Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:Bell has not lost a game to a mountain team since '06.. IDC if they lose to a Lexington team or any city school at that.. In the MOUNTAIN top 10.. Bell should be on top, until beaten by another MOUNTAIN team

couldnt agree more..............:Thumbs:
By that same logic if they went 0-10 against an all non-mountain schedule, they should still be #1?.... I think it's if you lose, you move down, that simple.
BelfryPirates Wrote:By that same logic if they went 0-10 against an all non-mountain schedule, they should still be #1?.... I think it's if you lose, you move down, that simple.

:Thumbs:
BelfryPirates Wrote:By that same logic if they went 0-10 against an all non-mountain schedule, they should still be #1?.... I think it's if you lose, you move down, that simple.

Impossible. If they are a mountain team, there going to be in a district with other mountain teams. So that point is useless.
Im sorry I dont see this arguement at all... I dont care if you lose to Allen Central or the #1 ranked team in the whole dang nation.... If you lose you move down.. doesnt matter who you lose to, or where that team is from.

Now if you lose to a strong team your rank will suffer FAR less than if you lost to a weak team. But that doesnt change the fact you LOST.

But saying just cause the loss came to Highlands, or someone outside the area they should keep the #1 spot... well thats just dumb and not how polls work.
Jon419 Wrote:Im sorry I dont see this arguement at all... I dont care if you lose to Allen Central or the #1 ranked team in the whole dang nation.... If you lose you move down.. doesnt matter who you lose to, or where that team is from.

Now if you lose to a strong team your rank will suffer FAR less than if you lost to a weak team. But that doesnt change the fact you LOST.

But saying just cause the loss came to Highlands, or someone outside the area they should keep the #1 spot... well thats just dumb and not how polls work.

This.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Impossible. If they are a mountain team, there going to be in a district with other mountain teams. So that point is useless.

He was using an example. He knows there's no way of that happening, but he used it to state his point.
Jon419 Wrote:Im sorry I dont see this arguement at all... I dont care if you lose to Allen Central or the #1 ranked team in the whole dang nation.... If you lose you move down.. doesnt matter who you lose to, or where that team is from.

I agree!
To my knowledge Mtn Top 10 are your Best Top teams. IMO Bell is the BEST until a Mtn team beats us.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:To my knowledge Mtn Top 10 are your Best Top teams. IMO Bell is the BEST until a Mtn team beats us.

I dont know why anyone would be upset with Bell being number one.
The thing i hate most about polls is just like jon said, if you lose you "move down"
Thats bull. Lex Cath would beat any mountain team this year. Dont punish Bell for having a tough schedule. Blame your team for playing cupcakes.
Look at it this way, Harlan Co. has a shot regardless. They play Bell this year. they'll get a chance to prove themselves against Bell. If they win then they'll move into the number one spot until someone in the mountains knocks them off. If they lose, then i guess your theories go all to hell. Atleast we wont be left wondering this year.
:dontthink
Since we are doing completely ridiculous hypotheticals, how about this. Every team in the mountains has at least 3 losses except Bell county. They play Highlands and lose by 1 point. Should Bell then move down in the rankings? That logic is completely ludacris.

I don't believe that only mountain teams should count but I do believe the strength of teams played should be considered. Bell hasn't lost to a mountain team since 2006. Harlan has played an easy schedule so far.

Can't wait for the Harlan, Bell game all these polls do are provide good debate.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:To my knowledge Mtn Top 10 are your Best Top teams. IMO Bell is the BEST until a Mtn team beats us.

harlan may take care of that for ya this year! maybe
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:harlan may take care of that for ya this year! maybe

i heard the same thing the last year as well. i am not saying harlan county cant beat bell, but every year there seems to be a school out there where the fans come on a message board and talk about knocking bell off the top. johnson central had several fans on wymt.com a few years ago saying the same thing... i havent heard them say anything in the past couple of years.
johnnyt Wrote:i heard the same thing the last year as well. i am not saying harlan county cant beat bell, but every year there seems to be a school out there where the fans come on a message board and talk about knocking bell off the top. johnson central had several fans on wymt.com a few years ago saying the same thing... i havent heard them say anything in the past couple of years.

only time will tell!!
I know this thread is a little older, but when reading some posts, i figured i wanted to say this.. Mountain Schools are comparable to a conference in college football.. I know Harlan Co beat bell, but lets say Bell is #1 in the conference.. If they lose to a team that is in that conference (in the mountains) then it counts against them and they move down in the standings of that conference as well as nationally (state). But if Bell loses to a Lexington team (a team not in the mountains) then they just move down in the state polls, not in the MOUNTAIN Top 10 (conference)
^
I think teams are a little more interested in a state championship than the mountain top 10 right now.