Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most likely MOUNTAIN teams to make it to Championship.
Lets do this as a contest.
2 pt for each team that makes it that you pick.
3 pts BONUS if they Actually win the Championship for there class.....

LAST day to post your preditions is October 23rd any preditions after that will not be eligible....
rockcastle has a legitimate shot at 4A, but probably wont win cuz of boyle, lex cath and highlands in there way. Bell county will win 3A. And i think thats about it. John Hardin and Bowling Green will ruin 5A Harlan County's chances of winning. Ask this post win the playoffs roll around, i can give you better choices lol.
Harlan Co. in has the best shot in 5A. Bell and Breathitt have good shots but bell would Bell would have to get past lou central. Rock and johnson central have a shot but the East in 4A is loaded with Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, and Boyle.
3A has to be the toughest decision for me. Lou Cent has alot of speed, but mountain teams bell, breathitt, and belfry have a great shot. i think 3A has the best shot.
Isn't Bell in the west and would have to go through Lou Central to get to state??

I think Belfry or Breathitt will make it, in fact it is pretty much a lock one of them will be playing Central in the championship.
1A-Hazard
2A-Prestonsburg
3A-Breathitt\Bell\Belfry
4A-Rockcastle County(Mountain School?); Ashland; Johnson Central
5A-Harlan County
6A-No school to choose from
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:1A-Hazard
2A-Prestonsburg
3A-Breathitt\Bell\Belfry
4A-Rockcastle County(Mountain School?); Ashland; Johnson Central
5A-Harlan County
6A-No school to choose from

I like your picks!
Hazard will be back in Class A to have their rematch with Mayfield. Hopefully Hazard wont give the game away in the first quarter this year. You cant fumble against Mayfield and win.
1A-Hazard
2A-No One (Newport Central Catholic)
3A-Belfry/Breathitt winner (Bell has outside shot against Central)
4A-No One (Lex. Catholic, Boyle, Highlands)
5A-Harlan Co.
Hazard, Harlan County, and the winner of Belfry/Breathitt in the Regional Finals have the best chances.

IMO, Bell is the best team in the Mountains, but Lou. Central is a very daunting task.
1a-hazard final but losing
2a-p'burg makes a run but is a game short of final
3a-belfry or breathitt from east and i think bell gets past central to make it a all mountain final
4a-rock has a shot since with only having to play 1 of the big boys
5a-harlan co final but losing
6a-none
1A Hazard
2A Prestonsburg
3A Breathitt Co or Belfry from the east, (Bell has a chance in the west)
4A No Shot for anyone
5A Harlan Co or Perry Central
6A Trinity in no close contest
If the pieces fall in place as many predict, Bell has to travel to Central and the winner of that game heads west. Winning at Central will be a tall order indeed.
1A - Hazard
2A - No one will come close to NCC
3A - East - Breathitt/Belfry Winner West - Bell Co.
4A - No one will come close to Highlands
5A - Harlan County and Perry County Central(Darkhorse)
6A - N/A
1A Hazard
3A Breathitt or Belfry, Bell Co
5A Harlan Co
1A - Hazard
3A - Belfry (hopefully!) from the east. Louisville Central from the west.
Hazard
Pburg
Breathitt
Harlan Co
Hazzard
p-burg- if they can get it together, no dis respect to hazzard, but p-burg has to win that game to be a contender, hope the pull it together
belfry- no one inthe east can play with them, bell? If they beat central they will have my respect, until then central is #1 and has all my respect
go rock!
Harlan
I Rule The World Wrote:1A-Hazard
2A-No One (Newport Central Catholic)
3A-Belfry/Breathitt winner (Bell has outside shot against Central)
4A-No One (Lex. Catholic, Boyle, Highlands)
5A-Harlan Co.

I agree! Not only would Bell have to get a win against Central the following week would have to get by a Paducah Tighman team just to make the Championship game. IMO if they make it there, they will win it. They have such a hard road just to make it.
Prestonsburg over Danville or Somerset. No way! one of those teams will have their hands full in the semi with NCC
P burg over Danville or Somerset! no way
I'd say in single A Hazard will walk to the state championship. I really do not believe there is any team in the east that can give them a really good game, probably play Fairview in the state semifinals but can they beat Mayfield or Beechwood, who knows after last year.

The 2A moutain region is loaded (though not all are mountain teams) with Pburg, Middlesboro, Somerset, Lexington Christian and Danville but whoever comes out of that region will have to go through Newport Central Catholic. I think playing those good of teams that many weeks in a row will wear them down.

I really think 3A state championship will be Bell County vs. Belfry/Breathitt winner. However, I think Lou. Central has shown the past couple years they are ahead of Belfry and Breathitt right now. I think whoever wins out of Bell and Central will be your 3A champ.

4A... I've got one word, sorry to break your hearts... HIGHLANDS.

5A you have to go through Bowling Green who does not have a good track record in the state championship so Harlan County could very well win 5A though I think it will be a tough game.
1a hazard but with mayfield there it would be tough
2a i think that if Somerset gets it together they can be tough
3a i like the pirates but u got breathitt an pike co central don't over look the hawks
4a maybe rock, central but the bluebird stand in the way..
5a Harlan has the best chance to win i think their a tough team
6a Trinity nobody is even on the same level.

if this central team is anything like they where last year bell co is in trouble an so is every body else.
MADJACK75 Wrote:Hazzard
p-burg- if they can get it together, no dis respect to hazzard, but p-burg has to win that game to be a contender, hope the pull it together
belfry- no one inthe east can play with them, bell? If they beat central they will have my respect, until then central is #1 and has all my respect
go rock!
Harlan

I can respect you saying that Belfry would beat any team in the East, but to say that no one can play with Belfry in the East, Come On Man!!!!!