Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 42 - Campbell Co. 17
Camels made it interesting for the 1st quarter then the Breds just looked unstoppable
rough start for lickert at campbell county
^ I think he and Gross are both frustrated
9/2/2011
Newport Central Catholic 42 Campbell Co. 17

Campbell Co. 3 7 0 7 17
Newport Central Catholic 7 21 14 0 42
Scoring summary:
C--Grant Mahoney 32 field goal; N--Dylan Hayes 31 run (Matt Burns kick); N--Mason Myers 15 run (Burns kick); N--Hayes 15 pass from Brady Hightchew (Burns kick); N--Nick Woltermann 29 interception return (Burns kick); N--Hightchew 20 run (Burns kick); N--Myers 21 interception return (Burns kick); C--Tyler Durham 77 pass from Tyler Walsh (Mahoney kick); C--Tyler Durham 15 run (Stuart Knaley kick).
Records: Campbell Co. 0-3, Newport Central Catholic 3-0

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1Wt261800
Senior quarterback Brady Hightchew threw for one touchdown and ran for another to lead Newport Central Catholic (3-0) to the blowout win.

Hightchew threw for 134 yards and ran 13 times for 159 yards.
A sorry game to see.
The game was more like 42-10 with with NCC subing all night on DEF I guess because of heat and then Camels score driving down field and scoring on second and third team as they kept thier first team in. Might be a long year for CC.
I though it could have been much closer. A couple poor pass choices by a rookie QB that lead to 2 NCC interceptions and run back for touchdowns. A dropped pass in the end zone for a touchdown by the Camels. Dropped passed by tight end that would have more than likely went for a touch down. NCC was hands down the best team. I think the Camels have something to build on from this game.
Wideleft01 Wrote:A sorry game to see.
unless you're a NewCath fanConfusedhh:
walking tall Wrote:The game was more like 42-10 with with NCC subing all night on DEF I guess because of heat and then Camels score driving down field and scoring on second and third team as they kept thier first team in. Might be a long year for CC.

After 3 games, it already is!
campbell county plays a struggling Cooper next week. a loss to cooper could really set the camels back far.
toussaints Wrote:campbell county plays a struggling Cooper next week. a loss to cooper could really set the camels back far.

I think Cooper could be just what the Camels need. A potential win against an opponent of similar size.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I think Cooper could be just what the Camels need. A potential win against an opponent of similar size.

Agreed! CCHS played equal to Cov Cath and NCC in the 1st quarters of both games until they made the first mistake. They proved that they could score and defensively were solid. In the Cov Cath game, they had two costly penalties that turned scoring drives into nothing. Against NCC, a dopped pass kept them from scoring the first TD of the game. And a botched play kept them from tying the game in the 2nd quarter, instead giving NCC the ball and a 21-7 lead versus 14-14.

They led Milford until their were 4 seconds left in the game.

No excuses - NONE. So don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are not a bad football team. But, this is a team that has 7 returning Varsity players. They do not know how to win or sustain. But what I have seen from Lickert is a "believe" attitude! His coaches coach the entire game. The team improves each time they go out on the field. I believe he is the right guy for the job and will bring what he learned at Highlands ultimately to the Camels.