Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NKY Surprises?
As of right now, what teams from Northern Kentucky have surprised you the most? Whether they have surprised you from how well they have played, or how poorly they have played.
this might be a week too early
Newport Catholic. They lost so much, yet they have came out and not missed a beat in the opening 2 weeks of the season. They have completely surprised me.

Campbell County and Dixie getting off to the poor starts that they have. CCHS is just not a good football team and showed nothing against Cov Cath and shrank down the stretch against a Milford team that was one dimensional and slow. Dixie, well I'm not sure it surprises me, but I know a lot of people expected that the publicity that Pike got would vault them into a powerhouse! Obviously after two weeks, that's far from where they are at.
I don't think NCC is a surprise because year in and year out they manage to find a way with the players they have. They do this at the middle school and high school level.

I think NKY 6A as a whole is somewhat a surprise with SK, Campbell, and Dixie all not preforming as many thought. Boone, could be IMO the surprise team in this district, only time will tell.

I think if you ask this question at the end of the year (looking forward here) we all maybe saying that Holy Cross (Covington) may be a surprise team. They seem to have really put the pieces together. Do I think they beat NCC during the regular season, probably not, but anything can happen.