•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 22 Perry County Central 0
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:If Matt would've had a few carries, trust me, the game would've been much closer.

If Rowe would have played, it would have been a larger margain...........could have, would have, should have
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:If Rowe would have played, it would have been a larger margain...........could have, would have, should have

Or....Maybe it wouldn't...All the same premise. No one knows what would have happened besides what actually did happen.
Well, I was wrong. A shutout is a huge surpise to me...glad I didn't try to make it back home to watch it.

Grats Rocks.
Congrats RC. Looks like this coud turn into an interesting thread
Zaga and Aslan must be chocked on all that Sausage.....Confusednicker:

Come on boys....let's hear your thoughts.
Perry finally did connect on a long ball late, but I think it got called back. I just hope we learn from this loss and move on and not let it linger like the Clay County loss did last year. Guess i'll have to wait another year, or longer, to see my Commodores finally beat the Rockets.
Congrats Rock! I weathered the storm and watched this beat down, I am a firm believer though that if Matt Robinson would have played some offense, this would've been a whole different game all together. Never the less, congrats Rock. Way to come in with one hell of a game plan and dominating!
I think Haddix will be a fine coach but he really killed PerryCC's chances in this game. Why go for it on 4th and very long 2 or 3 times inside your own 30?

I understand the special teams stunk, but come on!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great job Rockets! Should be a good one next week.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:lol here comes the shit talk.. go ahead and do it.. cause chances are i would do the same thing
No I'm not talking crap. I'm just saying I don't think the game should have been any closer than the final score.
Also, I am a big Whitley fan but I am a fan of local football and enjoy seeing two good mountain teams play. Crap (rain) does happen which may have slowed Perry down some, but sounds like Perry's inability to block Rock's pass rush was the bigger issue.
LWC Wrote:I think Haddix will be a fine coach but he really killed PerryCC's chances in this game. Why go for it on 4th and very long 2 or 3 times inside your own 30?

I understand the special teams stunk, but come on!

I agree completely!

Don't take the comment about Matt playing some offense at all as taking anything away from Rock tonight, they were on another level
So much for Rock having a "Cupcake" schedule cause they sure as hell let perry central have it tonight JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU ALL!!! and to do this without Clark Rowe? This was a statement game tonight bank on it!
big blu 2 u Wrote:wow,..right now i would pick them to win their district.after watching knox play harlan county and knox lose to perry i think the rock is back.

They need to win next week before they get too concerned with Knox.
I had to get on here and see the score.

I admit I had pcc winning this game but I told everyone Rockcastle would run run run all over pcc even without Rowe. I said that and pcc fans laughed and said not going to happen. I might not be a quality poster on here but I know football in the mountains I watch a lot of it. I knew rock had 2 or 3 Rbs on that team that could run the ball hard.congrats Rockets, good win.
^Laker, did Russell County win? They were struggling a little bit with LetcherCC weren't they?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Damn PCC i couldnt make it tonight =/ what in the hell happened guys
LWC Wrote:^Laker, did Russell County win? They were struggling a little bit with LetcherCC weren't they?

Russell Co won 33-7, we were not run blocking well at all tonight. On our first three possessions had to settle for FG attempts of 37 Made, 35 Made, and 37 missed. We played really good D, and made a few plays late in the first half and early in the second half.

We need to get the run blocking ready for Rock cause no one really knows how good they are...............their 6-0, but all they've played are cupcakes!!!..................:biglmao:
Football24 Wrote:Damn PCC i couldnt make it tonight =/ what in the hell happened guys

See my first post in the thread.
laker20 Wrote:Russell Co won 33-7, we were not run blocking well at all tonight. On our first three possessions had to settle for FG attempts of 37 Made, 35 Made, and 37 missed. We played really good D, and made a few plays late in the first half and early in the second half.

We need to get the run blocking ready for Rock cause no one really knows how good they are...............their 6-0, but all they've played are cupcakes!!!..................:biglmao:

I really hope your joking.
^Knowing his style, he is taking a nice little jab at PCC fans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Rock! Once more proving they are looking more and more like the Rock of old.

It is funny that already we've heard about: the field, a player who should play more on offense, and a great defense that stopped the rock in the red zone but "it was our fault for not converting in our red zone" mentality.

Congrats to the winners.
Hatz Wrote:Congrats Rock! Once more proving they are looking more and more like the Rock of old.

It is funny that already we've heard about: the field, a player who should play more on offense, and a great defense that stopped the rock in the red zone but "it was our fault for not converting in our red zone" mentality.

Congrats to the winners.

Pretty sure no one is making excuses, the better team won. Nice try though.
Special circustances sent me Hazard to watch this game instead of Harlan to watch Knox. Here are some very unbiased observations:

1. As already stated, not punting early in the game deep in your own territory or poor strategy. Not giving Robinson the Ball is tough to understand. And that goofy defense where your lineman hop around like bunnies against a 3 back offense that is getting ready to power over you is nonsense.

2. PCC was still in the game in the 4th quarter despite 5 key dropped passes that would have kept drives alive and likely ended in scores. I wish they would have missed those passes against Knox.

3. The war in the trenches was owned by Rock. The Lake brothers penetrated all night and had their way making holes on offense. A simple full back dive was a back breaker several times for agains PCC defense; credit that to the Rock O-line.

The fact that Rowe did not play was the real explanation point to me. He would have added points to the Rock total. The protection was not there for the PCC QB and his recievers let him down when it was there.

Congrats to Rock - well done.
^What did you think about the gambling mentality of Coach Haddix?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Now, as for the pcc-ROCK game. I wasn't there and have seen no of the actual action, but from what I can tell from the initial posts in this thread...
1) Rock played good (w/out Rowe)
2) PCC played bad (Of course they did)
3) Game could have been worse if not for PCC's D stepping up and making 3 stops to force turn over on downs
4) Game could have been much closer if PCC hadn't played bad and turned the ball over twice inside their own 20 (Nothing to do with Rock's D stepping up)
5) PCC didn't show up, doesn't play well in the rain, etc (Hope it's sunny and mild come playoff time)
6) The game wasn't really that bad (Really? Really? Really)

Sounds to me like a large dose of reality was served tonight, and perhaps at some point the crow will be swallowed. I guess if we go back through the 500 posts plus, at least one person predicted a large win................oh yeah, that was laker20 who said 8+ minimum.........

See you next week Rock........Go Lakers:Cheerlead
^In the Pickem, Zaga predicted 90-0 Wink I am sure that was a joke though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I really hope your joking.

Joking...........YEAH, I'm joking.Confusednicker:
ah boys...
^I had to start off with that one....
serious post to follow
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Pretty sure no one is making excuses, the better team won. Nice try though.

I guess I misread these:

Perry CANNOT play on wet fields.

. Perry played absolutely atrocious.

We turned the ball over twice inside our own 20. Their turnover on downs was because our D stepped up

but i would really like to see this game played on a dry field.

but the truth is perry beat their self.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next