Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Drummond to UConn
Andre Drummond will play his college ball at UConn and it will be this upcoming season. UConn may be preseason # 1 now.

http://espn.go.com/boston/ncb/story/_/id...ps_6900015
Man, this sucks. Hopefully Coach Cal can reel in Coleman.
Even with the addition of Drummond, IMO UK and UNC still clearly have better overall teams.
I'm still sticking with my prediction that UK goes 40-0.
Aslan Wrote:Man, this sucks. Hopefully Coach Cal can reel in Coleman.
Even with the addition of Drummond, IMO UK and UNC still clearly have better overall teams.
I'm still sticking with my prediction that UK goes 40-0.

I think UK, UNC, UConn, and Ohio State will be 4 teams ahead of the pack next year.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I think UK, UNC, UConn, and Ohio State will be 4 teams ahead of the pack next year.

Those are my top 4 as well. But IMO UK and UNC are still head and shoulders above everyone else.
Man...I was high on Drummond. I really wanted him to be a Cat. Drummond is a beast, very good catch for the Huskies!
NO!!!!!!...This kills me!
I actually thought he would just go on to the NBA next year. He was always considered a UConn lean though had he chose college. Obviously that was correct.

UConn will def be in the talk as one of the best teams in the nation now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
UCONN must have spent the money on this one.
I dont know why he would choose uconn with all of there troubles.
i wonder how much they gave this one....
So we still have T.Jones
^Yes, I know. Boy, I wish we would have got Drummond - Because we still have T. Jones.....
We still have alot...and so does UNC. It's UNC-UK, then everyone else.
Even with Drummond, I think that UConn is one step behind UK and UNC. I would put them on the plateau of Ohio State as the 3rd or 4th best team.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't think this improves UConn at all really. The Huskies were an average team last year and finished 9th in the Big East. Kemba Walker is the only reason the Huskies made it as far as they did.

Unless UConn gets a PG similar to Kemba (at this point they don't), then I don't see UConn contending for the title. No player they currently have on their roster is capable of putting up Kemba-like numbers.
BCF4L Wrote:I don't think this improves UConn at all really. The Huskies were an average team last year and finished 9th in the Big East. Kemba Walker is the only reason the Huskies made it as far as they did.

Unless UConn gets a PG similar to Kemba (at this point they don't), then I don't see UConn contending for the title. No player they currently have on their roster is capable of putting up Kemba-like numbers.

So an average team won the national championship? They was the weakest champion we've had in a while, but nonetheless they were still good.
UCONN was very young last year and basically return everybody but Walker. Lamb is going to have a huge season and with the addition of possibly next years number one draft pick, look for UCONN to be in good position to repeat this year. UK/UNC are still clearly the two best teams, but UCONN should make another deep run. JMO.
Aslan Wrote:So an average team won the national championship? They was the weakest champion we've had in a while, but nonetheless they were still good.
UCONN was very young last year and basically return everybody but Walker. Lamb is going to have a huge season and with the addition of possibly next years number one draft pick, look for UCONN to be in good position to repeat this year. UK/UNC are still clearly the two best teams, but UCONN should make another deep run. JMO.
Don't get me wrong, UConn will have a good team, but you know as well as I do, most years, the best team doesn't win. This was the case last year. UConn finished 9th in their own conference, but was willed by Kemba to win the Championship. They won't have a Kemba on this years team. I don't expect them to even make it to the final 4.
Let them have Drummond. They still wont be able to stop us. We have so much talent this year that we dont know who will be starting and the ones that come off the bench could start anywhere in the nation. So bring Uconn on. That title is ours.