Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anwar al-Awlaki killed in U.S. drone strike
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/30/wit...ern-voice/

This is a HUGE deal. We have finally killed this guy. He was a top Al-Qaeda leader, and the leader of AQAP (Al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula, mainly Yemen), which is Al-Qaeda's strongest arm by far. This is where most of the plots against any country, including where the idea for 9/11 was hatched, especially the U.S., come from. This is a huge blow to AQAP and Al-Qaeda as a whole. We are one by one destroying these shit-stains, and no one is there to replace them. We also killed one of AQ's TOP bomb-makers, which is a pretty big deal in itself.

I for one am very, very proud and happy that this has happened. I've deployed directly in support of operations against Al-Qaeda in Yemen, and they know how to fight, and they killed a few people I knew, but I also lost my best friend and best dude I've ever known to one of those pieces of shit's lucky shots.

This is a good day people. :1::Thumbs:Confusedinglepar
This is great news. I am glad that liberal Democrats are not protesting President Obama's policy of killing terrorists without the benefit of legal representation or trials. (I am not being sarcastic, I fully support the current policy and practice.) I hope that they extend the same courtesy to our next president. It is hard to believe that the closure of Gitmo was actually a campaign issue a few short years ago.
This is great to hear. It's not going to stop their actions, but it sure is getting the cockroaches to scatter!
I don't know how many of these terrorists are left but I hope we get every one of them! I keep hearing the liberals moaning because the terrorists have not been charged, and have not recieved due proccess. My position is, the US Military is fully capable of figuring out who the bad guys are and they should be left alone to do their job. :flame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I don't know how many of these terrorists are left but I hope we get every one of them! I keep hearing the liberals moaning because the terrorists have not been charged, and have not recieved due proccess. My position is, the US Military is fully capable of figuring out who the bad guys are and they should be left alone to do their job. :flame:
I would like to see some references of liberals moaning about the terrorists not getting due process, if you don't mind. Other than that, I'm with you in this post. The military knows who the bad guys are, and I fully support taking them out as they see fit.
Screw a trial, lol. If they are bad, and we know they are bad, they are going to die eventually, and we're the ones that always make that happen.

A trial is for someone who could possibly be innocent. Not confirmed terrorists. This guy teased and laughed at us for not being able to catch him. Who's laughing now, bitch?
This is great news. I am glad that liberal Democrats are not protesting President Obama's policy of killing terrorists without the benefit of legal representation or trials. (I am not being sarcastic, I fully support the current policy and practice.) I hope that they extend the same courtesy to our next president. It is hard to believe that the closure of Gitmo was actually a campaign issue a few short years ago.

hoot are you sick or just fell down and hit your HEAD

you do know you are agreeing with some of obama's policy
TheRealVille Wrote:I would like to see some references of liberals moaning about the terrorists not getting due process, if you don't mind. Other than that, I'm with you in this post. The military knows who the bad guys are, and I fully support taking them out as they see fit.

I just got through listening to Bob Beckel go on about it last night on "The Five". I haven't heard anyone associated with the Obama Administration indicate it was wrong except for the notable exceptlion of US Attorney General Eric Holder. Alias 'Lost Ball in High Weeds in gereral'

Article Excerpt---

Obama Was Right to Kill Awlaki

Richard Miniter calls the killing a “victory for America and for common sense.” Against those who argue that killing Awlaki was a violation of the Fifth Amendment, President Obama decided that Awlaki was a leader in an organization at war with the United States and that there was no viable alternative to killing him. This view went against the opinion of Attorney General Eric Holder, who argued that Congress authorized war in Afghanistan, not Yemen, so the “battlefield exception” does not apply. Obama’s decision was the right one, says Miniter, and it ended “the grip of the pernicious legal view that would have made the Constitution a suicide pact.”

End of Excerpt---

Article LINK--- http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...nd-up.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=vundy33]Screw a trial, lol. If they are bad, and we know they are bad, they are going to die eventually, and we're the ones that always make that happen.

A trial is for someone who could possibly be innocent. Not confirmed terrorists. This guy teased and laughed at us for not being able to catch him. Who's laughing now, bitch?[/QUOTE]

Amen, maybe you could explain that to Eric Holder:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:This is great news. I am glad that liberal Democrats are not protesting President Obama's policy of killing terrorists without the benefit of legal representation or trials. (I am not being sarcastic, I fully support the current policy and practice.) I hope that they extend the same courtesy to our next president. It is hard to believe that the closure of Gitmo was actually a campaign issue a few short years ago.

hoot are you sick or just fell down and hit your HEAD

you do know you are agreeing with some of obama's policy
I only criticize Obama's actions when I believe that they are wrong, which admittedly is most of the time. However, I have praised him for essentially following Bush's strategy in the war on terror, despite his promises to do otherwise. I do find it hilarious that the same people who criticized Bush for the actions such as drone strikes are now praising Obama for overseeing the same kind of program. At least I have been consistent in supporting (and in some cases opposing) both Bush and Obama for taking the same actions as president.
"This view went against the opinion of Attorney General Eric Holder, who argued that Congress authorized war in Afghanistan, not Yemen, so the “battlefield exception” does not apply."

