Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top up and coming QB's?
Any backups that can make some noise?
You mean backups or underclassmen that start
The freshmen QB Ryan Jenkins from Magoffin has the potential to be one of the top in the state. He's a dual threat QB, he's already throwing 65 yards accurately and still has a lot of room for improvement in that area and he also has the speed and power to run the ball just as good as a running back. If he works hard and sticks with it he's gonna be very exciting to watch in the future.
[quote=TRUESTATECHAMP]Any backups that can make some noise?[/QUO

Lexington Catholic has a freshman (Reese Ryan) that is the backup QB to Kyle Bolin. He is 12-16 in passsing so far this year in varsity games and has helped lead Catholic's freshman and JV team to undefeated seasons so far.
Obviously since Kyle Bolin is just a Junior this year means that Reese will have to wait til he's a Junior before he can take over the reins.
Estill's Freshmen QB (Varsity QB) is a good one. Kid can really launch the ball and he's good with his legs too
Caldwell County has a Freshman QB named Elijah Sindelar. He is 6'4, 230, and threw for 559 yards and 6 TDs his 1st varsity game. He has constantly been in the 200-300 yard range most every other game. He does still make some freshman mistakes, but he is a gunslinger that manages the game and has the respect of his teammates and area coaches. Ohio County also has freshman QB that is more of a dual-threat quarterback. I can not remember his name,but he is 5'10, 155 or so and blazing fast. Those are the best 2 that I have seen.

Reporting from the western part of God's Bluegrass, this your friendly neighborhood DreamKiller.
Junior Donovan McCoy for Highlands is really really good and is easily a top 10 QB right now even though he's only taken a couple of snaps. He will be the starter next year. Remember his name!

The freshman lefthander from Mason County looked pretty good as well.
Whitley has a Freshman QB starting. Austin Ysidro, son of long time Whitley assistant coach and now principal Al Ysidro, will be great in a couple more years.
I expect him to be scary good in this flex bone/option offense Whitley run with a couple more years of practice.
If Whitley can keep a good backfield centered around him, than Whitley could make a run at state within 2 year as they lose virtualy nobody.
Ethan Horton, Leslie County Junior.
Last year, I would have said Cole Ousley from Lone Oak. Great stats and just a frosh. But Lone Oak is a team that pads its stats against shamefully weaker teams. Don't hear his name mentioned nearly as much this year.
Franklin County has Logan Woodside, this is his first year as QB, he has already had invites to U.K. and Ohio state games. Watch for him...
Bell Co has a 8th grader this year that could play on alot of high school teams. People are really excited to see what he can do in years to come at Bell.
:biglmao::biglmao:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co has a 8th grader this year that could play on alot of high school teams. People are really excited to see what he can do in years to come at Bell.
MCHSHornets#5 Wrote:The freshmen QB Ryan Jenkins from Magoffin has the potential to be one of the top in the state. He's a dual threat QB, he's already throwing 65 yards accurately and still has a lot of room for improvement in that area and he also has the speed and power to run the ball just as good as a running back. If he works hard and sticks with it he's gonna be very exciting to watch in the future.
What jersey number does he wear so we can look for him?
NCC41 Wrote:Junior Donovan McCoy for Highlands is really really good and is easily a top 10 QB right now even though he's only taken a couple of snaps. He will be the starter next year. Remember his name!

The freshman lefthander from Mason County looked pretty good as well.

I would not be to sure of that. I heard from a reliable source that he may be moved to another position and the Soph. QB may be the starter. McCoy is very athletic and can play many positions and Houliston would have a tougher time moving positions. Remember that Coach likes to get as many athletes on the field as posible, so good chance we see McCoy at another position to allow Houliston to play QB.
SOPH Sani Warren of Belfry.

Haywood is sneaking him snaps as a "change of pace QB" and in the First Half against over-matched opponents to run the 2 minute drill. This kid is going to be very,very special once he takes over the reigns next season. Super athletic, great arm, and good accuracy. Once he improves is footwork running the veer and his ability to read the play he will bring a weapon to Belfry's vaunted option attack that they haven't seen in a while.

I am not one to laud praise on an unproven commodity, but if Warren continues to improve and live up to his potential I could see him being recruited by FCS schools and maybe even the service academies as the man to run their wishbone offenses.
Dalton Sizemore (soph) Williamsburg High
National Underclassman Regional Combine @ Indianapolis ranked him 5th qb in
in the 10 state region for the sophomore class, was invited to University
of Oklahoma for the top 15 prospect camp but could not attend. Dalton
was the strongest qb in the sophomore class through out all the NCU-
combines across the country, was clocked @ 4.7 forty in the Lexington
combine all this information is on the NUC website. Became the starting
qb in the 4th game of the season, in the 3 games as a starter
734 yards passing (7td's) 340 yards rushing (3 td's) 3 int's
Zane Blair for Letcher Central will be a really good QB this year when he gets cleared to play. He ruptured his spleen during the first scrimmage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:SOPH Sani Warren of Belfry.

Haywood is sneaking him snaps as a "change of pace QB" and in the First Half against over-matched opponents to run the 2 minute drill. This kid is going to be very,very special once he takes over the reigns next season. Super athletic, great arm, and good accuracy. Once he improves is footwork running the veer and his ability to read the play he will bring a weapon to Belfry's vaunted option attack that they haven't seen in a while.

I am not one to laud praise on an unproven commodity, but if Warren continues to improve and live up to his potential I could see him being recruited by FCS schools and maybe even the service academies as the man to run their wishbone offenses.

you beat me to him,lol
Buc-a-roo Wrote:What jersey number does he wear so we can look for him?
# 9.. you gonna be at the jackson and magoffin game tomorrow?
No i won't be there, but I will watch for him on Sports Overtime anytime they have highlights. Plus maybe I will get a chance to see them play at some point this season.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:What jersey number does he wear so we can look for him?

He wears #9