Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne/Greenup Scrimmage
Overall, I think the night went well. During the 10 play apiece the Bobcats scored once and Greenup didnt score. During the 10 plays the bobcats took two ints, to for sure scores. When the scrimmage went to 4 8 min quarters. Neither team scored in the first half. In the third quarter Greenup put up a nice touchdown on some young guys. Once the Bobcat defense starters came in they gave up one other touchdown. The bobcat offense didnt score. During the 4th quarter, Greenup outscored the bobcat jv 14 to nothing.

I was really impressed with the bobcat football team.

Good Luck Cats!
The bobcats looked great. the j.v. did struggle. Greenup County varsity scored on BL JV three times. I would have like for parsons to kept the varsity in a little longer.
GC scored 4 times in the timed portion of the scrimmage. 2 with Varsity and 2 with JV. Many of GC's players during the Varsity portion of the scrimmage were Sophomores and Freshmen as well.

GC used the 10 play portion of the scrimmage at the beginning of the game to try new defensive and offensive plays.

There is much to work on in the passing game for GC.
GC kept varsity in, when BL subbed. GC scored 1 against BL 1st team defense. Good Luck GC next week vs Pike Central