Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Rivalries in KY?
footballfanatic18 Wrote:and soon to be the morgan co. breathit co. renewed rivalry

Renewed rivarly? I respect the Morgan County football program but I can't remember when the Cougars played within 50 points of the Bobcats. Morgan is having success this year but they are no where close to being in the same league as Breathitt. I predict Morgan finishing the season 8-2 but it will be a beat down when the Cougars come to Jackson.
Stardust Wrote:Dayton vs. Bellevue in the oldest rivalry in the state

Male - Manuel has always been touted as the oldest I have been told
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Really? Since when?

as long as i can remember the two have hated each other
The Harlan/Pineville rivalry is into it's 93rd year and going strong. Harlan has owned the rivalry as of late and probably the over all lead. I'm not sure what the tally on wins is for each team. I always assumed it was the oldest mountain rivalry. That may not be true. Who is?
Ashland/Russell is probably the biggest rivalry in NE KY in just about any sport.
rockcastle-bell. have had a great rivlary. dont know why they werent scheduled to play each other this year.
Perry County Central and Hazard - Best Rivalry in the State IMO.

Not many other rivalries have to be severed like this one has because of the level of intensity!

Maybe one day these kids can calmer down a notch or 3 and get these Schools clashing again!
Belfry doesn't have rivalries with most of these teams that you are listing.
Mostly the biggest 2 rivalries we have are Pike Central and Sheldon Clark, thats about it.
pikeville and belfry i know has been a rivalry since 1980s

boyle and danville.
JC and paintsville.

maybe belfry and pikecentral and sheldon clark. they are equal as of last year but idunnnnnnnooooooooooooo
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern. Two high schools in the same Pulaski School System. They have played each other since the creation of Southwestern in 1993. Southwestern leads 10-9. No team has won more than 4 in a row over the other, (PC currently owns a 4 year win streak), and the last two games have been for the district championship. Kids in Pulaski County grow up dreaming about playing in this game. It means more than any playoff, or bowl game. People come to this game that won't come to any other game all season. October 21st. Can't wait.
Since Lexington Catholic has only had football since 1992 ( I think), I would think Boyle Co. would be our biggest rivalry.
Perry - Hazard
Trinity - X
Danville - Boyle
Belfry - Pikeville
Bell - Middlesboro
Bell - Rock
Boyle - Highlands
Ryle - Simon Kenton
Christian Co - Hopkinsville
Mayfield - Paducah Tilghman
Ashland - Boyd Co
Ashland - Russell
Breathitt - Lawrence
Hazard - Pikeville
Perry - Letcher
Boyle - Lex Cath
Montgomery Co - GRC
Male - Manual
Belfry - Pburg
Johnson Central - Paintsville
Fleming-Neon - Whitesburg (old)
Cawood - Cumberland (old)
Evarts - Cawood (old)
Bell - Corbin (old)
North Laurel - South Laurel
Williamsburg - Jellico
Highlands - Cov Cath
Powell - Estill
Leslie - Clay (old)
All 3 Pulaski Co. schools
Harlan Co - Letcher

Some are old rivalries not played anymore, some are budding, some are schools that do not even exist anymore. I think it's a decent list of some good rivalries.