Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jude and Wales
does anybody know how close they are to the record?
Nope, but JJ Jude had 336 yards and 4 td's tonight I do believe.
I think they announced on the radio wales is just shy of 1500 away from the record
McCameraMan Wrote:Nope, but JJ Jude had 336 yards and 4 td's tonight I do believe.

Spike gave his stats as 360 yrds 5 td's.
White Feather Wrote:Spike gave his stats as 360 yrds 5 td's.

Gotchya. I knew it was close to what I put. Thanks though
Wales has faced Manual, Goodpasture TN, Male, Ballard and ST.X.
Who has Jude played against?
Old Henry Man Wrote:Wales has faced Manual, Goodpasture TN, Male, Ballard and ST.X.
Jude played a district game this week. Last season he play against Highlands, Boyle and Bell. I think Wales will go to a SEC team but JUDD will not. I think Jude is as fast as Wales there 100meter Sprint times are really close. Jude is alot stronger than Wales. I look for Jude to wrestle in College. Honestly how many white running backs do you see in big time college football?
honestjchsfan Wrote:Jude played a district game this week. Last season he play against Highlands, Boyle and Bell. I think Wales will go to a SEC team but JUDD will not. I think Jude is as fast as Wales there 100meter Sprint times are really close. Jude is alot stronger than Wales. I look for Jude to wrestle in College. Honestly how many white running backs do you see in big time college football?

I don't even know what to say about that but wow ! Holy cow ! WTF ?! Talk about pulling the race card. Who has Jude played against THIS year ? I'll bet you'd even compare their athleticism , & say Jude is just as athletic, the D-1 scouts know what their looking at! Being " white " didn't stop Fugate from Breathitt .
Jude is a college wrestler.
Wales is a D1 slot receiver.

That's my opinion.
Coachdad Wrote:I don't even know what to say about that but wow ! Holy cow ! WTF ?! Talk about pulling the race card. Who has Jude played against THIS year ? I'll bet you'd even compare their athleticism , & say Jude is just as athletic, the D-1 scouts know what their looking at! Being " white " didn't stop Fugate from Breathitt .
I am not playing a race card! I am just telling the truth. Of the 80 or so people that have broken the 10-second barrier in the 100 meter sprint all but 2 are of West African descent. In my life time there has been 2 Olympic 100m champs that were white, one was Allen Wells of the Scotland in 1980 the year the US didn't compete the other was a Russian dude in 1972 who was pumped full of enough Steroids to kill a mule and he was still lucky to win because the 2 US sprinters missed the race because of a scheduling error. Take a look around the NFL, how many Starting RB's and Cornors are white? You can count them on one hand. Its the same in the SEC. Fugate is a FULLBACK. I don't think Jude can add enough weight on his frame to be a FULLback in the SEC.
Coachdad Wrote:I don't even know what to say about that but wow ! Holy cow ! WTF ?! Talk about pulling the race card. Who has Jude played against THIS year ? I'll bet you'd even compare their athleticism , & say Jude is just as athletic, the D-1 scouts know what their looking at! Being " white " didn't stop Fugate from Breathitt .

Fugate will never see the ball
You've never even see Jude play,so you dont even know what are you rambling on about???? There is nobody better than you at throwing race cards.

Once a moron....Always a moron....

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Can we keep civility here?????
Old Henry Man Wrote:Wales has faced Manual, Goodpasture TN, Male, Ballard and ST.X.

I think you are saying those teams are good based off of previous years. I think most of those are a little down this year. Combined record (for the ky teams) is13-13. If you take manual out the record is 8-13.

JC opponents combined record ky teams only (10-12). I would say that is pretty compareable records. I know now you are going to say "but Central's opponents have played much stronger Louisville area competition"

If that is the case (sorry if I put words in your mouth with guessing your next argument) then Central must have a very good team with a record of 4-2 against such strong competition (the 2 losses by a combined 4points). I think it would then stand to reason that Wales would have a better offensive line, a better passing game to keep teams from stacking the line to stop him.

If that's the case I would think it would be harder for Jude to get his yards playing for such a lower quality team, but, I could be wrong.
I've never in my life said ONE thing to bob segar & will not lower myself to say anything to him now, now who's the moron ?
I can compare the two: Wales is without a doubt the better, i have coached against Jude and his stats doesn't mean a thing. Someone from Johnson Central please give his stats against the top 2 teams in the mtns and there is your answer. Coach Matney gives him the ball every other down. Jude is a wrestler and a average football player. Not for sure if he is the best back in the mtns. If he played for Phillip Haywood or Dudley Hilton he would be average player on a great team and would win championships not stats..
colonel4life Wrote:I think you are saying those teams are good based off of previous years. I think most of those are a little down this year. Combined record (for the ky teams) is13-13. If you take manual out the record is 8-13.

JC opponents combined record ky teams only (10-12). I would say that is pretty compareable records. I know now you are going to say "but Central's opponents have played much stronger Louisville area competition"

If that is the case (sorry if I put words in your mouth with guessing your next argument) then Central must have a very good team with a record of 4-2 against such strong competition (the 2 losses by a combined 4points). I think it would then stand to reason that Wales would have a better offensive line, a better passing game to keep teams from stacking the line to stop him.

