Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me?
Or is Herman Cain sounding better and better? His 999 plan sounds pretty valid to me. I'm still with Newt, but Herm is gaining.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Or is Herman Cain sounding better and better? His 999 plan sounds pretty valid to me. I'm still with Newt, but Herm is gaining.
Newt lost my trust when he sat on a couch and made a joint pitch in favor of wasting money fighting alleged man-made global warming. I have always liked the Hermanator but neither he nor Newt have any shot at the nomination, IMO. Obama's pitiful performance and his pandering to black voters has poisoned the well for black candidates in either party. That's wrong and unfortunate timing for Herman Cain, but the independents and Republicans who thought Obama was above racial politics have been seriously disappointed.

In a race between Obama and a generic GOP candidate, I will go with generic over name brand, and it really does not matter who the Republicans run. I believe that a sizable majority of Americans will feel the same way in November 2012.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Newt lost my trust when he sat on a couch and made a joint pitch in favor of wasting money fighting alleged man-made global warming. I have always liked the Hermanator but neither he nor Newt have any shot at the nomination, IMO. Obama's pitiful performance and his pandering to black voters has poisoned the well for black candidates in either party. That's wrong and unfortunate timing for Herman Cain, but the independents and Republicans who thought Obama was above racial politics have been seriously disappointed.

In a race between Obama and a generic GOP candidate, I will go with generic over name brand, and it really does not matter who the Republicans run. I believe that a sizable majority of Americans will feel the same way in November 2012.
We HOPE that a sizable majority of Americans will feel the same way.

For the record, I love Herman Cain. Cain makes the most sense to me, doesnt beat around the bush, use the ol "if Im elected, Ill sleep with the constitution in my bed every day and every night, hug it, squeeze it, blah blah blah" garbage that you hear from four or five of the others, nor does he dance around questions when asked, and he is sharp. Very sharp. I dont think he has much of a shot, but I would be absolutely thrilled to cast my vote for him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Newt lost my trust when he sat on a couch and made a joint pitch in favor of wasting money fighting alleged man-made global warming. I have always liked the Hermanator but neither he nor Newt have any shot at the nomination, IMO. Obama's pitiful performance and his pandering to black voters has poisoned the well for black candidates in either party. That's wrong and unfortunate timing for Herman Cain, but the independents and Republicans who thought Obama was above racial politics have been seriously disappointed.

I have forgiven Newt for the couch sitting with Pelosi. A few mistakes have got to be forgiven IMO. Newt's knowledge, experience and what seems to be a real urge to serve our country outweighs his mistakes. I honestly believe that no one in the race is anywhere near the statesman he is. But it is a matter of opinion.

We have GOT to stop settling for less for a victory.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I have forgiven Newt for the couch sitting with Pelosi. A few mistakes have got to be forgiven IMO. Newt's knowledge, experience and what seems to be a real urge to serve our country outweighs his mistakes. I honestly believe that no one in the race is anywhere near the statesman he is. But it is a matter of opinion.

We have GOT to stop settling for less for a victory.
I can forgive mistakes by others but I am not convinced that Newt believes the Pelosi commercial was really a mistake, except that it robbed him of the political support of most conservatives, which he now needs. Newt articulates the American dream and the force for good that the United States has been throughout most of its history (not sure about these past few years) better than anybody else that I have heard speak. He is just not electable because people like me no longer trust him not to cut deals with the far left wing of the Democratic Party.

I defended Newt against the ridiculous character assassination attempts by liberals for many years. I watched most of the American History class that he taught while he was a Congressman and he is an outstanding college professor. (Liberals attacked him for the class, or the way that it was funded, and made it part of the bogus ethics charges against him.)

Finally, although I have great respect for Gingrich's intellect, his ego is roughly the size of the one that Obama's pencil neck supports. That is the main reason that I do not believe that he can be elected. He sometimes lectures with the same kind of arrogance that I see in Obama. Newt has the intellect, experience, and accomplishments to warrant a certain feeling of superiority, but letting that attitude come through in political speeches irritate most voters over a long campaign and makes him a very long shot to win the nomination, IMO.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I can forgive mistakes by others but I am not convinced that Newt believes the Pelosi commercial was really a mistake, except that it robbed him of the political support of most conservatives, which he now needs. Newt articulates the American dream and the force for good that the United States has been throughout most of its history (not sure about these past few years) better than anybody else that I have heard speak. He is just not electable because people like me no longer trust him not to cut deals with the far left wing of the Democratic Party.

I defended Newt against the ridiculous character assassination attempts by liberals for many years. I watched most of the American History class that he taught while he was a Congressman and he is an outstanding college professor. (Liberals attacked him for the class, or the way that it was funded, and made it part of the bogus ethics charges against him.)

Finally, although I have great respect for Gingrich's intellect, his ego is roughly the size of the one that Obama's pencil neck supports. That is the main reason that I do not believe that he can be elected. He sometimes lectures with the same kind of arrogance that I see in Obama. Newt has the intellect, experience, and accomplishments to warrant a certain feeling of superiority, but letting that attitude come through in political speeches irritate most voters over a long campaign and makes him a very long shot to win the nomination, IMO.
Oh I agree that he won't be electable, and that's what discourages me.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Oh I agree that he won't be electable, and that's what discourages me.
I have found that most of the people who I would really like to see become president are not electable. :biggrin:

Ronald Reagan was probably the only exception to that rule and I don't see any Reagans on the horizon riding to rescue our economy.

Because of their financial experience, I think that a Romney/Cain ticket would be great - but Cain might do more good as the replacement for Ben Bernanke as Fed Chairman.