Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Members Rankings For The Week Of 10/3
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would be curious to hear your reasoning. Not saying you are wrong.

Bell I can buy.. they defeated the best 6A team in Lex and went toe to toe with a very good LexCath team. IMO, Bell's track record makes them the clear #2 team in 3A

Breathitt, OTOH,.. hangs their hats on two home wins: 2A Somerset who is 3-3 with a struggling offense and just lost to a mediocre Whitley County... and a one point win in a tossup game against 1A Hazard.

Belfry's schedule hasn't proven to be world beaters by any means, but Belfry has been dominant thusfar in dispatching of it. Henry Clay may be 2-4, but they are the best non-district team either squad has played and Belfry dominated them on the road. Pburg was playing their best ball of the season when Belfry went to their homefield and beat them by 3 TD's. Pikeville isn't as good as Hazard, but they are the 2nd best 1A team in the East and Belfry dismantled them. Breathitt has played 6/7 games in the firendly confines of Jackson.. Belfry has played half of their games on the road and been unphased.

Ashland, on paper, appears to be the best team either Belfry or Breathitt has seen. If Ashland lays the wood to Belfry then Breathitt will have argument to move up, but if Belfry plays the Tomcats close or even beats them it will still be a judgment call as to who deserves the higher spot.

I agree with everything you've said, and my reasoning is that the Belfry schedule has been very weak. They have taken care of business appropriately, but Breathitt has shown that they can play with, and beat, the better teams. I just feel that Breathitt is tested....even if it has been at home. I guess what I'm saying is that I assume Belfry is good, but in all reality, it just takes a pretty good team to put up the wins over the teams they've played. I know Breathitt is really good and they've beaten some teams that could have easily done what Belfry has done this far. The Ashland game is the key for me.
2A is very weak this season outside of top 3 or 4 teams.

NewCath may be the only team who can hang with just about any one in the state. I pondered whether or not I should leave Prestonsburg & Somerset in the top 10 and come to realize actually how weak this class is this season and couldn't put someone like Butler County or Owen County in there over either of them because I don't think they could hang with either Pburg or Somerset for 4 quarters.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:2A is very weak this season outside of top 3 or 4 teams.

NewCath may be the only team who can hang with just about any one in the state. I pondered whether or not I should leave Prestonsburg & Somerset in the top 10 and come to realize actually how weak this class is this season and couldn't put someone like Butler County or Owen County in there over either of them because I don't think they could hang with either Pburg or Somerset for 4 quarters.

i think Owen could handle Pburg maybe not somerset but i think owen county could beat the blackcats
rebel 4 life Wrote:i think Owen could handle Pburg maybe not somerset but i think owen county could beat the blackcats

I disagree...a healthy Pburg pounds Owen County with reckless abandon.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I disagree...a healthy Pburg pounds Owen County with reckless abandon.

key word being healthy and from what i hear they are not
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would be curious to hear your reasoning. Not saying you are wrong.

Bell I can buy.. they defeated the best 6A team in Lex and went toe to toe with a very good LexCath team. IMO, Bell's track record makes them the clear #2 team in 3A

Breathitt, OTOH,.. hangs their hats on two home wins: 2A Somerset who is 3-3 with a struggling offense and just lost to a mediocre Whitley County... and a one point win in a tossup game against 1A Hazard.

Belfry's schedule hasn't proven to be world beaters by any means, but Belfry has been dominant thusfar in dispatching of it. Henry Clay may be 2-4, but they are the best non-district team either squad has played and Belfry dominated them on the road. Pburg was playing their best ball of the season when Belfry went to their homefield and beat them by 3 TD's. Pikeville isn't as good as Hazard, but they are the 2nd best 1A team in the East and Belfry dismantled them. Breathitt has played 6/7 games in the firendly confines of Jackson.. Belfry has played half of their games on the road and been unphased.

Ashland, on paper, appears to be the best team either Belfry or Breathitt has seen. If Ashland lays the wood to Belfry then Breathitt will have argument to move up, but if Belfry plays the Tomcats close or even beats them it will still be a judgment call as to who deserves the higher spot.

Not that it really matters but Somerset shut out Hazard @ Hazard 14-0 not a one point toss up game.