Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Football
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:They do need to get Joe Chirico back. I think they did a good job hiring Pete Diablo as their lineman coach. Paintsville needs to get someone in there who can help the Daniels kid develop his skills at QB.

It's Diabo. Anyone that bleeds true blue should at least know the last name of their line coach. Diablo sounds like a biker gang.
Bob Seger Wrote:I will even go as far as saying minus Sublett, the Reynolds brothers, Ward, Blevins, Doderer, Cummins, and Davis may have cost JC a state title in '06. When Blake Johnson went down they sure could have used the services of a couple of those guys. Can you imagine how potent the JC attack and defense would have been with what they already had added to the mix?

Bob Seger Wrote:Just the ones that you mentioned is a pretty dominating statement to begin with and reinforces my post.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I think you can add the two Reynolds brothers and Simon Davis to the roster.

Also Hans Doderer played elementary football at Oil Springs first as did his brother Nehemiah at Central Elementary.

That's at a minimum, the entire Paintsville backfield minus Pugh, and two/thirds of the linebacking corps.

The Reynolds brothers?.. Cody played mop-up minutes in 05' when they had big leads and let the younger guys play, and Brett wasn't even in high school yet. Simon didn't play on the 05' team to my knowledge, I think he transferred back to JC or quit school. As for Hans, Wes, Blevins, and Cummings, Chuke Williams and Mike Copley developed those boys, who's to say they would have been as good without those two coaching them, especially Copley's strength program (which is damn good, any team would be lucky to have him in charge of the weight lifting).
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:The Reynolds brothers?.. Cody played mop-up minutes in 05' when they had big leads and let the younger guys play, and Brett wasn't even in high school yet. Simon didn't play on the 05' team to my knowledge, I think he transferred back to JC or quit school. As for Hans, Wes, Blevins, and Cummings, Chuke Williams and Mike Copley developed those boys, who's to say they would have been as good without those two coaching them, especially Copley's strength program (which is damn good, any team would be lucky to have him in charge of the weight lifting).

I said add to the roster. Anyways, at a minimum, that's 5 out of 11 starters, and as I mentioned the makeup of the entire backfield, minus Pugh. That's pretty dang close to 50%, isn't it? I believe they all went both ways too, if I'm not mistaken. And I'm pretty sure Simon played too. That would have made it the '06 graduating year wouldn't it? If so, that puts it right around 60%. Am I figuring it wrong somewhere?

As for the rest of your comment. Do what??? Not really understanding what you're getting at and not understanding the correlation to the discussion matter.

By the way, who is too say they would not have been even better under Matney, and his weight program? If you talk to some of the families of the kids mentioned they sure do wish they had stayed with Matney, but it was too late. Transfering back meant sitting out a year. By the way, the Copley way, didn't seem to work out real well at Pikeville or at Greenup Co. either one, best I recall.

Was Chuke there in '05? Trying to remember what year Bill Mike run him off?
Bob Seger Wrote:I said add to the roster. Anyways, at a minimum, that's 5 out of 11 starters, and as I mentioned the makeup of the entire backfield, minus Pugh. That's pretty dang close to 50%, isn't it? I believe they all went both ways too, if I'm not mistaken. And I'm pretty sure Simon played too. That would have made it the '06 graduating year wouldn't it? If so, that puts it right around 60%. Am I figuring it wrong somewhere?

As for the rest of your comment. Do what??? Not really understanding what you're getting at and not understanding the correlation to the discussion matter.

By the way, who is too say they would not have been even better under Matney, and his weight program? If you talk to some of the families of the kids mentioned they sure do wish they had stayed with Matney, but it was too late. Transfering back meant sitting out a year. By the way, the Copley way, didn't seem to work out real well at Pikeville or at Greenup Co. either one, best I recall.
Was Chuke there in '05? Trying to remember what year Bill Mike run him off?

He was a good assistant.