Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Rankings
BGP is a joke with joke people running it. The smallest little thing they would ban you as a paying member. Just for you to come back with another name. It's all about $$$$$$$ he also is a huge Beechwood fan and loves his Northern football!
The Courier-Journal looks more realistic than BGP. There is no way St. Xavier is as low as 7th in Class 6A. That is wishful thinking on the part of the publics.
Class 3a will be a real toss up, they are so many good teams this year. At first glance I seen that breathitt at 10 I thought they are very underrated until I seen the teams ahead of them. I do think that breathitt should be higher about five spots considering that they have nine return offense and ten on defense. I also think that anyone in the top ten has a shot to win it. I feel that Bell co and Central are most like favorites but still early and that is why football is played on the field and not on pen and paper. Also want to see how Bell co does after the loss of hilton.
To bad I only drink the milk and dont buy the Cow!!!!!! These people did little research and is basically a regional website as was mentioned by someone in an earliar post.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:To bad I only drink the milk and dont buy the Cow!!!!!! These people did little research and is basically a regional website as was mentioned by someone in an earliar post.

I think we can all agree that BGP is very regional. They are very heavy on NKY. Lets not get off subject. Besides BGP, who else has come out with the rankings?
cuppett777 Wrote:2011 Class 3A Kentucky Football Preseason Rankings
1. Central
2. Bell County
3. Paducah Tilghman
4. Belfry
5. Mason County
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Corbin
8. Fort Campbell
9. Lawrence County
10. Breathitt County

3A is going to be loaded this year. With that being said there is no way Breathitt County should be ranked #10. Breathitt should be ranked #5 ahead of the likes of Lawrence County and Sheldon Clark. As the season progresses, Breathitt will be one of the most dangerous teams in 3A. Go Bobcats.
There is much work to do at Tilghman. Much.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree, although my post is probably one of those that you are characterizing as exhibiting a bad case of little brother syndrome. My problem with BGP was not with the way that they rank teams - and I think that they make an honest effort to take roster and coaching changes into account - but with a tiny minority (in my case, of one or two) of their moderators abusing their authority when posters (especially me) disagreed with them. I have not been subject to that treatment a single time on BGR. I have had some sharp exchanges with BGR moderators and admins in the Political forum and not once has any of them tried to intimidate me with their moderator badge.

The owner of BGP has made a conscious decision to limit membership by making it a pay site and by tightly moderating its forums. I respect his decision but I got tired of sparring with moderators whose feelings were hurt when I failed to defer to their superior judgment on political issues. Asking paying members to plead guilty to rules infractions that they did not commit has driven subscribers away - but that was apparently part of the business plan - maintain a small, easily managed user base.

As for the BGP preseason rankings and rankings in general, they are biased toward NKY teams because unless the process has changed, the panel of experts, in the end, must negotiate with the owner, a NKY native, before any of the rankings are published. There is some give and take in the process and people from around the state have their opinions heard but in the end the rankings are what one individual decides to publish.

By mid season, I prefer rankings like Massey that are not so heavily influenced by one person's geographical bias. In the preseason, beyond the obvious picks like Highlands, Trinity, etc., nobody's rankings are anything but guesstimate based on what people observed when the lights of last season went dark.

Bluegrass Preps is like Romper Room with Buela Bowellbreaker running the show. No use for that site what so ever...Personally I have never liked being charged for censorship. I sent an email to King Tut about being banned for a particualr comment explaining that I was tired of their lack of respect for Eastern KY and got a grammar lesson and explaination about "earning" respect. A pretty interesting comment from an egomaniac who demands respect through intimidation.

The management of BGR is so far superior to BGP I can't even locate words to describe it...and anyone that know me knows I am NEVER short for words. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about 28 people being on there...I would make a bet that 90% of those 28 were located within the Golden Triangle.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Lets not get off subject. Besides BGP, who else has come out with the rankings?

Good question. We know everyone isn't going to agree with any rankings, but it gives the posters of the site something to discuss. Will BGR come out with rankings and previews?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree, although my post is probably one of those that you are characterizing as exhibiting a bad case of little brother syndrome. My problem with BGP was not with the way that they rank teams - and I think that they make an honest effort to take roster and coaching changes into account - but with a tiny minority (in my case, of one or two) of their moderators abusing their authority when posters (especially me) disagreed with them. I have not been subject to that treatment a single time on BGR. I have had some sharp exchanges with BGR moderators and admins in the Political forum and not once has any of them tried to intimidate me with their moderator badge.

