Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is football time in bell county
We look awful young but i think we are going to be very good after we start clicking!
Just curious if it is football time anywhere else or is it just Bell County
I guess that depends on the players doesn't it? In bell county football is 360 days a year in my opinion. Just because there are no games or practice doesn't mean there isn't kids conditioning, lifting, coaching changes, etc, etc.
Hope Bell County does really well this fall, have always been an admirer of watching good football being played and Bell County does it as often as anyone. This coming from a Lawrence County fan to boot. Smile
Bell County Best record this year will be 8-2 reg. season. I will go as far as saying maybe 7-3. They will lose 1st game and last game of the season. The rest of their season is cherry pie. Surprise loss may come from M-boro.....just mho.:popcorn:
highschoolfan Wrote:Bell County Best record this year will be 8-2 reg. season. I will go as far as saying maybe 7-3. They will lose 1st game and last game of the season. The rest of their season is cherry pie. :thatsfunnpopcorn:

:lmao::please:
highschoolfan Wrote:Bell County Best record this year will be 8-2 reg. season. I will go as far as saying maybe 7-3. They will lose 1st game and last game of the season. The rest of their season is cherry pie. Surprise loss may come from M-boro.....just mho.:popcorn:

:thatsfunn:lmao::please:
That maybe true about the first and last game but dont count the bobcats out:dontthink amd middlesboro:lmao: corbin would be closer to that than middlesboro:yikes:
If middlesboro can beat Bell Co. then they should have no trouble wrapping up the 2A state title..............NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Like I said though,"I like the optimism".
BobcatForever Wrote:That maybe true about the first and last game but dont count the bobcats out:dontthink amd middlesboro:lmao: corbin would be closer to that than middlesboro:yikes:

Why I think this---I saw Bell in 7 on 7 at UPike--weak covering the pass--and M-Boro will pass all over the field--Corbin is weak in the passing game....as I said long shot--but it could happen this year...the Lex Cath. game will show how well Bell can cover the pass....we shall see..Bell will beat Corbin 21 pts...this year. :moon:
Its football time in Lawrence County!!! Bell is now a thing of the past with their legendary coach leaving! Go Dawgs!!
:dontthink:notworthy
:lmao::lmao:
bulldog4life Wrote:Its football time in Lawrence County!!! Bell is now a thing of the past with their legendary coach leaving! Go Dawgs!!

:please::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
highschoolfan Wrote:Why I think this---I saw Bell in 7 on 7 at UPike--weak covering the pass--and M-Boro will pass all over the field--Corbin is weak in the passing game....as I said long shot--but it could happen this year...the Lex Cath. game will show how well Bell can cover the pass....we shall see..Bell will beat Corbin 21 pts...this year. :moon:
the thing about 7 on 7 is there is no lineman.trying to knock the crap out of u its easy to stand there with no pressure on him .lets see how middlesboro offensive line blocks our defensive line then we will talk.
:redboxer:
belldad2011 Wrote:the thing about 7 on 7 is there is no lineman.trying to knock the crap out of u its easy to stand there with no pressure on him .lets see how middlesboro offensive line blocks our defensive line then we will talk.
:redboxer:

:please::lmao:
According to the KHSAA site,Middlesboro lost 5 of their top 6 defensive linemen in tackles. They lost their top 4 db.s in tackles. Also they lost 3 of their top 4 linebackers listed for most tackles. Almost all of their replacements coming up were to be sophomores this season,but not all. There are 5 sr.s and 5 jr.s returning this season. Along with 21 sophomores. Unless they had a bunch of monster transfers come this year,I don't see how they could come close to Bell Co. This should be a rebuilding year for the jackets. Maybe not though,I have seen stranger.
Yes it is! Love how everybody thinks we will be down because of Dudley leaving. IMO Wayne Mills is one of the best coaches around. Proof is there in how he turned Knox Co football around. Also most if not all of Bell Co's assistants return. Bell has 61 players to find talent from. Like I stated before, some players at Bell that didn't start last year would start at most schools around here.
I agree with you that most of the replacements could start for other schools BCB09. I also agree that Bell is not down compared to other teams. But i will say that I think that compared to Bell's own standards,the new starters are going to have to prove they are on last years level. I also believe that Bell is on the threshold of a great team for next season with 20+ seniors who are Juniors now. So,my take on it is if Bell is to be got it's this year because it may be really tough to do in the next 3 or 4 at least. I certainly don't think anyone could make an assessment of beating Bell based on Bell's preseason performance in a 7 on 7 passing tournament. I hope that when we come down there on the 12th that we can have an injury free,good showing in front of a large crowd for an up and coming 1A team. That would be a good experience for our kids. Bell will be the best team we will see this season and I'm excited about it. Good luck to you all this season.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes it is! Love how everybody thinks we will be down because of Dudley leaving. IMO Wayne Mills is one of the best coaches around. Proof is there in how he turned Knox Co football around. Also most if not all of Bell Co's assistants return. Bell has 61 players to find talent from. Like I stated before, some players at Bell that didn't start last year would start at most schools around here.

09 let them keep thinking that ,they will be looking at the scoreboard ,crying wondering what happened.:eyeroll:
Stardust......u seem a "'WHOLE LOT BIASED".......seems others are punished on this website for a comment you seem to enjoy
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes it is! Love how everybody thinks we will be down because of Dudley leaving. IMO Wayne Mills is one of the best coaches around. Proof is there in how he turned Knox Co football around. Also most if not all of Bell Co's assistants return. Bell has 61 players to find talent from. Like I stated before, some players at Bell that didn't start last year would start at most schools around here.
I agree. Bell reloads year after year. Wish you guys the best this year. Looking forward to watching the Bobcats represent the mountains again this year on their way to a title run.
Middlesboro, nor Corbin, nor harlan co will beat bell. I think Bell's only lose may come from lex cath. 7-on7's don't mean squat, especially right now!
Its gonna be a good year for Bell County IMO. The fact they have Davenport back makes them scary and Bell teams always play good defense.
Cath is the only loss I see coming for Bell during regular season.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Cath is the only loss I see coming for Bell during regular season.

Ok, I got some peoples goat with the M- Boro statement ( lol ) But on a serious note Lex Cath.---Lafeyette--Harlan Co.---3 loses I see. JMHO........
Stardust Wrote:Just curious if it is football time anywhere else or is it just Bell County

what do u think?
Harlan Co. is loaded with talent this year. They will have very good speed and size on the line. I look for them to be KING of the mountains.
Mountain Wrote:Harlan Co. is loaded with talent this year. They will have very good speed and size on the line. I look for them to be KING of the mountains.

To be the "King", you gotta beat the "King". :king:
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:To be the "King", you gotta beat the "King". :king:
I have heard that Harlan Co. will be good this year, which is great. i wish nothing but the best for all the mountain teams, but until a team like harlan co. can win against bell co its hard for me to crown them KING of the mountains, even if they beat Bell this year would that truely mean they are king of the mountains. lets see a team win year after year like bell has.
Picture Day today we had 63 out.