Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for UK fans
Does Mitch Barnhart pull the trigger on Joker like he pulled the trigger on Billy Clyde????
Joker has atleast a year maybe two, I wish they would fire him today.
^ Joker should be fired now..
We hope so.
I hope so.
I cant wait for the day that i wake up and here on the radio that the joke has been fired.
As soon as that happens i will promise barnhart i will go buy my season tickets again.
Until then, i wont even watch em on tv.
Go offer urban meyer a nice load of money!!!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Does Mitch Barnhart pull the trigger on Joker like he pulled the trigger on Billy Clyde????

Well I think that if barnhart dont start outting more care into the football program he should be fired
Replace the coach ASAP
I would think that the Towles kid from Highlands is Kentucky's QB for the future, but everytime KY gets an excellent player it seems like he turns out to be "not so excellent". What does that tell you about the coaches?
king360 Wrote:Go offer urban meyer a nice load of money!!!

I think if they offered him enough money he would come, just because he might want to build a program like he did before he got the job at Florida. Meyer did a nice job at schools like Bowling Green and Utah.
If Mitch doesn't fire Joker then Mitch needs to be fired along with Joker. Mitch is a goober anyway. It wasn't his idea to go out and get Cal; it was Mike Pratt's idea. Barnfart has made two terrible hires in our biggest cash cows. I think it's time for him to step aside and let someone else run our athletics department.
^ I'm fine with firing Barnhart and letting the new AD come in with his own coach!
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm fine with firing Barnhart and letting the new AD come in with his own coach!
Me and you both. I don't really care about a winning rifle and diving team. Give me a winning football and basketball program and that's all I care about.
Fire Joker and Hire Mike Leach or Urban Meyer but I don't see Meyer coming. Barnhartt isn't worried about the Football program or he doesn't seem to be
Nobody excellent is coming through that door because of the salary. Either Joker or some other UK alum is the answer OR they get a bright up-and-comer, Urban Meyer, Lou Holtz, etc... are not coming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Urban Meyer would never come to Kentucky to coach. He will only associate with winning programs.
Firing Joker Phillips won't solve the real problem with UK football. It's hard to win in college football's most competitive and best conference if you're losing recruits to Louisville, Cincinnati, Indiana, Illinois, West Virginia, and Tennessee, especially in-state recruits.

Second, UK can have a wishlist of coaching candidates, but what makes UK think they can persuade coaches who've turned down offers to coach at Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida, and other top-tier football programs to come coach at UK? They need to find a coach that is or was winning at mid-tier programs like Sumlin from Houston, Callahan from Air Force, or as of today, Stoops from Arizona. Either way, they need someone from outside the program.

However, I think Phillips will turn out just fine. Every coach has a bad year sometimes, especially when they just took over a program recently.
just fire Mitch and get AD who will focus on the football program
toussaints Wrote:Firing Joker Phillips won't solve the real problem with UK football. It's hard to win in college football's most competitive and best conference if you're losing recruits to Louisville, Cincinnati, Indiana, Illinois, West Virginia, and Tennessee, especially in-state recruits.

Second, UK can have a wishlist of coaching candidates, but what makes UK think they can persuade coaches who've turned down offers to coach at Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida, and other top-tier football programs to come coach at UK? They need to find a coach that is or was winning at mid-tier programs like Sumlin from Houston, Callahan from Air Force, or as of today, Stoops from Arizona. Either way, they need someone from outside the program.

However, I think Phillips will turn out just fine. Every coach has a bad year sometimes, especially when they just took over a program recently.

Great post. I'm a realist and know that getting a top level coach to come to UK is out of the question, but to settle, and that is EXACTLY what they did with Joker is, well, a Joke! It's selling the program that gets recruits, and that means that you have to put a "Salesman" into the coaching box! Everyone knows that I disdain CAL, but the one thing that you cannot deny is that the man could sell Ice Water to Eskimo's. For the football program, I don't need Urban Meyer, because there is no chance of getting Urban Meyer. But find an individual with a dynamic personality, one who is excited and can LEAD! I don't care about his X's and O's (CAL has none of those traits), let the head coach fill his staff with the brains to put the plan together on the field. We can get those recruits to come to UK that we lose to the school you mentioned, but only from someone who can make those recruits believe that they would be part of something special! Right now, our head coach is so boring that if he didn't have the name Joker, I wouldn't even know his name!
toussaints Wrote:Firing Joker Phillips won't solve the real problem with UK football. It's hard to win in college football's most competitive and best conference if you're losing recruits to Louisville, Cincinnati, Indiana, Illinois, West Virginia, and Tennessee, especially in-state recruits.