The owner of BGP has made a conscious decision to limit membership by making it a pay site and by tightly moderating its forums. I respect his decision but I got tired of sparring with moderators whose feelings were hurt when I failed to defer to their superior judgment on political issues. Asking paying members to plead guilty to rules infractions that they did not commit has driven subscribers away - but that was apparently part of the business plan - maintain a small, easily managed user base.

As for the BGP preseason rankings and rankings in general, they are biased toward NKY teams because unless the process has changed, the panel of experts, in the end, must negotiate with the owner, a NKY native, before any of the rankings are published. There is some give and take in the process and people from around the state have their opinions heard but in the end the rankings are what one individual decides to publish.

By mid season, I prefer rankings like Massey that are not so heavily influenced by one person's geographical bias. In the preseason, beyond the obvious picks like Highlands, Trinity, etc., nobody's rankings are anything but guesstimate based on what people observed when the lights of last season went dark.

Agree with you post Hoot G.
I was a member for three or four years. I really got tired of trying not to step on anyones toes. Seemed everytime I spoke my mind and it wasn't politically correct. I was getting hit with some rule violation. I'm truly not a political person. I speak my mind and let the chips fall where they may. I don't get on here to try and cause trouble. But to just say what I think and feel. That I assume is why this site is here! On BGP you can't do that for some reason. Felt like I was living in China/Russia. On BGR you may take some heat from some fans. But you constantly arn't threatened for saying something that some mod may not like or agree with you about. I'm happy here. Some may not be happy I'm here. I am one of those Ram fans that some on here say. Those Ram fans think their S,,, don't stink. Believe me when I say. We may stink this year. But we may surprise some also. We have a very young QB. No experience at all. And our backs are very young on both side of the ball. The line play may be our savior. I'd love to go 11-0 BUT.
I do love it here on BGR. I may take alot of heat from some rival fans. But I can say what I want. I can praise or disagree with someone. And it won't get me put in the corner or thrown off the site. And I don't have to answer a mod saying I'm sorry it won't happen again like I was five years old.
I know Lawrence County is 9th in Class 3a
Bear_Paw Wrote:Bluegrass Preps is like Romper Room with Buela Bowellbreaker running the show. No use for that site what so ever...Personally I have never liked being charged for censorship. I sent an email to King Tut about being banned for a particualr comment explaining that I was tired of their lack of respect for Eastern KY and got a grammar lesson and explaination about "earning" respect. A pretty interesting comment from an egomaniac who demands respect through intimidation.

The management of BGR is so far superior to BGP I can't even locate words to describe it...and anyone that know me knows I am NEVER short for words. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about 28 people being on there...I would make a bet that 90% of those 28 were located within the Golden Triangle.
Your post reminds me that my frequent use of the phrase "Golden Triangle" really irritated a lot of BGP members. I remember the year that Fairview, with D1 running back Chris Jennings (also a great LB), was en route to an undefeated regular season and I began arguing with the BGP rating wizards around mid-season that they deserved a spot in the Top 10 in Class A.

After bashing the Eagles' soft schedule all season long, they finally put Fairview in at #10 after the team finished the regular season undefeated. Fairview gave Beechwood a great game in the regional final that season until the Tigers' superior depth allowed them to take control of the game midway through the second half. It was obvious by that time that Fairview was easily one of the top 5 teams in A that season but to earn respect from BGP management, the Eagles had to first give a good NKY team a competitive game.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Agree with you post Hoot G.
I was a member for three or four years. I really got tired of trying not to step on anyones toes. Seemed everytime I spoke my mind and it wasn't politically correct. I was getting hit with some rule violation. I'm truly not a political person. I speak my mind and let the chips fall where they may. I don't get on here to try and cause trouble. But to just say what I think and feel. That I assume is why this site is here! On BGP you can't do that for some reason. Felt like I was living in China/Russia. On BGR you may take some heat from some fans. But you constantly arn't threatened for saying something that some mod may not like or agree with you about. I'm happy here. Some may not be happy I'm here. I am one of those Ram fans that some on here say. Those Ram fans think their S,,, don't stink. Believe me when I say. We may stink this year. But we may surprise some also. We have a very young QB. No experience at all. And our backs are very young on both side of the ball. The line play may be our savior. I'd love to go 11-0 BUT.
I do love it here on BGR. I may take alot of heat from some rival fans. But I can say what I want. I can praise or disagree with someone. And it won't get me put in the corner or thrown off the site. And I don't have to answer a mod saying I'm sorry it won't happen again like I was five years old.
:Thumbs: I agree. To run afoul of the BGR mods, you have to behave in a very obnoxious manner. As long as you don't act like a spoiled teen aged brat, you don't get treated like one here.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:BGP is a joke with joke people running it. The smallest little thing they would ban you as a paying member. Just for you to come back with another name. It's all about $$$$$$$ he also is a huge Beechwood fan and loves his Northern football!

