Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Wrong with Wrestling: Managers
You all have heard me on this soapbox before, but where are the Managers? Managers always added to the character with the flaws to get themselves over. As I watched Mason Ryan last night, all I could think of this guy is a Monster, too bad he has zero personality! That started it!

What could the serious manager like Precious Paul Ellering or JJ Dillon do for a guy like Riley! How about the sniveling Harvey Wippleman or the ADHD stricken Jimmy Hart do! Riley has all the features of what could be a great heel, but he can't talk. Thus, WWE has no choice but to make him a face. Faces don't have to talk, thus, he will be stuck in this role until he learns how to cut a promo - soooooo, put someone with him that can cut a promo!

The WWE has all of these guys working as agents such as JJ and Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase sitting in the back. These guys were great at cutting promo's, let them talk for him.

The only manager in wrestling today is Vickie Guerrero, and what does she have that all great managers have? HEAT! Yes, she is far from being talented, but she gets over in getting the fans to hate both her and anyone she is associated with. Even Edge would get booed out of arena's when he had her by his side.

Give me Managers. There are plenty of little guys that will never ever make it in this business, but can cut a promo! Send them to FCW and teach them how to manage and get their wrestler over!

Thoughts????
Don't forget Jim Cornette, Paul E. Dangerouslyand Sherri Martel. Great workersThose 3 in their prime would make WWE watchable
I wont say much because I will get into a rant but YES! WWE needs managers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Would Undertaker be Mr. Wrestlemania if it were not for his manager?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ At least not in the beginning with Paul Bearer and the urn coming into play!