Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County vs Sourth Laurel...Who Wins?? Why??
Both teams are coming into their third games 2-0. South Laurel is coming off from what has to be considered a solid win for the program in beating Campbellsville. Russell Co is coming off from a quality win against Whitley Co in a game that was much more evenly played than the score would suggest. Who comes out on top in this game, and why?
Russell County is strong this year, Britt will have a big game on the ground.

Russell County 49
South Laurel 14
If there is one team ive watched Whitley run all over and pound over the years its South.
They havent had a run defense at South in years, and this year is no different.
Russell Co. 42
South Laurel 14
Britt will have 200+ yards.
i think we (south) have a good chance. we have improved so much over last year and are playing more as a team. both our O and D lines are loaded with good players.
Russell Co.
andrewking Wrote:i think we (south) have a good chance. we have improved so much over last year and are playing more as a team. both our O and D lines are loaded with good players.

I've heard this from several places. My concern is that no one really knows what to expect from South this early in the year. Have they really made the start of a turn-around, or is the "South has improved" talk just that; talk.

The other side of this: Is Russell Co. really an improved team this year that will put together a quality season, or have they just been fortunate enough to have had two good games?

My gut tells me that Russell Co will win handily:

RCHS 45
S. Laurel 19
RC big!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If there is one team ive watched Whitley run all over and pound over the years its South.
Russell Co. 42
South Laurel 14
I agree with RIUTG on this one. South may be improved but they are not there yet.
Russell County by a bunch.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If there is one team ive watched Whitley run all over and pound over the years its South.
Russell Co. 42
South Laurel 14

AgreeConfusedinglepar
Rc 35
sl 21
I don't see Russell Co having an problems winning against SL!

Russell Co. - 35

South Laurel - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Russell Co. 35-20.
Russel Co. by alot, Russell has a very solid team this season
We are much better this year. Russell is loaded. Will be tuff.
Paul Crewe Wrote:We are much better this year. Russell is loaded. Will be tuff.

For Ressell Co standards I guess you could consider this team loaded. I seen Cville play and they took SL to Triple OT. Seen Russell play and they would have put a good licking on Cville.

Watch russell Co. Kicker kid has a LEG, he was trying 55+ yard field goals in warm ups
Pigskinman53 Wrote:For Ressell Co standards I guess you could consider this team loaded. I seen Cville play and they took SL to Triple OT. Seen Russell play and they would have put a good licking on Cville.

Watch russell Co. Kicker kid has a LEG, he was trying 55+ yard field goals in warm ups

He does at that....Lucas Williams 11th grade. He kicked a 29-yard field goal against Whitley that cleared the fence and 1/2 of the parking lot behind it. The ball went through above the top of the posts. He also had some really good punts in that game, which helped lead to the win (Field Position). One punt had to have netted 60-yards or so.