Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bourbon County
62.50%
Estill County
37.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon County at Estill County 9/30
Who wins and Why
I'll take Bourbon and there really good RB, Hopkins.
hopefully my Engineers can get it togeather and come out with a W.

Go Engineers
bourbon only has like one good runningback estill has about 3. ill take estill.
I think Estill has improved from their tough schedule and will put one in the win column
Bourbon by 2+ TD's
Congrats to Bourbon & Hopkins on their big Win Friday, If Bourbon comes out the gate ready to play Estill wont know what hit them, even though they have three backs there is only one football and from the way it looks Bourbon knows who to get the ball to when needed, Good luck to both teams...
Football24 Wrote:bourbon only has like one good runningback estill has about 3. ill take estill.

No offense to any of Estill's backs, but Hopkins is on a different level. He's not a good High School back, he will be a good D1 back.

I'll take Bourbon.
Bourbon has improved their offensive scheme. Estill is always hard nosed and a tough team, but I think Bourbon will come out of the win. I am going to say 42-35.
I think the poll has it about right could go either way may give a slight edge to Estill
Bourbon County. Estill County has not proved themselves thus far.
let's compare schedules (Estill has played a harder schedule)

Bourbon County (3-2)

Aug. 19 Middlesboro 41-21 (L) - Middlesboro (3-3)

Aug. 26 Madison Southern 60-21 (W) - Madison Southern (1-4)

Sep. 2 Owen County 21-14 (L) - Owen County (5-0)

Sep 16 Harrison County 35-28 (W) - Harrison County (1-4)

Sep 23 Western Hills 61-26 (W) - Western Hills (2-4)

Estill County (1-4)

Aug. 19 Breathitt County 53-6 (L) - Breathitt County (5-0)

Aug. 26 Wayne County 47-36 (L) - Wayne County (5-1)

Sep. 2 Morgan County 34-30 (W) - Morgan County (4-1)

Sep 9 Rockcastle County 55-19 (L) - Rockcastle County (6-0)

Sep 23 Powell County 42-21 (L) - Powell County (5-0)

now you tell me who has played the hardest schedule?
Estill played Wayne closer than people realize if it hadn't been for a fumble the Engineers could have very well knocked off the Cardinals
Strikeout King Wrote:let's compare schedules (Estill has played a harder schedule)

Bourbon County (3-2)

Aug. 19 Middlesboro 41-21 (L) - Middlesboro (3-3)

Aug. 26 Madison Southern 60-21 (W) - Madison Southern (1-4)

Sep. 2 Owen County 21-14 (L) - Owen County (5-0)

Sep 16 Harrison County 35-28 (W) - Harrison County (1-4)

Sep 23 Western Hills 61-26 (W) - Western Hills (2-4)

Estill County (1-4)

Aug. 19 Breathitt County 53-6 (L) - Breathitt County (5-0)

Aug. 26 Wayne County 47-36 (L) - Wayne County (5-1)

Sep. 2 Morgan County 34-30 (W) - Morgan County (4-1)

Sep 9 Rockcastle County 55-19 (L) - Rockcastle County (6-0)

Sep 23 Powell County 42-21 (L) - Powell County (5-0)

now you tell me who has played the hardest schedule?

now i give the edge to estill on playing harder team but number 5 for bourbon is the real deal but i will give estill the edge by 1 35-34
^ I've heard about him. Seen his stats on KHSAA pretty impressive kid.
he is it took owen a while to finally stop him but if you do then that all that got
rebel 4 life Wrote:he is it took owen a while to finally stop him but if you do then that all that got

Not to take anything away from Owen, because I have no allegiance to either team, but I went to that game to watch the Hopkins kid, and I believe he had something like 330 yds or so. If I remember correctly, Bourbon had 5 fumbles and an interception, that could probably be credited for the Owen win.

Not saying Owen didn't deserve the win, just saying that I don't think they won because they stopped Hopkins.
Little research, Looks like both teams are fairly even when it comes to games although I give the edge to Estill for playing Breathitt and Rockastle.

Estill: lost to Wayne. Everyone Wayne beat was 1-4/5 or 0-6. Then beat up by Bell.
beat Morgan. Morgan beat Boyd 2-3, Pendleton 1-4, South Floyd 2-3,
Middlesboro 3-3 signature win.
lost to Powell. Powell beat Leslie 4-2, PCC (with suspended starters) 4-1 signature
win. Lewis 3-2, and Estill 1-4.
Lost to Breathit and Rockastle both undefeated!

Bourbon: lost to Middlesboro 3-3, beat Madison Southern 1-4 (also lost to Powell),
lost to Owen Co. 5-0, beat Harrison Co. 1-4, beat Wester Hills 2-4.

