Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archbishop Moeller (Ohio) 21 St. Xavier 10
Pretty competitive match-up. Still makes me believe X can compete with the rocks
Stardust Wrote:Pretty competitive match-up. Still makes me believe X can compete with the rocks

I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if this year's score is worse than the 35-7 thumping last year. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.
Moe is one of the better teams here in Ohio.
Monty Madaris proved too much for St. Xavier High School’s football team to handle Friday night.

Cincinnati Moeller’s outstanding wide receiver caught three long touchdown passes in a 27-10 victory by the host Crusaders (4-0).

Madaris — who is being recruited by several FBS schools, including Nebraska — hauled in a 46-yard scoring pass from Spencer Iacovone in the first quarter and 80- and 48-yard TD passes from Ricky Davis in the second half.

In all he caught seven passes for 206 yards.

The Tigers (2-3) pulled within 14-10 in the third quarter on Brad Schickel’s 27-yard field goal, a 48-yard TD pass from Alex Mattingly to Charles Walker and Schickel’s extra point.

Madaris then scored his two second-half TDs to put the game away.

Walker was St. X’s leading rusher with 61 yards on 13 attempts.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Moe is one of the better teams here in Ohio.

And they get Trinity at the right time, week 10. It doesn't matter how good or bad Moeller is, for some reason, they make things difficult for really good offenses late in the season. They just have trouble winning in the playoffs now Confusedhh: