Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
East Jessamine
40.00%
Franklin County
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Jessamine at Franklin County 9/30
Who wins and Why
Should be a good rematch of last years 1st round playoff game. If East can dominate the time of possession they can win.
this should be game of the week
East wins 21-14
This will be Franklin Countys first test of the season. I think it will be a good game Franklin co. hasnt faced a defence this year but i think they will win in a close game. i dont think east Jessimine has enough offence. East does has a good defence and Franklin county hasnt hasnt faced anyone close the defence they will face Friday. I think Franklin Co. 27 E. Jessimine 20
If East controls the ball, They can win. But I think Franklin County get's this one.
I think Franklin wins this one.
Franklin County definatly will have to have their game faces on this week. This will be the best O line and D line that Franklin County has faced this year. East Jessimine likes to do a lot of double teaming on the line, if Franklin County can overcome this they will win because E.J. really only has one strong back to move the ball down the feild where FCHS has a lot more weapons for ball movement which will really throw off E.J. Defense. This will be close, let us hope FCHS is still staying grounded and not buying the hype that usally is surronding a 6-0 team.
This is the most disciplined defensive team Franklin County has played all season. East allowed 95 total yards to Woodford County on Friday, and 40 of those yards came on the final drive of the game. Franklin is going to have to show they can move the ball down the field with their best weapon contained and lots of pressure on their QB. Timmons will get his, but it's going to be a struggle for him. How will he handle it? I'm not sure that Franklin's O-Line can block the EJ front seven. This should be the game of the week in the state this week. A LOT on the line for both teams. Franklin County wants revenge from last year's playoffs, East wants to prove they belong amongst the talk of top 5A teams to watch. Should be a helluva game.
Hopefully E.J. will show some class and not bring their Chrome Plated Sledge hammer to the game in hopes to cause distruction to private property by hitting the goal post as they have before. There should be no tolerance for this by any team.
The question is who can stop who the most?

It will come down to penalties and turnovers. Because I don't think either team can stop each other.

East doesn't have the ability to slow down Timmons. FCHS does a nice job of finding ways to get him the ball. East has to make the QB move his feet in the passing game.

Franklin Co. defense can not stop the run of East Jess. part of it is they have poor run fits. The defense sits still and allows teams to get off.

So the team that doesn't have a coach or kid try to do to much will win.
For Franklin to win , they need to stay hungry and know there not invincible. Timmons is going to have to play outstanding and lead his team this week. Then the defense definitely has to step up, last yr East put up 667 rushing yards we these teams met in the play-offs !

For East Jessamines to win this game there LB's are going to have to stop the running game and make open field tkls, the secondary has no choice but to play the greatest game of the season ( i look to see Thomas or Russell on Timmons all night) We all know they have the Thomas kid and he will need to play special and show if he deserves all the hype he gets. Should be a Great game in Franklin Co !
Franklin Co.
The thing is if the run does not work for E.J. will they be able to go to the air. E.J. has not had to do that this year. F.C. is well balanced and pretty much equal in rushing yards
Franklin Co. 34-21.
Daddy Long Legs, East may be disciplined but i doubt they have seen the speed of Timmons and Co. This game will be a track meet. FC 42-28
both teams are vary good looks to be one of the best games to watch in central ky this friday night. i say high scoring game.it will come down to the final drive whos got the ball. hard to pick what team. 35-28 :pondering::popcorn:
Oline,

Franklin Co. may be fast, but I will revert back to my previous point and doubt they have seen a disciplined team like East yet.

The likes of Nelson Co., Hills, a down Frankfort team, etc. do not stack up to the team they play this week. East will own the clock, keeping the Flyer offense off the field. I feel like East is a stronger, more athletic version of Letcher Co. Central.

East is much stronger up front and Cameron Thomas will get his (just like Timmons). This game is tough to pick a winner. It's going to be that good of a game.

I'm curious to see how Franklin responds to adversity late in a game. Every game with the exception of the LCC game has been over early. If it's close late, which I anticipate it being, East can win.
DaddyLongLegs Wrote:Oline,

Franklin Co. may be fast, but I will revert back to my previous point and doubt they have seen a disciplined team like East yet.

The likes of Nelson Co., Hills, a down Frankfort team, etc. do not stack up to the team they play this week. East will own the clock, keeping the Flyer offense off the field. I feel like East is a stronger, more athletic version of Letcher Co. Central.

East is much stronger up front and Cameron Thomas will get his (just like Timmons). This game is tough to pick a winner. It's going to be that good of a game.

I'm curious to see how Franklin responds to adversity late in a game. Every game with the exception of the LCC game has been over early. If it's close late, which I anticipate it being, East can win.

According to the KHSAA website East Jessamines opponents are a combined 9-19 through 5 games while Franklins opponents are 8-26 through 6 games. Sounds like both are in need of a good test. Undoubtedly tonight will be a great test for both teams. This time of year we start to seperate the pretenders from the contenders. Look for this game to be a good one and best of luck to both teams.
East will have more trouble defending FCHS than FCHS will defending East.

FCHS is more balanced attack. Look for Anderdson to have a big night running the football.