Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Stewart Lampoons Tea Party Criticism Of Occupy Wall Street
Quote:Jon Stewart on Wednesday turned his attention to the ever-growing Occupy Wall Street protests, which he said have now caused the media to "move its coverage dial from blackout to circus."

Some are drawing parallels between the anti-Wall Street protests and the Tea Party -- a comparison the conservative organization loathes.

"So, rage against duly elected government is patriotic, quintessentially American," Stewart said. "Whereas rage against multinational shareholder-accountable corporations is anti-American, gotcha."

Sean Hannity recently said the Occupy Wall Street protesters "hate freedom," and Tea Party Patriots founder Mark Meckler said the protesters are breaking laws by wrongfully camping in a park and marching on the Brooklyn Bridge. Not tea party behavior, he said.

"Everything you described there, I believe, is a misdemeanor," Stewart said. "The actual tea party was a fucking felony! ... Did you know what the tea party actually was?"

Watch the video:

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...hp?ref=fpb

That video is funny stuff.
I just realized I put this in the General section by accident. Could a mod move it for me please?
^ Gotcha
I love this guy.
Why doesn't he lampoon Occupy Wall Street? It's hilarious! Oh yeah, I know why, because he's on the side of lazy turds who want something for nothing.
jetpilot Wrote:Why doesn't he lampoon Occupy Wall Street? It's hilarious! Oh yeah, I know why, because he's on the side of lazy turds who want something for nothing.
Dumbass, they are protesting against big business and Wall Street getting all the breaks, while middle America get's to pay the bill for them. All they want is for middle America to not foot their bill. To you conservatives, it was a good thing not footing the bailouts bill, until it was some liberals doing the protesting.
Stardust Wrote:^ Gotcha
Thank you. I knew a few of us advocating for you to keep your job as mod was a spot on good deal. :Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:Dumbass, they are protesting against big business and Wall Street getting all the breaks, while middle America get's to pay the bill for them. All they want is for middle America to not foot their bill. To you conservatives, it was a good thing not footing the bailouts bill, until it was some liberals doing the protesting.

You are the most ignorant person I have ever encountered.
jetpilot Wrote:You are the most ignorant person I have ever encountered.
Only a fool would believe that the occupy Wall Street movement is grass roots in nature. If people were protesting the sorry state of the economy, then there would be a large number of protesters opposed to Barack Obama. This is an Obama astroturfing job. It has SEIU's fingerprints all over it.
The useful idiots are doing the street level work for the unions and "others"
This is AstroTurfing at it best
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Only a fool would believe that the occupy Wall Street movement is grass roots in nature. If people were protesting the sorry state of the economy, then there would be a large number of protesters opposed to Barack Obama. This is an Obama astroturfing job. It has SEIU's fingerprints all over it.

Exactly.
TheRealVille Wrote:Dumbass, they are protesting against big business and Wall Street getting all the breaks, while middle America get's to pay the bill for them. All they want is for middle America to not foot their bill. To you conservatives, it was a good thing not footing the bailouts bill, until it was some liberals doing the protesting.

And you have the nerve to call someone else a dumbass???? Most of these kids dont even know what they are protesting about. In several of the "on the street interviews" that I watched, most didn't even have a clue as to why they were there or what they were protesting. If you had half a brain you would easily come to the conclusion that these are mostly kids from affluent families. There is no middle class involvment at all. It's this decades version of the "psychedelic", "down with the establishment" dopeheads that protested back in the '60's over anything. I see you've had more than your fair share of those magic mushrooms over the years yourself.