If that's the case I would think it would be harder for Jude to get his yards playing for such a lower quality team, but, I could be wrong.
Jude is the lone returning starter in JC's backfield and most of the offensive line is also new. Even more so than last season, JC's opponents know that if they stop Jude, JC's offense is in trouble. Still, Jude continues to rack up impressive yardage game after game. Johnson Central has some great young talent surrounding Jude, but this is still a rebuilding year for the Golden Eagles.

As you pointed out above, the expectations are high for Central, and Wales is surrounded by talented, experienced players. However, I believe that Jude has been increasing his lead over Wales in the career yardage race. Jude will need to enter the playoffs with a sizable lead over Wales and he also needs for Johnson Central to upset Ashland. That would almost ensure Jude the opportunity of playing in two playoff games. Wales is almost guaranteed of playing in two or three more games than Jude this season.
^Agreed
Coachdad Wrote:I've never in my life said ONE thing to bob segar & will not lower myself to say anything to him now, now who's the moron ?

Uh huh!!! :eyeroll: Either your memory is very short or you are not very good at truthfullness. I certainly have not forgotten. To answer your question. Still you . But as Stardust suggested I am done with you you.
redstorm Wrote:I can compare the two: Wales is without a doubt the better, i have coached against Jude and his stats doesn't mean a thing. Someone from Johnson Central please give his stats against the top 2 teams in the mtns and there is your answer. Coach Matney gives him the ball every other down. Jude is a wrestler and a average football player. Not for sure if he is the best back in the mtns. If he played for Phillip Haywood or Dudley Hilton he would be average player on a great team and would win championships not stats..

That statement in itsself indicates that there is no credibility to anything that you just posted. Anyone who has ever seen him play can agree to that. If you feel that Wales is better, then so be it. That's strictly your opinion and you are more than welcome to it, but to say average makes you look just plain foolish. I think Jude was named first team all state by every sector out there. The media poll as well as the coaches poll. But then again, I seem to recall a long list of things you have posted in the past, where it is obvious that you are a little on the disillusioned side.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fugate will never see the ball

He doesn't need to touch the ball very much. They brought him in to be a blocking fullback and he does a fine job lol
This is what I have on Jude, (Unofficial) ... Jude had 360 yards Friday night, so he is now at 1,185 yard away from the state record.

- Rock
http://www.derekforrest.com
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
I personally think both kids should have transferred to Belfry, and joined in the flexbone offense w/ Trey Willis.
rock19701 Wrote:This is what I have on Jude, (Unofficial) ... Jude had 360 yards Friday night, so he is now at 1,185 yard away from the state record.

- Rock
www.derekforrest.com
www.twitter.com/derekwymt
That is a career record that he is chasing. For all those Jude haters out there that try to nit pick on the schedule, he has played Highland Ashland Belfry and Cov Cath three times, Boyle and Breathitt twice. Bell,Knox,Middlesboro, and Bryan Station.

I realize your not a Jude hater Derek your post is the one I quoted because you had the numbers posted. Keep up the good work
colonel4life Wrote:I think you are saying those teams are good based off of previous years. I think most of those are a little down this year. Combined record (for the ky teams) is13-13. If you take manual out the record is 8-13.

Are you saying that this year, Jude has faced better teams than Wales?
redstorm Wrote:I can compare the two: Wales is without a doubt the better, i have coached against Jude and his stats doesn't mean a thing. Someone from Johnson Central please give his stats against the top 2 teams in the mtns and there is your answer. Coach Matney gives him the ball every other down. Jude is a wrestler and a average football player. Not for sure if he is the best back in the mtns. If he played for Phillip Haywood or Dudley Hilton he would be average player on a great team and would win championships not stats..
I could agree with all the above , thanks , from one coach to another, I needed an informed opinion.
Coachdad Wrote:I could agree with all the above , thanks , from one coach to another, I needed an informed opinion.
Well, now you have two uninformed opinions. Ask the fans from Covington Catholic, Highlands, Boyle County, or Ashland if they consider J. J. Jude an average football player. That has got to be among the most ridiculous statements that I have ever read in a post. Good teams do not build defensive game plans around stopping one average running back. But it sounds like that was what you were wanting to hear, so go away a happy man.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ask the fans from Covington Catholic, Highlands, Boyle County, or Ashland if they consider J. J. Jude an average football player.
:yikes:Wow. Not in a million years. I love the verbal jousts with the JC guys, but no way I'd try to make Jude out as anything but one of the best I've seen on either side of the ball. He reminds me of Travis Elliott from Ryle, another great player that may not be D1 material because of his size. No shame in that.
Can you dig it? Wrote::yikes:Wow. Not in a million years. I love the verbal jousts with the JC guys, but no way I'd try to make Jude out as anything but one of the best I've seen on either side of the ball. He reminds me of Travis Elliott from Ryle, another great player that may not be D1 material because of his size. No shame in that.
Oh , wales 5'9" 170 pound frame is what's making the college scouts salivate ?
Coachdad Wrote:I could agree with all the above , thanks , from one coach to another, I needed an informed opinion.

Segar hit the nail on the head. Once a moron always a moron.