Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County Cougars 89 - Elliott County Lions 78
Cougars win a wild one over Ellott County in Sandy Hook 89-78. Morgan County led 15-11 after one quarter and 41-27 at the half. Morgan held a 62-44 lead at the end of 3.

Morgan County:

Peyton - 27....... 8 of 12 from the field

Haney - 23.......10 rebounds

McCowan - 17 ......14 rebounds.....8 of 9 from the field

Adkins - 11

Williams - 5

Montgomery - 2

Young 2

Elliott County:

Ferguson - 24

Ethan Faulkner - 19

Weddington - 12

Evan Faulkner - 9

Lewis - 7

Morgan - 2

Maynard - 2

:wenumber1
Sounds like Morgan has it going again.
wow.. nice offense both teams.. congrats morgan co
The Cougars avenged their defeat by Elliott County tonight as they won a wild game in a very wild place to play. Congratulations to the Morgan County team and I hope you keep your winning ways.
Don't think Perry is pleased about Morgan giving up 51 points in the second half. The Cougars were in the state's Top 10 in defense until this game. He didn't sound a bit happy on his post game show.
"Batpuff" Wrote:Sounds like Morgan has it going again.

The Cougars have had 5 straight 20+ win seasons in a row.
Morgan wins and Perry is unhappy? Who cares about his defensive status. He beat a very good team on the road.
"Nike Man" Wrote:Morgan wins and Perry is unhappy? Who cares about his defensive status. He beat a very good team on the road.
When you are coaching...you have to look at all aspects of the game....defense wins games....could be the difference in who wins the region....he has every right to be concerned. This is why Matthew is a great coach and Morgan Co has been so successful.
Yes..perry wasn't pleased at all with his defense..BUT rebounding is what killed the cougars..they gave up numerous offensive rebounds..second chance points killed them..if you can maintain that stat, then the cougars would've rolled out with an easier win in sandy hook..
"Nike Man" Wrote:Morgan wins and Perry is unhappy? Who cares about his defensive status.

Morgan prides themselves on defense. They are in the states Top 10 leaders in defensive scoring. Who cares? Silly question.
"Gold Charger" Wrote:When you are coaching...you have to look at all aspects of the game....defense wins games....could be the difference in who wins the region....he has every right to be concerned. This is why Matthew is a great coach and Morgan Co has been so successful.

Gold.........Looks as if some will just never get it, huh? Explaining would just be a waste of time.

Morgan County allowed 78 points tonight, 51 in the second half, which is a lot more than the 50.3 points their defenes normally holds opponents to. Even though coach Perry is satisfied with the win, I'm sure he will go back to the drawing board and try to fix some things. This has been a great week for Morgan County. After beating Fairview and Elliott this week they have solidified themselves as the top team in the region.
Perry was really ripping his team for their lack of rebounding effort on his post game show. Wouldn't want to be a Cougar player in practice Monday after giving up 51 points in the second half.
If I were a basketball player and wanted to learn the game and how to win, I would certainly want to listen to what Matthew had to say about Morgan's relatively poor defensive effort and lack of offensive rebounding in Elliott County game. (Even if I were a Morgan County player)
No doubt you're braver than I am, zonedefense. Perry can foam at the mouth with the best of 'em....:bow:

[Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Cro...ewYell.jpg]
I`m glad Morgan won,but a rematch in the district is likely.I hope they pull that one off as well.
Congrats Morgan Co.
Might change my mind about wanting to show up for Perry's practice after Elliott County game! He does look mighty fearsome in that picture. Actually he resembles that man with the pitchfork and horns..........you know, the one who lives in that very hot climate.
yes..i feel sorry for his players too..but hey, if they would've got the job done rebounding..they wouldn't have to put up with hard upcoming practices..
Glad to have you aboard, amishpride......You need to help me get the word out about BlueGrassRivals to all the Cougar fans out there in Big Blue Land.