I had no idea that ANYONE even disagreed with this...Gah. So, what this guy is saying is that this was wrong because Congress hasn't authorized war in Yemen huh? So, hmm...if I deploy with JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command, comprised of SMU's like Delta Force and SEAL Team 6, as you know them) to Yemen, you guys want to know what that deployment would be classified as? As in what it would be called next to my name if I was killed/injured or something like that? It would be "Operation Enduring Freedom" or "in support of OEF". Now, how do we classify it like that, when it's apparently "illegal"/violates the Fifth Amendment? Also, if you go Somalia or Syria or any other country looking for High Value guys, it would be the same thing...in support of OEF. We have JSOC guys, on the ground in all of those countries, as I type this, and ESPECIALLY Yemen. Since, ya know, Yemen is after all where the most powerful "sect" of Al-Qaeda resides, called Al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP for short.

In the war we're in, with terrorists and insurgents, like al-Awlaki, this type of activity is so so necessary. Regardless of your knowledge of today's battlefield, it's pretty much common sense that the "higher ups" like Awlaki and others are not going to be in Afghanistan, where they have a pretty dang high chance to die quickly. This is the type of actions we need, killing the high-ranking Al-Qaeda, Taliban and Haqqani individuals, that actually does make us safer back home.

You cut the head off of a snake..it's body will wiggle around for sometimes quite a while, and the head can even still bite you for a while...but, the snake will not survive. This is what we're trying to do with strikes like this, and our top Special Operations guys, literally the hardest, baddest, killing machines on the planet, are doing all over the Middle East and North Africa. They need all of our support! Even when most of us don't even have a clue as to what they do and where they are until they kill guys like Bin Laden and Awlaki.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying we should have our SOF guys running through every country on earth like wild men. All of these countries that they work in, even Pakistan, know we are there and work with us, Yemen being one of the best to work with us on these types of operations, as long as we keep a low profile, of course. That is the exact reason we hadn't killed Bin Laden before 1 May of this year...the two times we had a location on him before, and had notified Pakistani military/intel officials, he magically disappeared. That is still happening to this day, with other high value individuals. But for the most part, these governments work with us in a really good manner to root out these guys and end their lives/capture them. Except Iran, of course, who knows we have American military/CIA in their country..just can't find them. Wink
vundy33 Wrote:"This view went against the opinion of Attorney General Eric Holder, who argued that Congress authorized war in Afghanistan, not Yemen, so the “battlefield exception” does not apply."

I had no idea that ANYONE even disagreed with this...Gah. So, what this guy is saying is that this was wrong because Congress hasn't authorized war in Yemen huh? So, hmm...if I deploy with JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command, comprised of SMU's like Delta Force and SEAL Team 6, as you know them) to Yemen, you guys want to know what that deployment would be classified as? As in what it would be called next to my name if I was killed/injured or something like that? It would be "Operation Enduring Freedom" or "in support of OEF". Now, how do we classify it like that, when it's apparently "illegal"/violates the Fifth Amendment? Also, if you go Somalia or Syria or any other country looking for High Value guys, it would be the same thing...in support of OEF. We have JSOC guys, on the ground in all of those countries, as I type this, and ESPECIALLY Yemen. Since, ya know, Yemen is after all where the most powerful "sect" of Al-Qaeda resides, called Al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP for short.

In the war we're in, with terrorists and insurgents, like al-Awlaki, this type of activity is so so necessary. Regardless of your knowledge of today's battlefield, it's pretty much common sense that the "higher ups" like Awlaki and others are not going to be in Afghanistan, where they have a pretty dang high chance to die quickly. This is the type of actions we need, killing the high-ranking Al-Qaeda, Taliban and Haqqani individuals, that actually does make us safer back home.

You cut the head off of a snake..it's body will wiggle around for sometimes quite a while, and the head can even still bite you for a while...but, the snake will not survive. This is what we're trying to do with strikes like this, and our top Special Operations guys, literally the hardest, baddest, killing machines on the planet, are doing all over the Middle East and North Africa. They need all of our support! Even when most of us don't even have a clue as to what they do and where they are until they kill guys like Bin Laden and Awlaki.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying we should have our SOF guys running through every country on earth like wild men. All of these countries that they work in, even Pakistan, know we are there and work with us, Yemen being one of the best to work with us on these types of operations, as long as we keep a low profile, of course. That is the exact reason we hadn't killed Bin Laden before 1 May of this year...the two times we had a location on him before, and had notified Pakistani military/intel officials, he magically disappeared. That is still happening to this day, with other high value individuals. But for the most part, these governments work with us in a really good manner to root out these guys and end their lives/capture them. Except Iran, of course, who knows we have American military/CIA in their country..just can't find them. Wink

Right, what you and I may find to be perfectly logical Holder is usually at odds with. Of course he is mainstream in the present administration.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]