But UK is in the SEC!!!! That should get a boatload of recruits to play vs Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, SCar, et al.

I know two former WVU coaches that are available right now. In fact, Rich Fraud had UK on his radar before Barnhart made Joker HCIW.
UK doesn't have any shot at getting Meyer. Terry Bowden would be a great fit at UK. UK needs a coach that has been a Head Coach before and who can evaluate talent. Bowden is the Head Coach at North Alabama and his team is 5-0. He is a WVU grad and from a famous football family. From what I hear on talk radio he's chomping at the bit to get back in the SEC. I think he even applied for the Vandy job last year. His career record is 136-59-2 and he is 47-17-1 in the SEC. He family has strong recruiting ties in FL and Alabama. I think Joker is a great guy but he got the UK job too soon, he needed to be a head coach at the 1aa leval before jumping into the SEC. Any AD that was really committed to building a strong football program would never turn the program over to a ROOKIE Coach!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:But UK is in the SEC!!!! That should get a boatload of recruits to play vs Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, SCar, et al.

and you're right, it should, but it's not. and the thing is, their losing recruits to teams like cincy and louisville. not just in-state guys, but even guys from florida, georgia, and louisiana are picking those 2 over UK
rustyankle Wrote:Well I think that if barnhart dont start outting more care into the football program he should be fired
Basketball school.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I think if they offered him enough money he would come, just because he might want to build a program like he did before he got the job at Florida. Meyer did a nice job at schools like Bowling Green and Utah.

UK would have to offer an elite school salary, upgrade the facilities, and put more money in the recruiting budget before any big name coach would even consider coaching here.

Logic isn't allowed in this conversation. Everytime I try to say that this is a down year and That joker is a decent coach I get made fun of lol. UK is not a good college football job The fans are terrible, the facilities suck, and the university does not care. Why would any coach want a part of that?
Absolutely and he shouldn't take too long to do so. Do it now and hire Mike Leach so he can start recruiting.
Mike Leach on another web site today said he would love to return to Lexington and if UK had an opening for head football coach he would be interested in discussing the job with them. Let's fire Joker now and go get Leach.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Logic isn't allowed in this conversation. Everytime I try to say that this is a down year and That joker is a decent coach I get made fun of lol. UK is not a good college football job The fans are terrible, the facilities suck, and the university does not care. Why would any coach want a part of that?
Man, I know you got more class then to call the UK football fans "terrible"! It cost a lot of money for a fan to attend a UK football game! UK is in the TOP 25 in the nation in attendance almost every year all the UK fans want is a decent team maybe a top 25 team in return. Joker may be a decent coach but the team he has put on the the field this year has looked like really bad. Lots of UK fans saw this season coming, it started last season when Joker named Hartline the starter. It was not that Hartline was a bad QB it was that he was a SR and could do nothing for UK's future. UK fans had heard Joker brag and rave about his two 4 Star QB's and how talented they were. We all remember it was a 3 way battle for the QB job last season. It was not hard for anyone to see that UK was losing 99% of its play makers and that the 2011 season was going to feature a GREEN QB, and complete SET of GREEN skill players. Newton had won some big SEC games. Hartline ends up throwing Joker under the bus for the bowl game! Joker doesn't give Moss a chance in the bowl game and now JOKER is left with just Newton and he can't get it done. If he dumps Hartline last season plays Newton and Moss he comes into this year with 2 QB's who have played! Joker has not even been smart enough to find another Wildcat QB to replace Cobb. How important was Cobb running the Wildcat to UK football??? That is just another example of how bad a coach Joker really is. Look at the product on the field! Do you really see them winning more that one more game??? :HitWall:
Bring in Tim Couch I say.
There's many facebook pages out there that say bring in Mike Leach or Mike Leach for KY Head Coach 2012 among others
Go after Mike Leach NOW, if not, then UK will continue to lose fans and they will see a decline in season ticket sales next year... Also, they will only have around 40,000 people in the seats for the upcoming game on October 22.... If it's great weather, then there may not be that many people in the seats because they will be at Keeneland...