Schedule goes to Estill for playing Breathitt and Rockastle.
FWIW, Bourbon played Rockcastle in a grid scriage and held Their own, I believe they held them scoreless. Hopkins is the real deal, if he hits the second level he's gone
All I can say is Bourbon County is on the rise and who ever lines up with them at 7:30 better be ready to play, them kids have worked hard and they have picked a perfect time to come together as a TEAM... Go Bourbon !!!!
Bourbon Co. 35-20.
who were the suspended starters PCC had? and what do you mean estill hasnt proved theirsevles yet?? if anything its bourbon that hasnt proved anything yet. yeah owen is 5-0 and the teams they played have losing records besides only one team that is 3-3. i could get over 1000 rushing yards with a schedule like that too. pretty sure estill would be sitting 5-0 or 4-1 with bourbons schedule.
Mario#1 Wrote:who were the suspended starters PCC had? and what do you mean estill hasnt proved theirsevles yet?? if anything its bourbon that hasnt proved anything yet. yeah owen is 5-0 and the teams they played have losing records besides only one team that is 3-3. i could get over 1000 rushing yards with a schedule like that too. pretty sure estill would be sitting 5-0 or 4-1 with bourbons schedule.

10 of PCC's starters were out, don't know their names. I was only being as biased as possible. If Estill Played Wayne, Powell, Morgan, or Bourbons schedule I am sure they would have a good chance of being 3-2, 4-1, or 5-0 but they haven't. Let me put it this way, neither team have proved themselves from what I have read in scores and teams they have played. Proving yourself is beating a team that has a respected program or competing with them. Again that is why I give the schedule edge to Estill, they have played two respected programs. Best of luck to both teams. :Thumbs:
in the wayne county game, Estill trailed 40-28/29, we scored to make it 40-36, recovered the onside kick with about 3 minutes to go in the game, we fumbled on the very 1st play, Wayne recovered adn scored again making it 47-36, if it hadn't been for that fumble the Engineers could have knocked off the Cardinals, Estill is better than what most people think and give them credit for
I'm completely unbiased in this game, but I don't think you get schedule points for being blown out. Who cares how good the team that 30+ points is? The only games on the schedule that count are the ones you win or the ones where you had a chance to win late. I mean, how much can you learn getting beat 53-6 or 55-19.

I'll give Bourbon the slight edge, but should make for a good game. Hopkins will have 200+ yards in the game.
Strikeout King Wrote:in the wayne county game, Estill trailed 40-28/29, we scored to make it 40-36, recovered the onside kick with about 3 minutes to go in the game, we fumbled on the very 1st play, Wayne recovered adn scored again making it 47-36, if it hadn't been for that fumble the Engineers could have knocked off the Cardinals, Estill is better than what most people think and give them credit for

I think Bourbon County faithful do give credit to Estill. We have played them many years now, at least the last 4 that I can remember and Estill is always a tough opponent. Not taking anything away from Estill at all, they are a better team than what their record shows. Bourbon is a better team than what is led to believe. Too many times we get caught up in the fact that 1 player is an above average player, which Bourbon has. The focus needs to be that with the rest of the team stepping up, Bourbon is not to be overlooked as well. And for others, not you, say that all you have to do is shut down 1 player is a mockery of the team concept. It takes a TEAM to WIN or LOSE a game. It is the cunning of the coaches to make adjustments on both sides to help those 11 win as a TEAM or not.

All in all, will be a very good game from both teams and look forward to watching it come Friday.

I still have to stick with Bourbon in this one. JMO:popcorn:
Strikeout King Wrote:in the wayne county game, Estill trailed 40-28/29, we scored to make it 40-36, recovered the onside kick with about 3 minutes to go in the game, we fumbled on the very 1st play, Wayne recovered adn scored again making it 47-36, if it hadn't been for that fumble the Engineers could have knocked off the Cardinals, Estill is better than what most people think and give them credit for

With all do respect, Madison Southern Played Wayne Co. Closely and Bourbon beat them by 50 + points.
I think Bourbon beat Madison Southern 61-20 and Powell beat them 34-14. I do not remember exactly and would have to look it up. Teams do however match up better against certain teams.
laker20 Wrote:I'm completely unbiased in this game, but I don't think you get schedule points for being blown out. Who cares how good the team that 30+ points is? The only games on the schedule that count are the ones you win or the ones where you had a chance to win late. I mean, how much can you learn getting beat 53-6 or 55-19.

I'll give Bourbon the slight edge, but should make for a good game. Hopkins will have 200+ yards in the game.

On the other side of the argument, how much do you gain by beating someone that bad? Other than your younger kids get varsity experience.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:With all do respect, Madison Southern Played Wayne Co. Closely and Bourbon beat them by 50 + points.

and so did Estill. Estill got down and came roaring back and like I said if it hadn't been for a fumble Estill could have very well beat Wayne, not taking anything away from Wayne cause they played a good game and there a good team but what costed Estill was that fumble