Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 17 Cincy St. Xavier 7
Final

Quick & Smith score for Trinity in this one.

St. X played some great defense the whole game and I'm actually surprised that Trinity didn't get to blow this one open because they controlled the time of possession.

St. X's offense never really could get anything going until late in the game.

Congrats Rocks!
Congrats Trinity, way to represent Kentucky.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Final. I thought Trinity would have scored a little bit more than this.
Love when a Ky team beats an Ohio team.:ChairHit:
Congrads Trinity
Props to KY football, nice job Shamrocks.
Huge win for the Shamrocks. Knew they would have their hands full in this one. St Xavier has a really nice looking offense. Impressive that the Rocks held them to 7. This could be the best team in the states history.
9/16/2011
Trinity 17 Cincinnati St. Xavier 7

Trinity 7 0 0 10 17
Cincinnati St. Xavier 0 0 0 7 7
Scoring summary:
T--M.Smith pass from T.Wright (B.Shoptaw kick); T--J.Quick 36 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick); T--Shoptaw 21 field goal; CSX--T.Kilgore 11 pass from G.Dolle (N.Roemer kick).
Records: Trinity 4-0, Cincinnati St. Xavier 3-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1YD0eyUPz
National Champions?
I think so.
With the big play capability Trinity has, holding them to 2 TDs is quite an accomplishment. X must have a tremendous defense.
Way to represent KY Football Shamrocks. Congrats!!!!
In this battle of KY vs. OH, the Bluegrass wins again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If St. Xavier had a good quarterback I think they win this game.

St. Xavier's defense done a excellent job all night against the run and pass, but Quick got loose once and made a catch over 3-4 defenders for a touchdown. The other touchdown was a wide open Smith off a wheel route.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If St. Xavier had a good quarterback I think they win this game.

St. Xavier's defense done a excellent job all night against the run and pass, but Quick got loose once and made a catch over 3-4 defenders for a touchdown. The other touchdown was a wide open Smith off a wheel route.

St. X does have an excellent defense. What you are missing, is that Trinity has one as well. Yes the X qb missed some throws early but Trinity was everywhere defensively as was the St.X defense for that matter. Good football game to take in.

Of the teams I've seen this season around the country, Trinity would be number 2.
Glad this one played out like it did.
nptb17 Wrote:St. X does have an excellent defense. What you are missing, is that Trinity has one as well. Yes the X qb missed some throws early but Trinity was everywhere defensively as was the St.X defense for that matter. Good football game to take in.

Of the teams I've seen this season around the country, Trinity would be number 2.

And who would be number 1?
I knew St. X would keep Trinity's explosive offense from going nuts on them. It's just the way Specht sets his defense up, it's hard to run/pass a quick offense on them. Trinity's defense did a great job of shutting down X.

Trinity now has to get ready for a tough game with Indy Cathedral, then finish the season, but I don't see any team on their schedule beating them. Depending on the playoff situation for Moeller, I could see them give Trinity a scare, but other than that, Trinity is on their way to 14-0
Congrats Trinity.
I think that this game proves that Trinity is one of the top teams in the nations!!!

Congrats Shamrocks!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON