Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Mountain teams after week 4
Hey just gonna throw this out there, but I think Jenkins may have a good chance at being in the top next year, They have showed much improvement this year. South floyd 48-46, and Paintsville 15-12. These were two really close games. Maggard has done a really good job with the football program there, I'm looking forward to their progress.
I think we all need to take a step back, have a group hug, and hum a couple of bars of kumbaya.......

We're arguing about who caught the biggest fish and haven't even dropped the boat in yet.....This will all be sorted out in due time, Til then let's all just get a longneck.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:I would say a state semifinal appearance in just three years as a school is a good reason for people to believe in Harlan County.

As for who they have beaten, I would say Pulaski County, Letcher Central, Perry Central, Whitley County, Southwestern and Clay County is a pretty impressive list.

To say Harlan County should play up makes no sense, as they can't play up against any team in southeastern Kentucky.

I'm not saying that Harlan County should play up in class, they can schedule the likes of a Beechwood (1A) and I'm sure Beechwood would give the Bears fits.

However, getting blown out by Pulaski last season and then coming back and beating them in the playoffs was impressive, but Pulaski hasn't proved anything either and neither has Letcher, Perry, Whitley, Southwestern or Clay County. That's usually the weakest district in 5A. But winning a district championship is winning a district championship.

I don't have anything against Harlan County, and I have the upmost respect for Larkey, as he's a great coach and has already done some great things with the HC program. I'm just saying, what has Harlan County done lately that Belfry or Bell hasn't?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm just saying, what has Harlan County done lately that Belfry or Bell hasn't?

Not saying they have done anything that Bell or Belfry hasn't done. In fact, those teams have done things that Harlan County is yet to do. But, that doesn't mean that Harlan County isn't the better team this season.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:really????????

Take Harlan Co out of the top 10 and make all of you happy.
HAT51 Wrote:Take Harlan Co out of the top 10 and make all of you happy.

what ever floats ya boat!
Aslan Wrote:I don't mean to be a troll or anything, but I am an "expert", and Perry Central would beat Belfry by 2+ scores.

Massey ratings are also considered "expert" ratings and they suck ass. I wouldn't be so sure if I were you!Confusedhh:
long_time_pirate Wrote:Massey ratings are also considered "expert" ratings and they suck ass. I wouldn't be so sure if I were you!Confusedhh:

im sure ASLAN is right!:truestory:
Aslan Wrote:I don't mean to be a troll or anything, but I am an "expert", and Perry Central would beat Belfry by 2+ scores.

With a statement like that I am wondering what you are an "expert" in.
PCC will be a disappointment before the season is over. Mark this post.
They are extreeeeeeeemly overrated.
jetpilot Wrote:With a statement like that I am wondering what you are an "expert" in.

your EXTREEEEEEEEEEMLY ignorant for that post is all!:welcome:
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:As for who they have beaten, I would say Pulaski County, Letcher Central, Perry Central, Whitley County, Southwestern and Clay County is a pretty impressive list.

Not joining in the argument, but I noticed the Harlan Co Resume of teams we've beat (see bolded) is basically our schedule this year.....throw in Rockcastle and Knox Central and you just about have it, and we're 4A. So if we win out, can we be king?
:kneel:
PHSForever Wrote:....... Dude, are you for real? Yeah, it is in another county, not another country, and they are a good team. Good enough to beat Belfry this year? I don't know about that, but they are a good team. If you were being sarcastic, nevermind.

:hilarious:
i was saying country. are you from harlan.if so that explains it.
p burg hero Wrote:i was saying country. are you from harlan.if so that explains it.

What exactly are you saying there Hero?
Da Bears!!!! Bell co is no.1 in the mts. Until someone beats them! Period! That time is coming in Oct. HCHS will finally put the Bobcat jinx to rest this season. Both teams are very talented and will do very well in the playoffs, as will belfry. All 3 teams are great teams and have programs we can all be proud of!
redcody20 Wrote:Hey just gonna throw this out there, but I think Jenkins may have a good chance at being in the top next year, They have showed much improvement this year. South floyd 48-46, and Paintsville 15-12. These were two really close games. Maggard has done a really good job with the football program there, I'm looking forward to their progress.

