Central
Trinity
St. X
Somerset
Hazard
Rockastle
Russell Co.

These are just a few that I have seen.
[quote=BOBCAT]Breathitt is physical and fast.Dangerous team when all is clicking.[QUOTE

BCalumni - Yea, especailly when the defensive linebackers #56 Gross and #8 Fugate pair up. Someone quoted in the newspapers as these two being the 2011 version of the "Bruise Brothers." Also look at Collins and Trent, very physical and fast. Very good receivers, Blomberg, Noble, Cox and Fletcher. This team plays as a team; physical, fast, play with a lot of heart and also has a lot of talent.:rockon:
Bowling Green plays as physical as anyone.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually disagree in a way. Belfry still has a strong, mean line and guys on D who will pop you, but the Pirate running game over the past few seasons is not your grandfather's Wishbone "run it down your throat" offenses.

Belfry currently relies more on quickness, misdirection, and quick hitters that get the backs into the 2nd level where they can make a move in space. The current Belfry team is a far cry even from other Belfry teams earlier this decade. The 2007 Pirates had Dustin May and Ivan Lee (each 6'2 220+)in the backfield and were all about trucking would be tacklers. That team was like a Heavyweight boxer who would lean on you the entire fight and then pound away with body blow from their heavy hands. This Pirate team is more like a middleweight who beats you by dancing around and mixing in jabs and combos until you can't hold your hands up from fatigue.

I remember those two, they were beasts fun to watch lots of big hits, when they played at Ashland when they were seniors I think, an the game came down to a 2 point conversion for the win with very little time left, an they pitched it to the May kid an Drew Mcdavid for Ashland ran right through the line picked off the pitch that was the ballgame awesome game to watch both teams were spent left everything on the field! Haywood could have kicked the extra point an tied to go to Ot but went for it with that back field couldn't have blamed him they were strong.
cuppett777 Wrote:no Jonhson Central,hum

Johnson Central is a 5A school but yeah you would think they would be outrushing their opponents by more than a 100 yards with the numbers that Jj Jude puts up every friday night.
cuppett777 Wrote:no Jonhson Central,hum

Correction on my first post, Johnson Central is 4A. I wasnt aware that they got bumped down after last year, sorry for the mistake.
BADCAT74 Wrote:I remember those two, they were beasts fun to watch lots of big hits, when they played at Ashland when they were seniors I think, an the game came down to a 2 point conversion for the win with very little time left, an they pitched it to the May kid an Drew Mcdavid for Ashland ran right through the line picked off the pitch that was the ballgame awesome game to watch both teams were spent left everything on the field! Haywood could have kicked the extra point an tied to go to Ot but went for it with that back field couldn't have blamed him they were strong.

May's Junior and Lee's Soph seasons respectively. Heck of a game early in the season. Belfry had defeated Newport Central Catholic the week prior 7-6 in a nailbiter as well.

The next year is when Belfry went 14-0 before losing to Central in the State Finals when they had Lee, May, and a Sophomore Thomas Varney all in the backfield. When Belfry spanked Somerset in the Regional Finals I heard a Jumper fan say the best quote about that Belfry backfield. He said, "It's like trying to catch two box trucks and then having to adjust to catch a Vespa".
Breathitt County is very physical, especially on defense, but they don't post any defensive stats on KHSAA. Their defensive players don't get any individual recognition. Only the offensive players get recognized unless one of the defensive players makes an interception. That's a shame. I've noticed a lot of teams don't post defensive stats on KHSAA.
Holmes 4A is a hard hitting physical team that focuses on defense