To discuss possible replacements ,is at best premature and for the most part counterproductive to the program. The Seniors have games to play. Then everyone can play. As to BMR and The Burr they have indeed had a shot and if their records are reviewed quite pleasant data will be encountered. As to new staff ,the system to be effective will need to spend some money and they do not appear to want that. Besides that, the new cafeteria needs Pizza.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Multiple injuries could lower the point spread! We have some key kids hurt. Not saying who. But we are a little beat up. Don't be surprised if the score is a little lower then what some expect.
Tiger fans I applaud you for hanging in on BGR. Most fans when they get to losing stay off of these sites. Shows the love of the game. Not just winning!
See you guys friday night. Plan on doing a little shopping with the wife at some little country store she heard about in Paintsville. Fun fun fun!!
But she'll be happy and so will I as soon as I see the lights of the stadium over the city.
Also can't wait to see my son play. Getting better every game!

"I am a Tiger and I will be until the day I die"

And don't let her take the credit card in, that place is a little bit steep lol.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:"I am a Tiger and I will be until the day I die"

And don't let her take the credit card in, that place is a little bit steep lol.

I doubt she will see it like that PTf. It will be more like. Ah look honey. Don't you love it. I'll be thinking one thing and sayin' another. Anything to get out of their and to the stadium. Whatever it takes!! lol
Thanks for the warning PTf.
Who would want the job?

This is the most boneheaded post I've ever read on a Paintsville football thread. Jason is not even in the ball park when it comes to coaching ability compared to burr lemaster. Burrs staff could blow that weak staff they have now out of the water. As for finding a replacement if they go that route, that shouldn't be a problem considering their are assistant coaches all over eastern ky that would love to have a chance to be a head coach. Coaches that have paid there dues and have worked for years to be a head coach and weren't handed a job after one season of coaching as well.
Superman20 Wrote:This is the most boneheaded post I've ever read on a Paintsville football thread. Jason is not even in the ball park when it comes to coaching ability compared to burr lemaster. Burrs staff could blow that weak staff they have now out of the water. As for finding a replacement if they go that route, that shouldn't be a problem considering their are assistant coaches all over eastern ky that would love to have a chance to be a head coach. Coaches that have paid there dues and have worked for years to be a head coach and weren't handed a job after one season of coaching as well.

I agree, I think the Tigers biggest mistake was "running" Burr off. I guess winning 8 or 9 games a year, hosting playoff games, and being competetive wasn't enough. I'm with you on finding a replacement. I think that someone who wants a chance to become a head coach would LOVE that position. Chirico would be a great hire, when I played, we all loved him. His passion and intensity was second to none...however, I just don't see that happening. That bridge was probably, and note I say probably because I cannot speak for Joe, burned when his best friend Jim Tom was let go after two season of 6 win football when he took over a team that was left with nothing. Those wins were attributed to coaching and scheme week in and week out. I wish Paintsville the best in whatever they choose to do at the end of the season, but I do know a once storied program rich in tradition and history doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the state in Class A.

Back to the game...
Raceland 56
Paintsville 6
IRISH4 Wrote:I agree, I think the Tigers biggest mistake was "running" Burr off. I guess winning 8 or 9 games a year, hosting playoff games, and being competetive wasn't enough. I'm with you on finding a replacement. I think that someone who wants a chance to become a head coach would LOVE that position. Chirico would be a great hire, when I played, we all loved him. His passion and intensity was second to none...however, I just don't see that happening. That bridge was probably, and note I say probably because I cannot speak for Joe, burned when his best friend Jim Tom was let go after two season of 6 win football when he took over a team that was left with nothing. Those wins were attributed to coaching and scheme week in and week out. I wish Paintsville the best in whatever they choose to do at the end of the season, but I do know a once storied program rich in tradition and history doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the state in Class A.

Back to the game...
Raceland 56
Paintsville 6

Hell I just want to see these boys have pride in being a tiger again. Whoever can bring that back will be fine by me.