Is everyone just being to nice tonigt or what? Jenkins ? For real? They beat south floyd and paintsville, barely! Now your talking about them being top in the mountains next year? Sorry my friend, but thats just wishful thinking.
Let them beat Harlan, Perry, PBurg, Somerset, or even Hazard then we can start talkig about Jenkins in this thread.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Is everyone just being to nice tonigt or what? Jenkins ? For real? They beat south floyd and paintsville, barely! Now your talking about them being top in the mountains next year? Sorry my friend, but thats just wishful thinking.
Let them beat Harlan, Perry, PBurg, Somerset, or even Hazard then we can start talkig about Jenkins in this thread.

LOL @ JENKINS
:biglmao:
p burg hero Wrote:i was saying country. are you from harlan.if so that explains it.
Read the end of my post where I said "are you being sarcastic". For you uneducated nitwits, THAT is sarcasm too. No, I am not from Harlan. Seeing that you are from Pburg, you don't have much leg to stand on, correcting someone else. How's that Floyd County burger-flipping degree program coming along?
PHSForever Wrote:Read the end of my post where I said "are you being sarcastic". For you uneducated nitwits, THAT is sarcasm too. No, I am not from Harlan. Seeing that you are from Pburg, you don't have much leg to stand on, correcting someone else. How's that Floyd County burger-flipping degree program coming along?

Typical comment from someone from Pikeville.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Typical comment from someone from Pikeville.
Just responding in kind to him. Typical comment for someone from Pburg against Harlan that pburg hero made, would that be fair of me to say? I know a TON of well-educated, highly intelligent, and hard working people from Pburg, and I also know a TON of people from Harlan that are the same way. I was just giving him a taste of what he threw out. If he can't take it (or you, for that matter), he shouldn't try to dish it out.
PHSForever Wrote:Just responding in kind to him. Typical comment for someone from Pburg against Harlan that pburg hero made, would that be fair of me to say? I know a TON of well-educated, highly intelligent, and hard working people from Pburg, and I also know a TON of people from Harlan that are the same way. I was just giving him a taste of what he threw out. If he can't take it (or you, for that matter), he shouldn't try to dish it out.

Yeah, but there is a difference when you're talking to an adult and a teenager.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah, but there is a difference when you're talking to an adult and a teenager.
If he is going to be on here, he needs to learn to show a little respect to other teams, fans, etc. I'll let it drop from here on out.
jetpilot Wrote:With a statement like that I am wondering what you are an "expert" in.

Guess you guys aren't much on sarcasm.

First of all P-burg has a very good football team and PCC does
to i lesten to there game and it was a great game PCC got the
win by the hair of there teeth what makes you thank they could
beat Belfry. It wouldn't be no different for PCC than it was for
P-burg friday night sorry but that my friend is the truth.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:First of all P-burg has a very good football team and PCC does
to i lesten to there game and it was a great game PCC got the
win by the hair of there teeth what makes you thank they could
beat Belfry. It wouldn't be no different for PCC than it was for
P-burg friday night sorry but that my friend is the truth.

first of all whats LESTEN? and when did teeth have hair? 2nd of all perry played didnt even come close to playn up to their ability against pburg! now that my friend is the truth!:welcome:

Yea, we suck, we haven't beat anyone. Give me a $%#&@! break dude.
^^Mark my post dude. Didn't say you sucked. But, you sure do have some extremely obnoxious fans on here.
jetpilot Wrote:^^Mark my post dude. Didn't say you sucked. But, you sure do have some extremely obnoxious fans on here.

I'm pretty sure Aslan was being sarcastic, but there are indeed a few I have no argument for.
haha...PCC will get a chance to prove me wrong...but they were lucky to beat P'burg with Jamerson out most of the game, at home...and got JC early...

I shouldn't say overrated but way too early to put the 'worldbeater' tag on PCC...but they do have a very nice team.
jetpilot Wrote:haha...PCC will get a chance to prove me wrong...but they were lucky to beat P'burg with Jamerson out most of the game, at home...and got JC early...

I shouldn't say overrated but way too early to put the 'worldbeater' tag on PCC...but they do have a very nice team.

I agree, there is a lot of season left to go, but overrated struck me as a little bit of a strong word to use seeing who we have beaten thus far this season.