Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scandal dims solar job hopes
Here is one more major Obama scandal. I could create new Obama scandal threads all night long but I begin work early tomorrow. The 2012 election is still more than one year away. I find it hard to believe that Obama will be able to run a competitive campaign with so many scandals dogging him until election day. Fast and Furious, Solyndra, Lightsquared...the list goes on and on. Not to mention an anemic economy with an official unemployment rate that is much higher than on the day that he assumed office. What kind of person would even consider voting for such an incompetent scoundrel twice? Slow learners, obviously.[INDENT]
Quote:Scandal dims solar job hopes

It's hard to tell who had the worst September -- Barack Obama or the Boston Red Sox -- but I give the nod to the President, if only because of the Solyndra scandal.

Perhaps you're asking: "Who the heck is Solyndra? Another White House intern?"

No. It's not that kind of scandal. Solyndra is a bankrupt solar-panel manufacturer, a metaphor for an administration in serious political trouble.
Solyndra isn't Watergate or Iran-contra or Monicagate. But it's certainly no boon for Obama when the company's executives invoke their right to remain silent as they did during a congressional hearing last Friday.
Consider this a gift-wrapped package for the Republicans, who are hungry as always for evidence of Obama ineptitude, particularly on the eve of the '12 campaign. The details of the Solyndra affair are not very sexy, nor do they fit on a bumper sticker -- but they can be easily refashioned as rhetorical weapons.

Such as: Obama's economic stewardship is so bad that he can't even create green jobs.

Such as: Obama plays politics with the taxpayers' money.

Such as: How many more Obama-connected firms will taxpayers have to foot the bill for?

Since even Jon Stewart has skewered Obama over Solyndra, it's certainly fair game for Republicans. As Stewart shouted out to the GOP, "That custom-tailored Obama scandal you ordered is finally here!"
The gist is that, in early 2009, the Obama team steered a $535 million taxpayer-backed loan to the company, with the expectation that Solyndra would make solar panels and create 1,100 jobs. George Kaiser, a major Obama donor and key Solyndra investor, visited the White House four times before the loan was approved. (Republicans: "Crony capitalism!")
[/INDENT]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Here is one more major Obama scandal. I could create new Obama scandal threads all night long but I begin work early tomorrow. The 2012 election is still more than one year away. I find it hard to believe that Obama will be able to run a competitive campaign with so many scandals dogging him until election day. Fast and Furious, Solyndra, Lightsquared...the list goes on and on. Not to mention an anemic economy with an official unemployment rate that is much higher than on the day that he assumed office. What kind of person would even consider voting for such an incompetent scoundrel twice? Slow learners, obviously.[INDENT][/INDENT]

Here's the sad part to me. Even if one accepts the dubious science that has hung the green agenda albatross around our neck, the need for immediate action is just not real. We have enough oil to last for generations. If it were possible for science to come up with enough forms "renewable energy" to power the whole nation and ultimately the world that would likely be enough time and some to spare to accomplish the task. Even the verbage to refer to this unknown source of energy is completely unspecific. Forms of renewable energy? Nobody even knows what that is.

This whole mess is the direct result of tree huggers in the driver's seat. Pencil neck bozos that think we're all supposed to live in a perfect world. Only the perfect world of their imagination has as much basis in science as Wonderland has in reality. Every time these guys get painted into a corner by the disclosure of doctored data or faked data they just make up a new rationale. If winters are getting colder not warmer then that is the way climate change works, yeah that's the ticket! The theory of climate change is a contrived house of cards. Real science proves that weather trends down through the history of recorded data support the weather cycle phenomina, not climate change.

How does a nation of real intellectuals subscribe themselves to this blather? We might as well get a witch doctor up there to run the US Department of Energy and Climate Change. Fankly, I would think we would be better off. But, to your point, everybody knows this kind of behavior is unacceptable and especially from elected officials
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]