Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No respect for Elam
I have worked for the Knox County School System on separate occasions in the past four and a half years. I have also seen how another school system and sports are handled several of them going to state with one winning. Over the past few days I have heard the rummor mill going saying Elam needs to go at KC. What is this. He has had two down years after about four where KC was a legit threat for the Region title. I don't understand by the fans are getting on Elam. It is not Elam's fault that:
- Kris Mills (I think one of the most under rated players to come out of the 13th because he is 5'8) was better then the other players and was able to start all four years there. But as a result of this some of the current Barbourville Seniors parents who at the the time played in the county system choose to send their kids to the city school. These kids played for the county and were better then their teammates who are not KC's players. So it makes sense that KC does not have the best players in the county.
- I don't see why parents feel that starting for four years is what you should want in a school.
- I also don't get why people are getting on Elam? didn't he just win two District titles and was Region runner up to a tough Rockcastel Team?

Let me ask a question
When was the last Region win for Barbourville and Dinky?

Nobody questions that because in theory everybody says Knox Central is bigger and has better athletes. So here is another question. How is Hazard who is in the same city as a 3a Perry Central (about the same size at knox) is able to win the All A tourny and be able to compete on a year in-year out basis able to do that?

Just some ramdon thoughts :beerwez: