•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 22 Perry County Central 0
No worries with Clay.
Trust me on that one for sure lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats because Perry may be the softest team in the mountains on a yearly basis

Un-freaking-fortunately I agree.
And I trust your opinion on football, but I watched Rock and Knox both play against Perry, and I felt like Knox was more impressive. JMO.
Softest team in the mountains is one hell of a stretch, and that's all i'm gonna say about that.
Well, Congrats to Rock. There qb played great. I hope everyone was ok with the refs for once. Wet field hurt PCC but was not why they lost. Matt Robinson proved he is the best linebacker in the MTNs. I told geauxtigers75 before the game that losing here would help PCC in the long run, i hope im right.That all i have to say about that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats because Perry may be the softest team in the mountains on a yearly basis

Elaborate? I don't see how you can say softest team in the mountains. They are soft, but not near the softest.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Elaborate? I don't see how you can say softest team in the mountains. They are soft, but not near the softest.

I said MAY BE.
I didnt say they was. Theres no possible way of knowing that but ive watched PCC for the last 3 years against Whitley and the simple truth is if you hit them in the mouth they fold.
Im not saying its happening this year because i havent seen them, but I know the style Rock plays and IMO, i think the power run game made PCC fold over again.
Aslan Wrote:Un-freaking-fortunately I agree.
And I trust your opinion on football, but I watched Rock and Knox both play against Perry, and I felt like Knox was more impressive. JMO.

I can see where your getting that.
Knox is a very good football team, i just dont think they can handle Russell or Rock right now.
One thing is for certain, that is the best district race probably in the state.
Can definitely tell that PCC fans are distraught.
There is no Whitley VS PCC thread.. lol
Ballers Wrote:Can definitely tell that PCC fans are distraught.

they dont play till next week could be why lol
Ballers Wrote:Can definitely tell that PCC fans are distraught.

I gotcha!
Typically, head to head matches among three teams tell the story for the final match up at least to some degree. Nothing could be further from the truth here. PCC' win over KC and following loss to Rock provides no insight into how the game will go between KC and Rock.

PCC beat us in the 4th quarter with a fake punt and laser accurate toss and catch. They lost to Rock for lack of the catch part and an inability to stop the fullback dive. And our defense was designed to stop run teams who toss it occassionally. PCC throws it much more than occassionally but that simply did not factor into the Rock game for reasons already discussed.

PCC did not go under center and send lead blockers with a good back on a wet field. Mysterious but not something Rock will get from us. Our challenge will be not getting caught by that excellent QB when he does decide to throw it and finding a way to deal with the Lake factor.

Still, I suggest the KC Rock game will unfold with no bearing on what happened with PCC to either team. Totally different games. Could be wishful thinking but I prefer to calling it thoughtful analysis... LOL.
Football1 Wrote:Typically, head to head matches among three teams tell the story for the final match up at least to some degree. Nothing could be further from the truth here. PCC' win over KC and following loss to Rock provides no insight into how the game will go between KC and Rock.

PCC beat us in the 4th quarter with a fake punt and laser accurate toss and catch. They lost to Rock for lack of the catch part and an inability to stop the fullback dive. And our defense was designed to stop run teams who toss it occassionally. PCC throws it much more than occassionally but that simply did not factor into the Rock game for reasons already discussed.

PCC did not go under center and send lead blockers with a good back on a wet field. Mysterious but not something Rock will get from us. Our challenge will be not getting caught by that excellent QB when he does decide to throw it and finding a way to deal with the Lake factor.

Still, I suggest the KC Rock game will unfold with no bearing on what happened with PCC to either team. Totally different games. Could be wishful thinking but I prefer to calling it thoughtful analysis... LOL.

Mr. Diamond or #56 for Knox are both very good players, and should have some good battles with Lake in the trenches.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Mr. Diamond or #56 for Knox are both very good players, and should have some good battles with Lake in the trenches.

#56 would be Mr. Grubb. I'm aware that Ben Lake of Rockcastle and Codi Diamond of KC are friendly off the field with each other and wish each other the best.
papagrit Wrote:#56 would be Mr. Grubb. I'm aware that Ben Lake of Rockcastle and Codi Diamond of KC are friendly off the field with each other and wish each other the best.

That's good to hear and i'm glad they are. But I guarantee it will be a sight to see when the two face off here in a few weeks, it'll be a good battle in the trenches.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)