Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how will rowan county look this year?
they return 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:they return 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense

They had several kids in the East-West All star game in June, did they not start last year? I know Cross started both ways. What about Wallace, McClurg, and there was another defensive lineman in the game? Did they not start on offense and defense?
cross and mcClurg started offense and defense but wallace and sanders just started defense.
Wing is a monster and is a Mr. Football canidate pre season, but I dont think theyre will be that much sucsess.

Rowan basically losses its winniest class in school history and probably their best player in history as well in 1st team All State RB Cross, and the second best player on the team SO. FB Keonte Moore is out for the season with a leg injury.

Combine this with the loss of Head Coach Shadon Brown, who moved up the college ranks, along with a very difficult schedule, moving into a region with Highlands, and a major downgrade in HC's, I see Rowan only getting a few wins this season and a first round exit in post season. (We saw how good RC was when Cross was suspended against 2A last season)

Mont Co. - W
Southwestern - L
Mason County - L
Fleming County - W
West Jess - L
Ashland - L
Greenup -W
Boyd Co - W
Johnson Central - L
GRC - L

This would give Rowan the 3rd place finish in the district and heading the either CoV. Cath or Holmes, and both would probably be a loss for the vikings.

#4-7 for the season, and Wing is ready for bball season lol
I think they'll beat Mason County and Southwestern.
^If they are only as good as they look in this scrimmage, it will be a long year. I am sure they will rebound and be fine, but WOW!
Is Singleton still the head coach there? If so, they will be fine, he is a good coach.
LClion4life Wrote:I think they'll beat Mason County and Southwestern.

How do you figure, they havnt been able to beat Mason with a lot better teams than they have had this season, mainly the last two years.

:ChairHit:
Mason lost a heck of a lot more than Rowan did.
As long as they stay away from Boyle Co they may be alright!!:eyeroll:
I looked for a better showing from RC than that. Boyle County is BC and they do this to a lot of people. I think RC will be ok though. No one ever wins or loses a DC in the first preseason game.