Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 71 Mason County 8
Highlands puts up 34 in the 1st Quarter and started putting in the reserves during the 2nd Quarter. Highlands led 51-0 at Halftime.

The Highlands reserves outscored and actually beat the Mason County starters.

Patrick Towles: 13-17, 250+ yards, 1 TD in just a little over a quarter of play.
What kind of stats did HHS's backup QB put up? He's pretty impressive.
I think the first string only played 1 qtr. The 5th and 6th string was still running it up and down the field.
congrats to Highlands
Saw 4-6 good players (won't mention names) go off the field tonight injured. Didn't look like good injuries either. I still say this is what happens when you play down to your competition. This game had the atmosphere and excitement of a backyard game on a tuesday afternoon. Birds never ran the ball once in the 1st half. Unbelievable. Nice fans and very hospitable. I am a Mason County fan now. Nice chattin' with ya Charlie. You're such a pleasure conversing with......
Congrats Highlands!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Highlands puts up 34 in the 1st Quarter and started putting in the reserves during the 2nd Quarter. Highlands led 51-0 at Halftime.

The Highlands reserves outscored and actually beat the Mason County starters.

Patrick Towles: 13-17, 250+ yards, 1 TD in just a little over a quarter of play.

Someone said Towles played all but the last play of the second quarter and never came back and had 5 TD passes.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Saw 4-6 good players (won't mention names) go off the field tonight injured. Didn't look like good injuries either. I still say this is what happens when you play down to your competition. This game had the atmosphere and excitement of a backyard game on a tuesday afternoon. Birds never ran the ball once in the 1st half. Unbelievable. Nice fans and very hospitable. I am a Mason County fan now. Nice chattin' with ya Charlie. You're such a pleasure conversing with......

You can count on mason fans an players being good sports an always hospitable. A1 program in maysville.
CONGRATS Highlands. Not a surprise though.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Saw 4-6 good players (won't mention names) go off the field tonight injured. Didn't look like good injuries either. I still say this is what happens when you play down to your competition. This game had the atmosphere and excitement of a backyard game on a tuesday afternoon. Birds never ran the ball once in the 1st half. Unbelievable. Nice fans and very hospitable. I am a Mason County fan now. Nice chattin' with ya Charlie. You're such a pleasure conversing with......

Were you at the game? I don't recall seeing you there. Maybe next time.
charlie22 Wrote:Were you at the game? I don't recall seeing you there. Maybe next time.

You're one of his "imaginary" friends Chuck.Confusedhh:
As I said, the HHS Frosh could have went and made this game a mockery
charlie22 Wrote:Were you at the game? I don't recall seeing you there. Maybe next time.

Hopefully. I asked you about the Trinity score.....had a Bo Sox hat on and a blue vest. Had 20" biceps and was very good looking, too. I thought you were just giving me the cold shoulder like your wife does everytime I say hi to her.
Bob Seger Wrote:You're one of his "imaginary" friends Chuck.Confusedhh:

And here I thought they canned your pointless......
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Hopefully. I asked you about the Trinity score.....had a Bo Sox hat on and a blue vest. Had 20" biceps and was very good looking, too. I thought you were just giving me the cold shoulder like your wife does everytime I say hi to her.
And IQ.

See, I told you that they all think you're a dang nut.:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:See, I told you that they all think you're a dang nut.:popcorn:
Confusednicker:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:And here I thought they canned your pointless......

One of these days you'll figure out that's where all of your problems begin.:yikes:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Hopefully. I asked you about the Trinity score.....had a Bo Sox hat on and a blue vest. Had 20" biceps and was very good looking, too. I thought you were just giving me the cold shoulder like your wife does everytime I say hi to her.

Some people are that way. They keep their friendship to people they respect. Some folks don't respect or accept people that act childish and try to stir the pot for entertainment value.

Live your life the way you want; just don't whine when people don't like it.

I kind of remember you now. What threw me off was you had a young child with you. Based on your posts, I'd have never guessed you were old enough to be a father.

I'm sure they're all excited about that.:yawn:
charlie22 Wrote:Some people are that way. They keep their friendship to people they respect. Some folks don't respect or accept people that act childish and try to stir the pot for entertainment value.

I kind of remember you now. What threw me off was you had a young child with you. Based on your posts, I'd have never guessed you were old enough to be a father.

I still respect your knowledge of the game. Have a good day.
charlie22 Wrote:Some people are that way. They keep their friendship to people they respect. Some folks don't respect or accept people that act childish and try to stir the pot for entertainment value.

I've missed you, Charlie. You've been rather quiet the last few weeks. Where have you been?
Birds' Defense scored on the 3rd play of the game. While their Offense scored on their 1st play from scrimmage. Pretty much set the tone for the night.

Looking forward to the new and improved CovCath! :yawn:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I still respect your knowledge of the game. Have a good day.

And you do the same.
charlie22 Wrote:And you do the same.

I will....The lines have been drawn and now it's officially on.:Thumbs:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I will....The lines have been drawn and now it's officially on.:Thumbs:

Do what you want. I don't have the time or desire to play silly games and don't like hanging around those that do.
BADCAT74 Wrote:You can count on mason fans an players being good sports an always hospitable. A1 program in maysville.
CONGRATS Highlands. Not a surprise though.

Then you haven't been to Mason Co when they host the 10th region boys basketball tourney if you think they are always hospitable and good sports.
How is Patrick Towles ranked below Zeke Pike?!?! I'll never understand that. Towles should be a four-star or five-star prospect. Pike should be a three-star prospect at best.
NCC41 Wrote:Someone said Towles played all but the last play of the second quarter and never came back and had 5 TD passes.

You heard correct. I was there for all of the first half.
Well I was almost right with my prediction of Highlands winning 70-0! :biggrin:

Congrats Bluebirds!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I was off by 1 point each side, predicting a 70-7 final.
Mason isn't a bad drive from Ft. Thomas either. With all the traffic around here these days, I didn't mind a game in Mason.