Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 47 Southwestern 46
Final.
Defense?
LWC Wrote:Defense?

Why bother?
Talk about a crazy but, heartbreaking ending for the Warriors! The Warriors were up by 6 with I believe 1:12 on the clock and Danville had the ball. Danville funbles but, Tryston Ford(Danville) recovered the ball and took it 60 yards for the TD and then it got confusing because he show-boated and high-steps for last 10-15 yards of the run and flags went flying. I thought they were going to call the play back because of unsportmanslike conduct and excessive celebrating but they somehow called a personal foul on the Warriors which I did not see! The Warriors made a good effort to try and retake the lead with the 52 seconds that they had to work with but, they fell short. The Warriors led for 47:08 of this game! IMO, I think that the play should have been called back! Keep your heads up SW!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Can a play be called back for showboating? I didn't think that was possible.
If this one is shown on tv I would love a copy.
^Me too.
LWC Wrote:Can a play be called back for showboating? I didn't think that was possible.

I am not entirely sure, I was talking to some people working the game and they were unsure. I was told that this rule had been passed but they're weren't sure if it was in Kentucky or somewhere else. All I know is that the original call seemed as if the play was being called back and then the refs' final decision was a personal foul on Southwestern.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Sounds like a crazy ending to a great game.

When was the last time all three Pulaski Co schools lost on the same night?
Ford was showboating on his way into the end zone and a flag was thrown, but it was a personal foul against SW. IMO, I thought a flag should have been thrown.
BUt the Warriors could not tackle and stop the Admirals' speed. The only bright spot for the Warriors was senior RB Dustin Powell, who scored 5 TDs and had 221 yards.
Both sides missed tons of tackles. Who is OC throwing the ball when your up 12 with 6 min to go. Get the time off the board. That is a time when three things can happen when throwing the ball and one of the two bad things did happen. Even if you turn the ball over on downs Danville has to drive the ball the length of the field and then get the ball again.
Congrats Admirals, i was wrong on this one
Congrats ADS.
LWC Wrote:Can a play be called back for showboating? I didn't think that was possible.

This rule was passed in college not high school.it went into affect this season.
Here's the article from the AM:

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...3159.story

So, a kid does all this for a team with all those injuries and most of the debate is about a "showboating" on the big comeback vs. a 5A school???

Amazing. :Sad04:
Hatz Wrote:Here's the article from the AM:

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...3159.story

So, a kid does all this for a team with all those injuries and most of the debate is about a "showboating" on the big comeback vs. a 5A school???

Amazing. :Sad04:

Should been a flag, doesn't matter what he done that is a seperate issue. Great player and the stats do not lie he must be a heck of a athlete but that doesn't give him a free pass to act in a unsportsmanlike manner and showboat, not too classy.
leecoukfan Wrote:Talk about a crazy but, heartbreaking ending for the Warriors! The Warriors were up by 6 with I believe 1:12 on the clock and Danville had the ball. Danville funbles but, Tryston Ford(Danville) recovered the ball and took it 60 yards for the TD and then it got confusing because he show-boated and high-steps for last 10-15 yards of the run and flags went flying. I thought they were going to call the play back because of unsportmanslike conduct and excessive celebrating but they somehow called a personal foul on the Warriors which I did not see! The Warriors made a good effort to try and retake the lead with the 52 seconds that they had to work with but, they fell short. The Warriors led for 47:08 of this game! IMO, I think that the play should have been called back! Keep your heads up SW!

If It Would Be For excessive celebrating it would be taking on the kickoff not bring back a touchdown
Gummie Bear Wrote:Should been a flag, doesn't matter what he done that is a seperate issue. Great player and the stats do not lie he must be a heck of a athlete but that doesn't give him a free pass to act in a unsportsmanlike manner and showboat, not too classy.

If he did that, and I have no reason to doubt you that he did, then by all means the flag should have been thrown.

However the penalty would NOT have negated the TD.

I just find it ironic that so much has been posted on this thread by some on this issue and little if anything was cited or noted about what the young man did to "take the game away" from Southwestern with his heart and skill.

As to the classy, I tend to look the other way sometimes when talking about High School kids. Shoot, I remember Gus Parks sliding in on his knees 6 times against Boyle my freshman year and showing our trailing defenders the ball back in '77.

Never got a flag, hated it then and now I laugh about it.

(Probably because we shut him out the next year :biggrinSmile
How serious is the injuries to the Danville players, and who was injuried?
GetChili Wrote:BUt the Warriors could not tackle and stop the Admirals' speed. The only bright spot for the Warriors was senior RB Dustin Powell, who scored 5 TDs and had 221 yards.

Obviously, since I am a player dad, I will get some crap over this, but as bad as I hated that we gave this game away, I think that there was another bright spot last night besides just Dustin Powell. I saw this same quote in the paper today and after seeing it again, just had to comment.

Zack Turpin, who has been the starting QB for Southwestern for the last two seasons, took the field for the first time last night after breaking his thumb in summer baseball. He had not taken a snap in eight weeks before this week. Playing just six series, roughly half the game, he went 8-12 with 127 yards passing, 57 yards rushing, led four of our five touchdown drives.

Myself, as well as many SW fans who told me so, and the radio announcers on Q97, felt that he had a great first game back and was indeed a bright spot.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:How serious is the injuries to the Danville players, and who was injuried?

It's in the article I posted. Alcorn has a hurt back and didn't play at all. Don't know what the long term prognosis is. According to the paper I believe there was another one or so our with injuries.
Danville turns it over four times on the road without their starting QB, and they still win the game.

Southwestern seems to find new and unique ways to lose games.

Congrats, Ads.
Zack Turpin had a really nice game in his first game back, it looked as if he hadn't missed a beat. I believe that he solidified himself as the starter after his performance against the Ads.
SW fans need to stop worrying about the non flag and start worrying about the OC and his playcalling late in the game.