Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 35 Prestonsburg 12
The smell coming from the town of Prestonsburg tonight wasn't the usual smell you smell when coming into town.
We just plain stunk it up tonight!!!!!!!!! lets get back at it men and get ready for two big district games against Shelby Valley and Leslie County.
I agree , Should have played the JV team it won't hurt anything.
Just glad the Whitaker kid is getting better with each game for hazard as he will be needed a lot later on in the season and playoff time.
If I had not watched it for myself, I would not have believed it! Pburg just didn't look like the team I have seen play in games prior to this one. That one is done and over with, so as in the words of Jay-Z "It's on to the next one". Put it behind you and move forward. Can't change the past, but you can do a lot to prepare for the future. Focus .....
Wow. I missed this one.
bac2369 Wrote:Good win for Hazard. P-burg did not look like the same team when they faced perry. They were just not focused or something. Like Blackcat said P-burg got into the redzone 3 or 4 times but turned it over on downs. Hazards defense was fair given up a few big plays but not really breaking. This also was one of the fastest games ive watched. [B][B][SIZE="4"]Very good officiated game[/B][/SIZE][/B] but just couldnt understand the one play that hazard scored the td on that was called back on a false start. Never heard any whistles but may of not been paying that much attention. Saw a few teams down there scouting tonight. I saw Leslie dont know if any one else was there or not.

AT LEAST THE P-BURG FANS ISN'T BLAMING THIS LOSS ON THE REFS. :lmao:
Ike Cooter Wrote:AT LEAST THE P-BURG FANS ISN'T BLAMING THIS LOSS ON THE REFS. :lmao:
Someone needs to go back to english class.
To many missed opportunities in the red zone. When its 1st & goal at the 10 & you run 4-5 yards on 1st down then 3 straight pass plays that put you back to the 30..... well i just dont know what else to say. Very disappointed.
Congrats Bulldogs, you will be a tough out for anyone in 1A playoffs. Great team & a classey one at that.
Out of town attending college football games over the weekend, and this has been my first chance at commenting on this game. Here goes...

First, I am very impressed with Hazard. They are a very fundamental, very well coached team. They played with class and played with a sense of urgency and aggressiveness on every play of every series of every quarter of the entire game. Their backs run hard, and they have a stable of skill guys who are threats. The offensive line is quick, and while maybe a little on the smallish side, they still block hard and completely dominated the line of scrimmage against Prestonsburg.

I hadn't gotten the opportunity to see them play since the State Championship game against Beechwood a few years ago. This is a very solid program that consistently turns out excellent teams. I would rank them right at the top with Belfry in terms of having a consistent, excellent program year in and year out.

Prestonsburg, simply put, stunk the place up. Offensively, we still haven't gotten over the loss of Anderson, who was really our only speed running back and a very dangerous threat out of the Wildcat. Jamerson and Williams will carry the ball on sweeps, but they are receivers, and honestly...they run like receivers: use your speed to try to get to the corner, and if you can't, then either run out of bounds or avoid contact. On the one hand, that makes sense if you are a threat to take it to the house on the next play, but on the other hand, it is frustrating to see such talented players play so soft.

The offensive line play for Prestonsburg has been decent, but the loss of Garner has an effect. Aaron Griffith has filled in well at OG, but Garner's senior leadership is sorely missing on this team. Garner tried to play a little defense on Friday, but was really limited by his shoulder, and he may be iffy all season long.

The defensive line...goodness gracious. Prestonsburg averages about 6'3 and about 260 across the defensive front, but you never would have known it against Hazard. This may have been the most lackluster effort from a Blackcat defensive front in recent memory. I never saw a DL with such size and ability play so SMALL. Hazard just owned the trenches. Period.

The big problem with this team this year: Leadership. The injuries have hurt. The loss of playmakers for extended periods of the season is crippling. But the lack of leadership from the players is maddening. The last team that had true leadership was from 2 years ago, with Michael Burchett and Austin McKinney as seniors. Those 2 players refused to lose and refused to sit still and let other players stink the field up. Prestonsburg lost that leadership last year. On last year's team, Alex Griffith was a dandy, but very much a lead by example type, and not the vocal, in your face type of leader that this year's team is begging for. This is a senior laden team. They have learned at the feet of Burchett, McKinney, Griffith, and others. They know what it takes to win and play winning football. Yet somehow they are finding it nearly impossible to put that knowledge into play on the field.

This is a very perplexing team. Based upon this schedule, everyone knew that 3-4 regular season losses were possible. But it is the WAY this team is losing that is frustrating. No one seems to have heart, no one seems to care, and instead of a loss being the most bitter pill you would ever have to swallow, this year's team just kind of rolls over and takes it.

Here's hoping that this staff, which is excellent, finds a magic button to push and a secret formula to use on this team. There is still time...
^Sounds alot like Harlan Ind..
cat86 Wrote:Out of town attending college football games over the weekend, and this has been my first chance at commenting on this game. Here goes...

First, I am very impressed with Hazard. They are a very fundamental, very well coached team. They played with class and played with a sense of urgency and aggressiveness on every play of every series of every quarter of the entire game. Their backs run hard, and they have a stable of skill guys who are threats. The offensive line is quick, and while maybe a little on the smallish side, they still block hard and completely dominated the line of scrimmage against Prestonsburg.

I hadn't gotten the opportunity to see them play since the State Championship game against Beechwood a few years ago. This is a very solid program that consistently turns out excellent teams. I would rank them right at the top with Belfry in terms of having a consistent, excellent program year in and year out.

Prestonsburg, simply put, stunk the place up. Offensively, we still haven't gotten over the loss of Anderson, who was really our only speed running back and a very dangerous threat out of the Wildcat. Jamerson and Williams will carry the ball on sweeps, but they are receivers, and honestly...they run like receivers: use your speed to try to get to the corner, and if you can't, then either run out of bounds or avoid contact. On the one hand, that makes sense if you are a threat to take it to the house on the next play, but on the other hand, it is frustrating to see such talented players play so soft.

The offensive line play for Prestonsburg has been decent, but the loss of Garner has an effect. Aaron Griffith has filled in well at OG, but Garner's senior leadership is sorely missing on this team. Garner tried to play a little defense on Friday, but was really limited by his shoulder, and he may be iffy all season long.

The defensive line...goodness gracious. Prestonsburg averages about 6'3 and about 260 across the defensive front, but you never would have known it against Hazard. This may have been the most lackluster effort from a Blackcat defensive front in recent memory. I never saw a DL with such size and ability play so SMALL. Hazard just owned the trenches. Period.

The big problem with this team this year: Leadership. The injuries have hurt. The loss of playmakers for extended periods of the season is crippling. But the lack of leadership from the players is maddening. The last team that had true leadership was from 2 years ago, with Michael Burchett and Austin McKinney as seniors. Those 2 players refused to lose and refused to sit still and let other players stink the field up. Prestonsburg lost that leadership last year. On last year's team, Alex Griffith was a dandy, but very much a lead by example type, and not the vocal, in your face type of leader that this year's team is begging for. This is a senior laden team. They have learned at the feet of Burchett, McKinney, Griffith, and others. They know what it takes to win and play winning football. Yet somehow they are finding it nearly impossible to put that knowledge into play on the field.

This is a very perplexing team. Based upon this schedule, everyone knew that 3-4 regular season losses were possible. But it is the WAY this team is losing that is frustrating. No one seems to have heart, no one seems to care, and instead of a loss being the most bitter pill you would ever have to swallow, this year's team just kind of rolls over and takes it.

Here's hoping that this staff, which is excellent, finds a magic button to push and a secret formula to use on this team. There is still time...

Very well said & very accurate. I agree with everything you said. Someone is gonna have to step up on the field & take control of this team.
I've seen one player on Prestonsburg's team actually get into another players face and that's been junior Bryson Williams who continues to be productive each game on offense. Other than him, there hasn't been any leadership shown by any of the senior linemen or skill players.

If Prestonsburg continues to play like this they won't get past the 2nd round in the playoffs.

Something has to happen to get these boys heads back on their shoulders. They have yet to put a complete game together all season and haven't shown much at all on defense all year. Very dissapointing to see with all the size and athleticism out there.
thats because the game was called great.not like the pcc game.
Prestonsburg will be ready come playoff time.