Walton-Verona away 27 - 6 (W)
heres the games they have played
-------------------------------------------------------------

heres the games they have left

Oct 7, 11 Trimble County home 7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11 Carroll County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 Gallatin County away 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Ludlow home 7:30 PM
That may be the weakest schedule I've ever seen.
Toughest team left is carroll
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That may be the weakest schedule I've ever seen.

Not even close. Lloyd, Bellevue and Walton are all respectable teams. This is exactly the kind of schedule Owen should be playing as an up and coming program. They should finish the season undefeated fairly easily. Not sure about a deep run in the playoffs, but as a #1 they might have a couple of winnable games.
thank u .....can u dig it?:rockon:
this is obviously not a schedule Owen should be playing.
They should go undefeated. Good schedule. In the past the coach has scheduled over his head.
I think Owen will finish the year 12-1. I do not see them beating NCC in the Regional Final.
Good year for Owen so far.
will owen go 10-0? yes

will it be a surprise if they don't? with their schedule, yes
Very good chance. They are a good bunch. :Thumbs:
11-1 at best will have to play winner of NCC and Holy Cross regular seaon in the second round of playoffs.
^ So, can they go 10-0???? Not "can they go 11-1" and get beat in the 2nd round of the playoffs!
Hardcor3219 Wrote:this is obviously not a schedule Owen should be playing.

So who should they be playing? If I remember correctly it wasn't that long ago that BAD teams were beating Owen. I think they've got some pretty impressive players. And not a bad coach. I'm not saying they are going to compete with NCC, but who can in 2A?

Congrats to Owen County and Coach Fowler! Enjoy a great season!

And yea - I think they could go 10-0. And who cares how far they go in the playoffs? How long has it been since Owen Co could be this proud of their program? Something must be going right up there... I think they are capable of giving anybody a good game and any playoff team who just discards them could be in trouble...
Lets make it clear since you dont want any other input yes they can go 10-0, but so can everyone else that doesn't have a lose. It may help their program, but I think it comes down to the realignment. The teams in their district isn't as strong as the old district they were in. This could be the begining of alot more winning seasons, next step making a push in the playoffs. Now that I have said that they could surprise some people in the playoffs this year! :beerwez::yesno:
Weak schedule, but its a building process.
I cant blame them for wanting wins.
definitely should go 10-0 without much problem
Carroll has about 1 in 5 odds to upset Owen but other than that the Rebels should roll
Schedule is very weak, so I will say they will make it 10-0 except for maybe Carrol Co.. I doubt they will make it very far in the playoffs.
If they lose a game they should fire every person in the County of Owen, including the guy driving the trash truck.

The schedule is WEAK!
The schedule is weak but for a program that has had trouble putting together wins in the past few seasons, it is probably for the best. Schedule a season with some easy wins, get the team used to having that winning feeling and get their confidence up, then gradually work into a tougher schedule. It is a building process. Once the team has gotten used to winning these games they will eventuallyu be able to compete with tougher opponents.
Some of you people are absolutely ridiculous!!! You are acting like Owen Co is a perennial power? Owen Co has never been successful in football. Why are they supposed to go out and schedule teams that will beat them 42-0? I dont understand this? They play almost every one of their surrounding counties schools(which are very equal in size and talent), they scheduled up with Grant, Western Hills and Bourbon Co(a team that is putting up huge numbers on other opponents). What seems to be the problem?

Sure they are not playing the likes of DeSales and CAL as in previous years, but that is due to their district change. Owen Co is beating teams this year that have always beat them in the past!!! When they were losing to these teams, I didnt see some of you people on here crying about how weak their schedule was?

Coach Fowler has done an excellent job at Owen Co. He has committed 4-5 years so far in a place that most wouldnt have stayed, he caught a nice break when the districts re-aligned, he created a favorable but respectable schedule(for what Owen Co football has been in the past) and now the Rebels are successful!!!
QBCoach Wrote:If they lose a game they should fire every person in the County of Owen, including the guy driving the trash truck.

The schedule is WEAK!

Why such jealousy and hatred? BS stands for one thing, but it could stand for another?
Very Weak Schedule......
Agree with most of the everyone here..
Very weak schedule..
Owen may have what most of you consider a weak schedule, but part of that is due to the district they are in. They have no control over that aspect of who they play. I agree with Hefty Lefty............all these other teams that were beating Owen the past couple years have had the tides reversed and now Owen is beating them. You can't blame a coach for scheduling teams that he feels his team can compete with and beat. No reason to schedule teams that are going to beat you 42-0 resulting in a team with no confidence. With winning comes confidence. With that being said........Owen goes 10-0 entering the playoffs. Toughest test remaining will be rival Carroll County.
QBCoach Wrote:If they lose a game they should fire every person in the County of Owen, including the guy driving the trash truck.

The schedule is WEAK!

is there a lot of fireing taking place in frankfort
Could they go undefeated? My prediction?....Yes, if they do not lose any games the rest of the season...:Thumbs:

Sincerely,

Capt. Obvious