Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Washington,WV-18 vs Ashland-14
Final from Ashland.
A team not even in their class' Top 10 gives the #2 overall team in WV all they want.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A team not even in their class' Top 10 gives the #2 overall team in WV all they want.

WV. high school athletics is not even close to Ky.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A team not even in their class' Top 10 gives the #2 overall team in WV all they want.

I thought I remembered reading that GW was a really good team. Not too bad by Ashland then I guess.
Ashland has a hell of a team!!!
Another really good game in the TriState area tonight.
No haters HERE!! GW is a class act! Unbelievable field manners I enjoyed that game more than most. Would have rather had the win, but Ashlands defense is about as good as it gets they did everything that was ask of them. It was Ashlands game to lose with 2 mins To go, After several defensive stands by Ashland got the ball back with 2 mins left they just fell short.
Proud of my Tomcats! An I think GW an Ashland gained some respect for teams who never faced off before. Hope we pencil them in from here on out!
Very impressive showing by the Tomcats. Not the blowout that some thought
NEXT Wrote:WV. high school athletics is not even close to Ky.

I bet that's what the Ashland fans were saying too after GW came into their stadium and got the win. The game should have been worse too as GW was inside the 5 twice and had false start penalties according to a game recap I read. Take away Louisville, and KY HS football is average at best. That one area has some very good teams, but other than that, you're kidding yourself about the level of talent throughout the rest of the state. I saw before where some fans compared football in KY to OH. That's not even a debate. OH is near the top of the list in the country as far as the level of HS football played. By the way, an Ashland fan sure thinks his team is better than top 10 in their class. He traveled to the wvpreps board and talked all week about how they'd win the game without a doubt.
I know I picked GW in this, but I also said they would blow the Tomcats out...I was wrong, this was not the same Ashland team I saw at Lawrence Co. There were still alot of mistakes but by both teams. Congrats to GW for the win and to the Tomcats for my crow. It pains me to say this about my rival Tomcats, but I'm proud of you boys.
Unregistered Wrote:I bet that's what the Ashland fans were saying too after GW came into their stadium and got the win. The game should have been worse too as GW was inside the 5 twice and had false start penalties according to a game recap I read. Take away Louisville, and KY HS football is average at best. That one area has some very good teams, but other than that, you're kidding yourself about the level of talent throughout the rest of the state. I saw before where some fans compared football in KY to OH. That's not even a debate. OH is near the top of the list in the country as far as the level of HS football played. By the way, an Ashland fan sure thinks his team is better than top 10 in their class. He traveled to the wvpreps board and talked all week about how they'd win the game without a doubt.

Yeah it could have been worse, ashland fumbled three times and threw an interception. Wv is nothing like ky football, a top ranked wv team had all they wanted from a smaller unranked ky team. We may not be an ohio team, but we sure aren't a west virginia team either
Unregistered Wrote:I bet that's what the Ashland fans were saying too after GW came into their stadium and got the win. The game should have been worse too as GW was inside the 5 twice and had false start penalties according to a game recap I read. Take away Louisville, and KY HS football is average at best. That one area has some very good teams, but other than that, you're kidding yourself about the level of talent throughout the rest of the state. I saw before where some fans compared football in KY to OH. That's not even a debate. OH is near the top of the list in the country as far as the level of HS football played. By the way, an Ashland fan sure thinks his team is better than top 10 in their class. He traveled to the wvpreps board and talked all week about how they'd win the game without a doubt.

Man, you would of thought you lost the game? If you want to get technical Ashland was inside the 15 at least 3 times an couldn't convert! The 2 times your talking about for GW 4th an short an they tried to draw Ashland offsides an Ashlands defensive shifting made them jump everytime. I was impressed with GW an really hope we put them on the schedule every year, great team an showed tremendous sportsmanship, by both sides really.
Nice game Ashland.
Unregistered Wrote:Yeah it could have been worse, ashland fumbled three times and threw an interception. Wv is nothing like ky football, a top ranked wv team had all they wanted from a smaller unranked ky team. We may not be an ohio team, but we sure aren't a west virginia team either

GW has a fine team that plays with enthusiasim and they are well coached. I would say size, strength and athleticism were a wash between these two teams but, you'd have to give the team speed edge to GW. GW would win a lot of games if they played in the 8th district with Ashland, JC and Rowan. Saying that, I fully expected Ashland to come out and win this game after the half. Many believed GW would dominate Ashland but, the score, stats and bruises prove Ashland is for real.
Last week GW beat the #3 team in WV 61-0. Speaks volumes for Kentucky football. Statistically, the game was a wash. Both teams played the game the way it should be played and the better team won on this particular occasion. The Tomcats did have multiple opportunities to win this one but GW stopped them, a testament to what good football teams do.