Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands post 9/24.....
How do they respond to a 37 point thrashing on their defense? The Birds have close ones every year and maybe this was their wakeup call, maybe it's finally Covington Catholics' year. Last time they beat the Birds and won state they had a great kicker like Talkers. The streak has gotta end sometime but I can't see the Birds losing with this '11 team. One thing is for sure, CCH has the Bird D figured out. It was unbelievable watching them move against Highlands. Whatever the Birds worked on defensively for this game obviously failed miserably.
....By scoring more than the other team.....

With the offense that the Birds have, they can give up 37 points to a very solid offense like Cov Cath, who knows every single offensive and defensive set that Highlands could ever run. No fears with HHS, because no other team will no the Birds like the Colonels.
The Birds will be fine the next 2 years After that we will have to see.The Birds needed a game like this they don't play nobody else until the Elder game they better have a good week in how to tackle starters need to get more playing time even if its calling your running up the score so be it.
mrb5150 Wrote:The Birds will be fine the next 2 years After that we will have to see.The Birds needed a game like this they don't play nobody else until the Elder game they better have a good week in how to tackle starters need to get more playing time even if its calling your running up the score so be it.

Is it bad to play 3 subpar teams after a close game? I would rather come right back agianst a good team the next week. The only good thing is it will allow for some injuries to heal.
sstack Wrote:Is it bad to play 3 subpar teams after a close game? I would rather come right back agianst a good team the next week. The only good thing is it will allow for some injuries to heal.

Isn't that the nature of our district?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Isn't that the nature of our district?

Yes, but it's probably true in most other districts as well.
Yes Stardust I agree with you about Highlands being able to give up 37 points. But look at this stat: Cov Cath gave up 28 points in the first half. At the end of the first half, the score was 28-14. Cov Cath's Defense buckled down and held Highlands to 21 points in the final two quarters. With that being said, can Cov Cath's Defense find a way to shut down Highlands ferocious attack? If you look at the final two quarters, Cov Cath wins 23-14. I believe that these two teams will meet again on November 18th at Highlands. I honestly couldn't tell you which team will pull it out (even though Highlands will be the favored). All that I know is that this game will be a shootout.
ah the infamous highlands cov cath rivalry is back. little brother got a few good ones in on big brother. the birds arent overrated, the colonels are just that good at least on O. the rematch should be great. if the birds can slow down the slam to grey and the 10&out passes it would be a start. The colonels have to figure out an answer to the Towels show which seems impossible. The chess match between these programs when they are both thriving is some great hs football.
I can't believe im saying this, but I'm a Cov Cath fan and I 100% agree with a Highlands fan. What's this world coming to these days? Can't wait to see these two offenses light it up in the playoffs. One question though, is Christian County any good? And are they in 4A? I hear that will be the opponent for either Cov Cath or Highlands in the state championship game. I hear that they're good, but how do they compare to these two nky powers?
Christian County is in 5A
lets just say that either ones makes out of the east. There will be chances for some nice matchups.

Russell County 6 - 0
Rockcastle County 6 - 0
Highlands 5 - 0
Johnson Central 5 - 1
Ashland Blazer 5 - 1
Lexington Catholic 5 - 1
Rowan County 5 - 1
Boyle County 4 - 2
Knox Central 4 - 2
Covington Catholic 4-2

the teams on the west side of the brackets that could be there.

North Oldham 5 - 0
Madisonville-North Hopkins 5 - 1
Franklin-Simpson 5 - 1
Lone Oak 4 - 2
Warren East 4 - 2
Collins 3 - 2
Waggener 2 - 3
Western 2 - 3
Allen County-Scottsville 2 - 4
Owensboro2 - 4
Birds' defense needs a stronger DLine replacing the Oompa-Loompas at the noseman's sides. OLine is focused on backing up inferior "starters", effecting the running game. The 2-platoon system will hamstring the Birds when playing up to Elder.
RepeatRings Wrote:Birds' defense needs a stronger DLine replacing the Oompa-Loompas at the noseman's sides. OLine is focused on backing up inferior "starters", effecting the running game. The 2-platoon system will hamstring the Birds when playing up to Elder.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You might want to consider staying away from kid bashing/name calling too.
RepeatRings Wrote:Birds' defense needs a stronger DLine replacing the Oompa-Loompas at the noseman's sides. OLine is focused on backing up inferior "starters", effecting the running game. The 2-platoon system will hamstring the Birds when playing up to Elder.

whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

Sounds like you have an ax to grind. Care to elaborate?
Many of the Colonel faithful have said that the Bluebirds are overrated and that the QB was "their whole team". Despite the loss, they appear to be claiming some sort of moral victory in exposing the weaknesses in the Bluebird defense. How does a defense respond the following week against a team that's worse than Mason Co.?
I'm a Colonel fan and I believe that Towles is a very large part of Highlands' success. I think that without Towles, Cov Cath doesn't lose that game. But no he is not their whole team. If he were their whole team, he would play defense, be the punter and kicker, and also return kicks and punts. He's an elite quarterback. Highlands has a great offense. You could say JJ Jude is JC's whole team but not Towles. He's the key to their team though.
i think the key word is key. there are great players on the team but he is the key to the machine. i dont think highlands o needs any adjustment. just hold on to the dang ball. dfence needs some work it seems. they have some good players. they need to change something up though. birds are going to be watching a lot of tape.