Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Tournament Boy's Field
Boys:

Winners- Pikeville, Letcher Central, Paintsville, South Laurel

Runner-ups- Belfry, Perry County Central, Johsnon Central, North Laurel

Brackets and times should be set on Sunday afternoon.

Matches are played at South Laurel if I'm not mistaken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Boys:

Winners- Pikeville, Letcher Central, Paintsville, South Laurel

Runner-ups- Belfry, Perry County Central, Johsnon Central, North Laurel

Brackets and times should be set on Sunday afternoon.

Matches are played at South Laurel if I'm not mistaken.

Any Predictions?
The field is open . Will be a exciting tournament !
soccerlover Wrote:Any Predictions?

I don't predict come Tourney Time. You never know what may happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Well LCC beat South Laurel and Paintsville looks good also.
Mon 6:00 Letcher Central vs. Johnson Central
Mon 8:00 South Laurel vs. Belfry

Tues 6:00 Pikeville vs. North Laurel
Tues 8:00 Paintsville vs. Perry Central

Semis on Thurs. and Finals on Saturday
Looks like the talent is spread out ! Good Luck to all Mountain Teams:Thumbs:
I will say South Laurel & Paintsville in final with South winning. Going by the stats South has played alot harder teams than Paintsville.
mountain_music Wrote:Mon 6:00 Letcher Central vs. Johnson Central
Mon 8:00 South Laurel vs. Belfry

Tues 6:00 Pikeville vs. North Laurel
Tues 8:00 Paintsville vs. Perry Central

Semis on Thurs. and Finals on Saturday

I like the draw. BUT, I think the schedule is BULL! Why can't they go on M,T, W, TH? We are the ONLY Region, according to KHSAA, that is playing on Sat! How many schools are having their Home Coming that week end? I know IF, now that's a BIG if. Paintsville makes it to that game. They will miss their Home Coming! These kids spend LOTS of money for these things. And they even have the Finals game on Sat. at 4 pm! At least do it earlier if you are doing it on Sat.

IMO, this is crap. Everyone else has always done it on M, T, W, Th!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Got a couple friends on Paintsville's team. Good luck to the Tigers!
Go Tigers.
Last I heard it was Johnson Central 2 Letcher Central 0. That was in the 1st half.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
South laurel will win the region.
Jc 4 lcc 0
Paintsville and Perry was suspended in the first half last nigh with 14 mins left. They mad these two teams sit there until 11:30 pm the told them to come back tomorrow at 6 to finish it. They stalled the first game over a hour and a hlaf, because of lightning that was 50 miles away. Now the winner of tonights game will have made THREE straight trips to London, come Thursday! Oh yeah, The ACT test is being given Saturday at Paintsville as well. Talk about a F'd up week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Just being curious, I looked at last years regional tournament. I guess you have already forgotten that South Laurel & Corbin play in the championship game last year on a Saturday at 7pm at Johnson Central! I am sure that those fans & students didn't have anything else to do that day but drive to Paintsville.

But I forgot, the world revolves around Johnson County.
^Yes it does...LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Sorry, It has just been a rough week. To top it off. They postponed our game tonight to tomorrow. Now, IF we or Perry are lucky enough to make it to Sat. We would be the only teams to play THREE straight days without a days rest. If they think the field is unsafe. They should see the field weplayed on two years ago for the District Championship!

:hilarious: Now this was a Dangerous Field! :hilarious:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Well, at least the mountain teams get their rest. And hey when it comes to travel look at it this way. At least the one of the teams don't have to drive 3 hours to play! Last year Corbin and South played in the finals and Had to drive up there. The schools are about 30 minutes away. But this will be a fun tourney!
OffTheHook Wrote:Sorry, It has just been a rough week. To top it off. They postponed our game tonight to tomorrow. Now, IF we or Perry are lucky enough to make it to Sat. We would be the only teams to play THREE straight days without a days rest. If they think the field is unsafe. They should see the field weplayed on two years ago for the District Championship!

:hilarious: Now this was a Dangerous Field! :hilarious:

Sounds like someone is already making excuses for a loss. :lmao:
Ike Cooter Wrote:Sounds like someone is already making excuses for a loss. :lmao:

Hey Cooter...we won tonight 5-0. No excuses. Olay!

And the Tigers are going back for more tomorrow. Just keep playing hard TIGERS! You can do this! We believe!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Go Tigers !
Go Cards!
Go cards
Paintsville played a great game but S
Great job Cards. Paintsville played a great game. The refs were terrible and really took away from a great game. Hope to see paintsville next year.
I thought the officiating was fine. When are kids just gonna realize that you can't run your lip so much? I think Paintsville finally gained a little respect tonight. Tigers left everything on the field today. Even after playing three straight nights.
SL made pefect PKs tonight. Tim Howard couldn't stop those. Pefectly placed! Hats off to SL. Good Luck against Paul Lawrence Dunbar!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Paintsville played a good game! But the refs sucked! Example a player getting called offsides when he drove the ball down himself! Do I need to mention that after said player missed his shot a south player scored and then they made the call ?! And this doesn't reflect on paintsville, they played a great game. But that ref was terrible! The line refs were fine!
As for the kids running their lip. Yeah they shouldn't have let it get to them. But considering some of those boys never let anything get to them should be a reflection of the previous statement.
The line ref was the one that made that crazy call. But hats off to Paintsville and South Laurel that was a great region game and good luck to SL in state make region 16 proud.