Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County 12 Harlan 6
Leslie did win and deserved to win, and I congratulate them for that, but it is just like the pass interference call on 3rd down on Leslie's sideline during the drive for their final score was not pass interference. That penalty was called by Leslie's coaching staff and their buddy obliged them with the flag.
hitemup Wrote:Especially if you ask the official on the Leslie Co. sideline and the back judge. Did they graduate from Leslie or just best friends with the coaching staff? During the lighting problem they were all buddied up; laughing and joking around: not very professional if you ask me.

Maybe if you would have paid more attention, you would have saw Coach Donahue in the huddle with the refs the whole time.. He was blocked into the guy.. Geesh... it was plain as day.. thats why nothing was called.. At least 3 officials seen it, thats why flags weren't thrown.

I haven't seen those officials at Leslie Co. before.. Some the home field ref stuff is crazy.. Also, the phantom holding call on Leslie on their 1st drive when they were inside the 10 was bogus... Leslie was also penalized more times, for more yards.. So get over it..

Leslie had 221 yds. rushing to Harlan's 38.. That should be enough said..
I Rule The World Wrote:Maybe if you would have paid more attention, you would have saw Coach Donahue in the huddle with the refs the whole time.. He was blocked into the guy.. Geesh... it was plain as day.. thats why nothing was called.. At least 3 officials seen it, thats why flags weren't thrown.

I haven't seen those officials at Leslie Co. before.. Some the home field ref stuff is crazy.. Also, the phantom holding call on Leslie on their 1st drive when they were inside the 10 was bogus... Leslie was also penalized more times, for more yards.. So get over it..

Leslie had 221 yds. rushing to Harlan's 38.. That should be enough said..

I never said that the officials cost Harlan the game; Leslie simply outplayed Harlan. I also never questioned the roughing the kicker call as it was a good no call. But, the pass interference call was a bad call that extended the drive and led to Leslie's final touchdown. We can go back and forth with bad calls all day; however, that is not my point. Officials should not be buddies with coaches during a game: It is not professional.

If you would have paid attention the officials I mentioned were on Leslie's sideline with the assistant coaches. Coach Donahue and Melton were in the middle of the field with the white hat and the side judge from Harlan's sideline.
Hey,all I have to say is that Leslie beat us plain and simple. A team will not get every call in every game. I think the Dragon's D performed really well in the second half and did a good job holding Leslie down. The problem was with the offense. For our offense to be good game in and game out we are going to have to have a QB that is willing to run the ball when he see's daylight. A reciever isn't always going to be open and your not always gonna get refs that are willing to throw the pass interference flags when needed. So,to keep a good defense (as Leslie is) honest,the QB has to run the ball and it seems to me that Saragas is just not taking the opportunity to help himself out. I know that if He gets hurt we don't have another good QB yet so we would just have to line up and run the ball at people. I also have noticed that all the players who's names where listed in the KHSAA's weekly stat's have been removed. I agree with that call. I think those stats were getting into some of their heads. Personally,I think that and Leslie's tough defense is what cause the offensive breakdown last week. Now,I have said my peace and I'm exiting this thread for good. Time to get ready for Hazard next Friday night.
lion #1 Wrote:Hey,all I have to say is that Leslie beat us plain and simple. A team will not get every call in every game. I think the Dragon's D performed really well in the second half and did a good job holding Leslie down. The problem was with the offense. For our offense to be good game in and game out we are going to have to have a QB that is willing to run the ball when he see's daylight. A reciever isn't always going to be open and your not always gonna get refs that are willing to throw the pass interference flags when needed. So,to keep a good defense (as Leslie is) honest,the QB has to run the ball and it seems to me that Saragas is just not taking the opportunity to help himself out. I know that if He gets hurt we don't have another good QB yet so we would just have to line up and run the ball at people. I also have noticed that all the players who's names where listed in the KHSAA's weekly stat's have been removed. I agree with that call. I think those stats were getting into some of their heads. Personally,I think that and Leslie's tough defense is what cause the offensive breakdown last week. Now,I have said my peace and I'm exiting this thread for good. Time to get ready for Hazard next Friday night.

Good comment lion #1. No need in arguing about things. Leslie's got a good team and they may have the best D we have played this season. But they aren't superhuman or even head and shoulder's above some of the team's we have played this season. HHS just had a mental breakdown and just so happened when we were playing Leslie's superb defense. It's tough to go from nearly 500 yards per game to 165 total yards. We gotta get that fixed and now!!!