Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort at Lexington Christian 9/23
Who wins and Why?
Frankfort needs this win bad. Sounds as it the fans are turning against the coaches. Foley will have his hands full trying to keep this ship floating with another loss. Parents and supports are already calling for Foley to bring Hawkins back to take of the offensive play calling. Losing is something the folks in Frankfort are not use too.

As for LCA did they lose their QB? That may be a tough thing to over come if he is unable to play.

Both teams are young and should be a dog fight.
This may be a good game to watch both teams looking to get back on track!
lexington christian wins in a close game
fhs 32-31
Frankfort wins by 14. LCA is way down and I mean WAY down.
QBCoach Wrote:Losing is something the folks in Frankfort are not use too.

what happened during the 90's? Haha just messin with ya :biggrin:

I agree though, Frankfort could use a win here, especially since they went 0-2 against the city rivals.

LCA is struggling this year, and that might be an understatement

Frankfort by 2 scores
FHS is gonna do fine this year. They are having some growing pains for sure, but the coaches there will be getting them going by district time.

QB Coach--- As for Hawkins, he is very happy doing what he does in Louisville.
coach4life Wrote:FHS is gonna do fine this year. They are having some growing pains for sure, but the coaches there will be getting them going by district time.

QB Coach--- As for Hawkins, he is very happy doing what he does in Louisville.

Never said Hawkins was not happy in Louisville. I was just saying Foley is getting pressure to bring Hawkins in to take over the offense. Point production has been low this season in Frankort.
QBCoach Wrote:Never said Hawkins was not happy in Louisville. I was just saying Foley is getting pressure to bring Hawkins in to take over the offense. Point production has been low this season in Frankort.

speaking of hawkins, how's the young gun doing at QB or where ever he's playing now?

no need for an update on phil, i know he's doing pretty good
I am going with FH on this one. This should be a Good game with both Teams being Young. But i don't think LCC can handle the Speed that FH has.
FH-24
LCC-17
toussaints Wrote:speaking of hawkins, how's the young gun doing at QB or where ever he's playing now?

no need for an update on phil, i know he's doing pretty good

I was at the FCHS game and he was playing TE? Not sure why?
having not followed Frankfort much, who is Hawkins and why would he be playing anywhere else. Also, has the dad as one post alluded to called plays in the past and if so why did he leave.
comeonman Wrote:having not followed Frankfort much, who is Hawkins and why would he be playing anywhere else. Also, has the dad as one post alluded to called plays in the past and if so why did he leave.

The dad was very successful at the middle school. He rebuilt the middle school program from nothing in 3 years. The parents of the younger kids are loyal to him. The junior class below are kids he coached and parents he built relationships with. They are the ones with the talent and putting the pressure on the head coach to bring on staff.

His son was the starting QB that has since been moved to tightend.
The middle school coach is being disloyal and counterproductive if he doesn't deflect the parents criticism of Foley. If he's a great coach who wants a career in coaching and Foley can't use him then go to some other school, don't undermine Foley.
Lexington Christian rebounds after a tough loss and wins.
I agree I think that the middle school coach is being disloyal and I hope that Foley doesn't buckle under the presure and bring him on as any type of coach. Let him stay in Louisville. Good Luck Foley and staff with that young team look forward to a good game on Friday!
QBCoach Wrote:The dad was very successful at the middle school. He rebuilt the middle school program from nothing in 3 years. The parents of the younger kids are loyal to him. The junior class below are kids he coached and parents he built relationships with. They are the ones with the talent and putting the pressure on the head coach to bring on staff.

His son was the starting QB that has since been moved to tightend.

Hawkins Isnt That Good Of A Qb And Unless He loss Some Weight That A Very Heavy Tightend
Loveofthegame Wrote:I agree I think that the middle school coach is being disloyal and I hope that Foley doesn't buckle under the presure and bring him on as any type of coach. Let him stay in Louisville. Good Luck Foley and staff with that young team look forward to a good game on Friday!

There's a big difference between being disloyal and just taking a bigger and better opportunity. The middle school big Hawkins teaches and coaches at is a feeder into Ballard and Eastern High Schools. A lot of kids, and a better chance at getting noticed as a head coach. It's not like he just quit, he had an opportunity and he took it, nothing wrong with that.
I don't think Hawkins is undermining Foley. I am just saying parents are wanting him on staff.

Hawkins is good coach and good guy.
Hawkins is Foley's biggest fan. I do not know where the disloyalty thing came from. The reason Hawkins has not deflected the parents is that Hawkins does not even know what anyone is saying because he is not around each day. As a matter of fact, Hawkins comes and does their stats for them on Friday nights. I do not believe that anyone has an issue with Foley as far as I know. As a matter of fact, Hawkins spends a lot of time helping at Frankfort even though he is coaching elsewhere.
rebel 4 life Wrote:Hawkins Isnt That Good Of A Qb And Unless He loss Some Weight That A Very Heavy Tightend
Rebel for life. You are killing me. Hawkins coached your beloved Rebels that are Jr's and Seniors from the 3rd grade until they where 8th graders. What is the high school record now. Enough said.

And he is 6'2 240 and benches nearly 300lbs. He had 5 tackles and 2 receptions last week, one for a conversion, as Tight end. He also blocks his butt off.
rebel 4 life Wrote:Hawkins Isnt That Good Of A Qb And Unless He loss Some Weight That A Very Heavy Tightend

you need to quit stalking chris
toussaints Wrote:you need to quit stalking chris
That's what I am thinking too! Toussaints!
toussaints Wrote:There's a big difference between being disloyal and just taking a bigger and better opportunity. The middle school big Hawkins teaches and coaches at is a feeder into Ballard and Eastern High Schools. A lot of kids, and a better chance at getting noticed as a head coach. It's not like he just quit, he had an opportunity and he took it, nothing wrong with that.

So I guess you didn't actually read my post. I suggested he take a job somewhere besides Frankfort. I don't live in Frankfort, I said IF he isn't deflecting the parents.
i have lca in this one and by more than you would think
Iam4thecats Wrote:So I guess you didn't actually read my post. I suggested he take a job somewhere besides Frankfort. I don't live in Frankfort, I said IF he isn't deflecting the parents.

no i read your post, and i replied to loveofthegame's post
I am taking LCA in this one. Sounds if FHS ship is falling apart and becoming team divided.

LCA 35
FHS 14
If the Hawkins kid is 6'2 then something is wrong. The kid is 5'8 MAX.
Frankfort 27
LCA 20 TongueirateSho