Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in Fate/Destiny?
Some say we are all destined to be something, from the time we are born, and came into this earth, some "higher being" has a plan for us.

But I just cannot grasp the concept of that. I don't like the idea of someone already having a pre-made plan for me. I would rather make my own life, my own decisions, and make my own path..

Some of you all are probably thinking, Doesnt he believe in God?
Well, in a sense, no, but overall, yes.

I DO believe in God,
Just not the teachings "he" has provided us. There is a higher being out there, somewhere. It only makes sense that there is one. But many people believe in the "Big Bang Theory", and I have to respect that, and not only that religion, but there is thousands of religions in the world today. And no one knows which one is correct.

If you ask me, it doesnt matter what your religion is, only if you have a good outlook on life, and live it to your own expectations and not others.

Many people would consider that faith. But faith to me is not wanting to believe the truth. Call me a sinner, a faker, what ever. It's just my personal thoughts on the world and myself in it.

Whats your Opinion on Fate?
Yes
I would like to think that I control my own destiny. I too wish that I could control what happens to me by the decisions that I make and all of it isn't just part of a scheme derived for me before I was even alive.
I'm going to change my vote to "to an extent" actually...
We can change our path by the turn we make but the ultimate outcome for each path has long been determined. We have the choice of the road but not where it leads.
We all have FREE WILL!
to an extent
yes.. i believe everything happens for a reason. and sometimes i think fate or destiny does happen...
blackcatgirl07 Wrote:yes.. i believe everything happens for a reason. and sometimes i think fate or destiny does happen...

I totally agree
SeniorEagle04 Wrote:I totally agree

I agree, and the Big Bang might have happened, but something had to put everything into space and set things in motion.
Sure...I think there is a plan for us all...and if it is "fate" it WILL happen, but we can mess it up, by not acting on it!

wait...did I just contridict myself?...lol
Watching the movie Final Destination will make you worry... It's like a design for all of us.
I believe that our time on earth has already been planned, thought out and decided upon . . . .. .
Good KYHillbilly!
See the bible says that while we are still in our mother's womb, he has already planned out our entire life. It's his will. and though there are alternate paths to take, you'll still end up at the destination he's had planned for you all along. You might say that god is "the force"
I have a strong belief in fate, I really believe that is how I met my wife!!!!!
acoustic_andrew Wrote:Good KYHillbilly!
See the bible says that while we are still in our mother's womb, he has already planned out our entire life. It's his will. and though there are alternate paths to take, you'll still end up at the destination he's had planned for you all along. You might say that god is "the force"
Does that mean you can use the Bible as a reason to why someone commited a crime?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Does that mean you can use the Bible as a reason to why someone commited a crime?

The Bible wouldn't make you commit a crime
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Does that mean you can use the Bible as a reason to why someone commited a crime?

no not really because the bible also says that we are responsible for our own actions. But no matter which path you take, you'll end up where god planned for you to be.
Yes
Ok here's my view on the subject.. so if anyone cares pay attention..

I don't believe that our lives are planned out or written down by God, or whoever you believe in. I do believe in God, from the christianity point of it. And I believe that the God I choose to believe in knows my destiny, but doesn't haven't written down. I have the ability to change my life either for God or for whatever else, and ulitmately it comes down the the heaven and hell scenario. I believe in both places. I just don't see hwo you can believe in one and not the other. I believe Heaven is earned, not just given, and the same with hell. and I believe the bible, in that to go to heaven you serve God, if not, well you get the other. I think it's that cut and dry. Anyways, I guess I don't believe in fate, i think everyone has a chance to change. The bible says we are born destined for hell, but we have the ability to change that