That is no lie they ban me for putting info about a kids football camp at breathitt . It is a joke and they will never get anothEr dollar from me. I like BGR alot better any way, you can voice your opinion with out getting kicked off.
Gold Charger Wrote:Good question. We know everyone isn't going to agree with any rankings, but it gives the posters of the site something to discuss. Will BGR come out with rankings and previews?

Ever since I joined, I have done previews for girls basketball. I will HELP someone with football rankings if we wanted to make them.

Feel free to look for the pre-season girls basketball rankings and then look at how they finished.......I'll go ahead and pat myself, and my helpers, on the back Big Grin
LWC Wrote:Ever since I joined, I have done previews for girls basketball. I will HELP someone with football rankings if we wanted to make them.

Feel free to look for the pre-season girls basketball rankings and then look at how they finished.......I'll go ahead and pat myself, and my helpers, on the back Big Grin

I remember seeing the girls rankings last year and kept asking about the boys basketball rankings, but was given a link to the girls. I would have liked to seen both.
To do rankings justice involves a lot of work. At one time, I helped put the girls' basketball rankings together on the "other" bluegrass site. Nobody has the time to become familiar with the rosters and coaches for every team in the state, so you must do extensive research on game results, relative strengths of schedule, and W-L records each week.

I updated a large Excel spreadsheet each week that included hyperlinks to individual team schedules and results on the KHSAA website to save time but it was still very time consuming. After I reviewed all of the previous week's results among teams having good enough records to consider ranking, I shared my individual rankings with others on the panel, and then the owner of the site made the final call.

I took a look at the preseason football rankings on the other site yesterday and the quality has sharply declined over the past few years. Except for the top few teams in the rankings and those from NKY, details for the ranked teams are very sketchy. The declining membership resulting for the heavy handed moderators is taking its toll.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I think we can all agree that BGP is very regional. They are very heavy on NKY.

I frequent all three high school sites (adding KentuckyPreps to the mix), and I enjoy all three. I think each has its place and its own strengths. But all three are very regional. KentuckyPreps is mostly western Kentucky with some straying towards E-Town. BluegrassPreps is NKY and Louisville. This site is much more eastern Kentucky with some central added in.
DragonFire Wrote:I frequent all three high school sites (adding KentuckyPreps to the mix), and I enjoy all three. I think each has its place and its own strengths. But all three are very regional. KentuckyPreps is mostly western Kentucky with some straying towards E-Town. BluegrassPreps is NKY and Louisville. This site is much more eastern Kentucky with some central added in.

Agree.
cuppett777 Wrote:2011 Class 1A Kentucky Football Preseason Rankings
1. Beechwood
2. Mayfield
3. Hazard
4. Louisville Holy Cross
5. Pikeville
6. Frankfort
7. Russellville
8. Fairview
9. Raceland
10. Williamsburg

Knowing what Mayfield has coming back, how can anyone justify putting Beechwood ahead of them?
Gold Charger Wrote:Agree.

Also agree
Gold Charger Wrote:I remember seeing the girls rankings last year and kept asking about the boys basketball rankings, but was given a link to the girls. I would have liked to seen both.

I don't know ANYTHING about boys basketball. I got the ball rolling on the girls rankings, but I wouldn't even know where to start for the boys.
DragonFire Wrote:I frequent all three high school sites (adding KentuckyPreps to the mix), and I enjoy all three. I think each has its place and its own strengths. But all three are very regional. KentuckyPreps is mostly western Kentucky with some straying towards E-Town. BluegrassPreps is NKY and Louisville. This site is much more eastern Kentucky with some central added in.

I can agree with this. The problem is, the other two sites grow more regionalized with each passing day, while BGR seems to be branching out a little more. We have a few very good WKY, Lexington, Louisville, and NKY posters on here.
RoShamBo Wrote:I can agree with this. The problem is, the other two sites grow more regionalized with each passing day, while BGR seems to be branching out a little more. We have a few very good WKY, Lexington, Louisville, and NKY posters on here.

:Thumbs:
:Thumbs:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Knowing what Mayfield has coming back, how can anyone justify putting Beechwood ahead of them?

:Thumbs: Agree!