Perry tries each week to bring the best out of each of his players. Resting on your last victory without addressing the weak points of your performance would be a recipe for failure. The coaching staff at Morgan County are very good at analizing the game win or lose and finding the things that need to be worked on. ThIs is exactly why the
cougars have been able to accomplish 5 straight 20 win seasons.:mad:

No small feat for any school.:Thumbs:

Nice picture of Perry smiling!:BigLaugh:
Thanks yellowsnow, i will see to it, about gettin cougarfans on here..
"madcat23" Wrote:Perry tries each week to bring the best out of each of his players. Resting on your last victory without addressing the weak points of your performance would be a recipe for failure. The coaching staff at Morgan County are very good at analizing the game win or lose and finding the things that need to be worked on. ThIs is exactly why the
cougars have been able to accomplish 5 straight 20 win seasons.:mad:

No small feat for any school.:Thumbs:

Nice picture of Perry smiling!:BigLaugh:

you have to remember Perry made the decision to put McCowan on Weddington which brings his best rebounder out to the permiter. Sometimes you have give a little to ensure you'll come out to the good.
I know McCowan does the best he can, but I also know that they practice and preach going to the boards. Remember there are still two or possibly three other players that can go to the boards besides McCowan. If I were to pick two things that the Cougars really need to improve at it would be free throws and rebounding. Again I know the coaches go over these things over and over again in practice. so it comes down to apply what you learn in practice to the game.
I think that Morgan is just a more balanced team with a great coach, in my opinion the best coach in the region. I feel that Morgan, along with Boyd County and Fairview, is one of the teams to beat for the 16th region title. Elliott just has no real defense and does not have the size to matchup with the bigger teams.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Glad to have you aboard, amishpride......You need to help me get the word out about BlueGrassRivals to all the Cougar fans out there in Big Blue Land.

Yep, that's all Perry needs is more fans. His ego is the biggest of any coach I've ever seen. He has a cheerleader on every site I've read and no critics. He does no wrong and should be the coach of the year every year. lol..:lmao:
NIKE MAN, you need to be aware of Morgan County's statistics in basketball before Perry's era. The Cougar team was always overlooked by every other school because it deserved to be.
Perry has brought pride of accomplishment to the teams he has coached and to the fans as well. He teaches the fundamentals of basketball to his team as well as or better than as any coach, he uses each game as a learning experience, he instills the will to win, and above all else, he stresses TEAM WORK to his players. Morgan is a small school and could seldom hope for wins against larger schools. We have gone from this situation to making a trip to Rupp Arena to represent the 16th region two years ago. I do not know about his ego, but I do know about his accomplishments.
Before making a post, a person should carefully consider what he is saying and understand the situation he/she is addressing.
"zonedefense" Wrote:NIKE MAN, you need to be aware of Morgan County's statistics in basketball before Perry's era. The Cougar team was always overlooked by every other school because it deserved to be.
Perry has brought pride of accomplishment to the teams he has coached and to the fans as well. He teaches the fundamentals of basketball to his team as well as or better than as any coach, he uses each game as a learning experience, he instills the will to win, and above all else, he stresses TEAM WORK to his players. Morgan is a small school and could seldom hope for wins against larger schools. We have gone from this situation to making a trip to Rupp Arena to represent the 16th region two years ago. I do not know about his ego, but I do know about his accomplishments.
Before making a post, a person should carefully consider what he is saying and understand the situation he/she is addressing.
No problem, I like thefact you support your coach. Jut don't throw me excuses when they lose. Seems like he never gives credit to the team he loses to. It's always some statistic or foul ratio or something off the wall that some hollywood coach would say. He get his butt outcoached just like every other coach. Enough said. good luck in the district.
Nike Man.....You sound exactly like someone extremely jealous over Perry's accomplishments...either that or you're a coach who constantly is handed your jock whenever matched up against Perry and the Cougars. Which is it?

BTW......your whining is getting a bit obnoxious. Give it up boy.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Nike Man.....You sound exactly like someone extremely jealous over Perry's accomplishments...either that or you're a coach who constantly is handed your jock whenever matched up against Perry and the Cougars. Which is it?

BTW......your whining is getting a bit obnoxious. Give it up boy.
Just an observer, Sorry my whining is bothering you. I'll try to tone it down. :yesno: