Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK lands Archie Goodwin
As the #13th ranked player in the Espn top 100 is Kentuckys first commitment for the 2012 class. There will be many more spots to fill, i myself will be very excited as the recruitment process continues..

whats are your thoughts?
Very talented ball player...

Great news. It seems like everyone was figuring that Goodwin would be our first commit of that class, so it would've been a little disappointing if he had gone elsewhere.

Now, as for Perry Ellis tomorrow, I don't expect him to throw his lot with Kentucky. So if he does, it will be a pleasant surprise.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Agreed. I'd rather have Coleman though anyway. Cals top target in this class is Shabazz and that dude can play. Going to be tough to get a commitment from him though. But if anyone can do it, it's Cal.
UK landing Archie Goodwin kinda helps out UK with Shabazz Muhammad.

Read a interview piece saying that Shabazz really wants to play with Goodwin.

Either way, Archie Goodwin is a very good key piece for the 2012 class.

Score!
Very nice pick up for Cal.

Now the dominos should begin to fall.
#3 SG in the nation.

Guy can play.
Quote:UK landing Archie Goodwin kinda helps out UK with Shabazz Muhammad.

Read a interview piece saying that Shabazz really wants to play with Goodwin.

Either way, Archie Goodwin is a very good key piece for the 2012 class.

Score!

kinda, but not really. i think you have the players mixed up with the interview pieces because i read differently. although Archie and Shabazz are good friends, its Kyle Anderson that signed with ucla that i read Shabazz wants to play with and had been talking about it, says they have grown a strong friendship over the past 3 years while playing in tourneys. so who knows what will happen. im hoping Cal can get him though.
looks pretty tough to stop
they are really ticked at him here in Arkansas, been on radio all day, i love it,lol,go CATS..
The start of another great class.
Axel Foley Wrote:The start of another great class.

I hope so..
I don't have a good feeling about this class - I think this will be one of Cal's weaker classes to have at UK..
But who knows - may be able to keep Lamb and a few others for a while to build on.
Nah man, well be fine. This kid is rated in the teens but IMO he's a top 5 player in this class. We have a good chance at getting Shabazz(best player in the class), Poythress, Coleman, and McGary. That's another #1 recruiting class if we get 3/4 of them + we already got Goodwin.
Goodwin is great but I want Shabazz!
MVP2 Wrote:Goodwin is great but I want Shabazz!

Yeah well, I want a million dollars too.
I don't think we will land Shabazz, just IMO tho.
Aslan Wrote:The top recruiter guys are saying UK is in the lead for him.

That's usually good.
But a guy can change his mind in the blink of an eye..
T. Jones and Washington for an example.. lol
Aslan Wrote:The top recruiter guys are saying UK is in the lead for him.

:Thumbs:
I think the Cats land Shabazz and Coleman.

Anyone think we have a legitmate shot at McGray or Polland?
^ I thought Shabazz was already in the fold????
be nice to grabe shabazz and coleman!
MVP2 Wrote:I think the Cats land Shabazz and Coleman.

Anyone think we have a legitmate shot at McGray or Polland?

I think we have a better shot at McGray and Polland than Coleman. Going to be hard to steal Coleman from Syracuse because he's right in their back yard. But if anyone can do it, it's Cal.
For some reason I just think Cal lands Coleman. but I hope me and you are both right so we'll have them all. Big Grin
Great pickup still got some work to do.
We really need Shabazz!! McGary cancelled on coming to our Midnight Madness which I think is not a good sign. It sounds like McGary will end up at either Duke or Michigan reading some blogs. What about Devonta Pollard #2 SF) is leaning towards Texas or Kentucky. I think after BBM we get commitments from Pothryess, Pollard and Willie Cauley and hopefully Shabazz.