Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament Field Set
I don't have the bracket, times, who plays who, etc, but here are the teams:

57th District: Johnson Central/Paintsville
58th District: South Floyd/Allen Central
59th District: East Ridge/Pikeville
60th District: Belfry/Pike Central

Depending on how the matchups play out, this could get VERY interesting.
INDEED:Thumbs:
Looks interesting! Good luck to all teams!
Got a sneek peek at of the brackets today from a friend....

Monday 6:30
Belfry vs. Pikeville

Monday 8:15
Johnson Central vs. Allen Central

Tuesday 6:30
South Floyd vs. Pike Central

Tuesday 8:15
East Ridge vs. Paintsville
GoReds Wrote:Got a sneek peek at of the brackets today from a friend....

Monday 6:30
Belfry vs. Pikeville

Monday 8:15
Johnson Central vs. Allen Central

Tuesday 6:30
South Floyd vs. Pike Central

Tuesday 8:15
East Ridge vs. Paintsville
South Floyd has a tough road out of their bracket, as does East Ridge. I can see a possible upset happening in that bracket, while the top bracket is tough as well. Thanks for posting, I had not had a chance to see it yet.
This looks like a pretty balanced bracket. Tough draw for JCHS though. Win your District and gets Allen Central off the bat...ouch. This one atually played out better for Paintsville. But, only very slightly..lol. This should be a fun tourney to watch. Good Luck Lady TIGERS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:This looks like a pretty balanced bracket. Tough draw for JCHS though. Win your District and gets Allen Central off the bat...ouch. This one atually played out better for Paintsville. But, only very slightly..lol. This should be a fun tourney to watch. Good Luck Lady TIGERS!
People keep overlooking or underestimating East Ridge, don't be surprised if the bottom bracket ends up being East Ridge vs South Floyd at all. Matter of fact, I'd be willing to go ahead and say that WILL be the semi-final game from that bracket. Top bracket is tough, I'd say Pikeville vs Allen Central will be the semi-final there.
PHSForever Wrote:People keep overlooking or underestimating East Ridge, don't be surprised if the bottom bracket ends up being East Ridge vs South Floyd at all. Matter of fact, I'd be willing to go ahead and say that WILL be the semi-final game from that bracket. Top bracket is tough, I'd say Pikeville vs Allen Central will be the semi-final there.

OH, I'm not overlooking ER at all. Notice that I said "very slightly". That is only cause IMO, AC is a better team. It wouldn't suprised me if it was Belfry and Paintsville at the end. This is gonna be a tough tourny!!!! Great one to watch! You never know what might happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:OH, I'm not overlooking ER at all. Notice that I said "very slightly". That is only cause IMO, AC is a better team. It wouldn't suprised me if it was Belfry and Paintsville at the end. This is gonna be a tough tourny!!!! Great one to watch! You never know what might happen.
To be honest, after looking back over these team's schedules this year, it seems like Johnson Central really has played the toughest schedule out of region to prepare themselves. That worries me quite a bit, but Pikeville has played a tough schedule as well (as have the other teams, except Pike Central, really). Pikeville gave Asland Paul Blazer all they could handle, for example. Blazer then lost to Letcher Central, whom Pikeville beat, and Letcher Central beat East Ridge. Honestly, if Pikeville is "on", they are going to be TOUGH to beat. But then again, there is so much talent in this region, who knows what happens on any given night?
It should be a great tourny. Johnson Central certainly played the toughest schedule out of their district. By looking at the KHSAA website, Paintsville only played 2 games out of region. The toughest being Russell out of the 16th. Paintsville has a great setter, but not strong otherwise. Should be some interesting matches. AC is always a tough team to play. South Floyd appears to be peaking at the right time. Belfry is a solid team. Pikeville is young but soild all around.
bigvolleyfan Wrote:It should be a great tourny. Johnson Central certainly played the toughest schedule out of their district. By looking at the KHSAA website, Paintsville only played 2 games out of region. The toughest being Russell out of the 16th. Paintsville has a great setter, but not strong otherwise. Should be some interesting matches. AC is always a tough team to play. South Floyd appears to be peaking at the right time. Belfry is a solid team. Pikeville is young but soild all around.
Agreed, it's an interesting year. Oh, by the way, for those of you coming to tonight's games at Pikeville, be advised that there will be a big junior high football game between Pikeville and Pike Central also. So you might want to arrive a little early for good parking at the high school, since we anticipate a fairly good sized crowd for the football game as well.