Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn strips Zeke Pike of his Scholarship?(Rumor)
I heard this tonight. Are these rumors true?
Unless you have info. on this, I wouldn't print rumor. I can't find anything on it and would imagine all you have heard is scuttle but around town. Unless you can present proof, I would say can it.
I labeled it as a rumor til we get some proof.
i know Arkansas would love it..
doesn't Auburn have a committment from another really good QB in the same class?
nkyfootball81 Wrote:I heard this tonight. Are these rumors true?

I don't think there is any truth to the rumors. I heard it a month ago. If it had been true back then, it would have been reported on the Auburn football sites and Pike would have opened up his recruiting again. Neither of those things have happened.

So unless something has happened recently to cause Auburn to pull the scholarship (and I have heard of nothing) I think an old and false rumor has gotten around to you.

Given the national attention on Pike, if Pike's scholarship is revoked, you'll read about it on all the national recruiting blogs.
I give this about .05 % chance of being true
Shouldnt even be a thread.
^ I think it's OK to be a thread, but it should have been labeled differently from the start. I like to idea of have a place to bounce rumors around, and in it's appropriate context, this is as good a place as any to air them. Hell, 99% of our posts are based on opinion, not fact, so rumors is just fine.
It was getting posted elsewhere that Pike may consider Michigan. This was from last Saturday:

http://gamestarsnow.info/2011/07/30/zeke...e-today-6/
http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Qui...ke-3399223

Auburn quarterback commitment Zeke Pike said he had a good weekend visiting with Auburn coaches and hanging out with other unofficial visitors. He made the 7 1/2-hour drive alone for the first time.

We'll have a full Q&A with Pike up shortly, but here are some nuggets.

* Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn suggested he back off on the Tweets. He'd been sparring with Alabama fans for a few days.

* Pike said he's feeling great physically and that the surgery on his left shoulder has not hindered him in camps and combines. He does not expect to have full contact until the first game.

* He said unofficial visitor Dorial Green-Beckham, the nation's No. 1 wide receiver prospect, had a good visit to Auburn. He said he expects him to wait until signing day to make a decision. Green-Beckham is still on-campus.

* If Pike feels like he has a chance to contribute early - and he believes he will feel that way - he plans to enroll in school next January and go through spring practice.

* He still seemed miffed that ESPN dropped his ranking to a 3-star and said he believes it's at least partly because he chose to play in the U.S. Army All-America Bowl after the season instead of the Under Armour All-America Game.

The full Q&A is coming soon.

This post was edited by PhillipMarshall on 7/31/2011 at 1:33 PM
he still shows that he's committed to Auburn on his Rivals Profile
Okay that is why I posted this, to see if anything was true. I just had heard many things lately that I fully believe after talked to parents whose kids have played with Pike and know him personally.

When I heard the rumors I asked why they would strip it and I got back three reasons:

(1) At Dixie's prom, Zeke showed up drunk and vomitted into his Auburn hat that he wore, then threw it away.
(2) He was charged with a DUI just recently (not sure of the date).
(3) He had been talking to Michigan recruiters and Auburn found out.

Im not positive about 2 and 3, but my niece, who goes to Dixie and was at their prom, told me about 1, and I've also heard that from MANY others.

These definitely could all be rumors, but it seems that they are spreading almost too fast for all of them to be false.
After reading this thread, I felt like it was 2009.....lol
nkyfootball81 Wrote:Okay that is why I posted this, to see if anything was true. I just had heard many things lately that I fully believe after talked to parents whose kids have played with Pike and know him personally.

When I heard the rumors I asked why they would strip it and I got back three reasons:

(1) At Dixie's prom, Zeke showed up drunk and vomitted into his Auburn hat that he wore, then threw it away.
(2) He was charged with a DUI just recently (not sure of the date).
(3) He had been talking to Michigan recruiters and Auburn found out.

Im not positive about 2 and 3, but my niece, who goes to Dixie and was at their prom, told me about 1, and I've also heard that from MANY others.

These definitely could all be rumors, but it seems that they are spreading almost too fast for all of them to be false.
[INDENT]
Quote:A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain
[/INDENT][INDENT]
Quote:A lie travels farther than the truth. - Irish proverb
[/INDENT]
Even if all of the above is true, you have no business repeating it here. The fact that you admit that all of what you posted may be false should tell you something. It is one thing to post recruiting rumors about where a kid is going to play but posting rumors about public drunkenness and DUIs is beyond the pale, IMO.
That's why i said it should have never been a thread. I knew it would come to this.
nkyfootball81 Wrote:Okay that is why I posted this, to see if anything was true. I just had heard many things lately that I fully believe after talked to parents whose kids have played with Pike and know him personally.

:HitWall:
This crap should not be permitted to be posted on this site or any site. It's uncalled. It's wrong.
What I say isn't meant to negatively affect anyone. Like I have said for the third time now, this is gossip that I have heard. I have no proof that this is happening. I specifically said these were rumors. If it's going to come to this then BGR staff please remove the thread. All that I posted this for was so that I could understand whether or not anyone else had heard of these rumors.
Rumors of this type SHOULD NEVER be posted on a site like this or any other type sites. Especially the #13 post. These types of rumors could lead to a negative or black spot on a young kids reputation. Just like in the kids game "pass-it-on" the word rumor will get dropped and all of a sudden it becomes "facts" and really cause some harm. IT'S WRONG
IF this were true, I'm sure those who follow recruiting around the south would know immediately.
This thread needs to be closed.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This thread needs to be closed.
and deleted
I'm going to close this thread til I ask a Administrator what I should do.

I'm gonna leave it open til 10:40.
Let's just close and delete it now. I didn't mean for what happened to happen. Things just will get nastier the longer it stays up. Just close it and delete it.